MLK Holiday/Crowds

GeorgiaHoo

Anyone have input on whether MLK Holiday, Monday January 16, will affect crowd levels? We can go either Saturday-Thursday, January 14-19, which means we would be at the parks over the holiday weekend. Other option is to wait until early December 2006.

If the crowds are reasonable that weekend we will go. If we are looking at long lines for the rides we will wait.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
A little on the hustle/bustle side, but far from unbearable. The 17,18, and 19th should be really nice slow days. Januaury is historicly slow, that weekend creating a small spike (think just regular summer day).

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

GeorgiaHoo said:
What's a normal summer day like? We have only been once, and that was 2 years ago in February.

Hot, Hot, Hot. In the 90's with a short rain shower in the afternoon about 2p. However, in the summer, the parks are open much later in the evening, so you can take a break mid day to go in the pool.

Upvote 0

MichRX7

Premium Member
Not sure about MLK holiday, but we went in January the week the superbowl was in Tampa and I was surprised at how small the crowds were all week. I expected them to be much larger with the SB just an hour away.

And on SB Sunday it was basically empty.

Upvote 0

Iakona

GeorgiaHoo said:
Anyone have input on whether MLK Holiday, Monday January 16, will affect crowd levels? We can go either Saturday-Thursday, January 14-19, which means we would be at the parks over the holiday weekend. Other option is to wait until early December 2006.

If the crowds are reasonable that weekend we will go. If we are looking at long lines for the rides we will wait.

We went last year at this time and are going again this year. Corwds were minimal compared to the summer. Having said that, attendance seems to be up this year so it may be a bit more crowded, but as someone that HATES being in a crowd I had no issues with this time period.
The College Cheerleaders were there last year as well and I think I only saw one group. :mad: My wife thinks i plan our trip around the Cheerleaders, but I swear it is a coincidence.:cool:

Upvote 0

GeorgiaHoo

Original Poster
Thats really good info

We were thinking about going the first week in January but it seems like that time frame may be bad because of the marathons on the 7th and 8th. Also concerned about hangover growds on the 2nd and 3rd. Hmm, I hate crowds and don't want to spend $$$$$$$$ to stand in line for rides. My limit is about 20 minutes tops to stand in line.

Upvote 0

WDWcrazy626

We always go the first week in December. After experiencing different times, this is the best. Least crowded..love the holiday decorations..and the lines are short (compared to normal)..we never wait more than 10 minutes for Space mountain. It's the best!!

Upvote 0

PigletIsMyCat

MichRX7 said:
Not sure about MLK holiday, but we went in January the week the superbowl was in Tampa and I was surprised at how small the crowds were all week. I expected them to be much larger with the SB just an hour away.

And on SB Sunday it was basically empty.

Anyone else have any input on crowd levels Superbowl weekend? My dad is going to Florida to watch the Superbowl with his friend, and that is when the rest of us were thinking of going.

Upvote 0

PigletIsMyCat

I hate football. So does my mom. And my DH likes Disney more than football. My stupid dad and brother can go gorge themselves on football at the ESPN club while I ride Splash Mountain a thousand times!

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

GeorgiaHoo said:

My wife and I went this past MLK weekend. Crowds were not too bad but the usual rides still had long lines. Space Mtn, Splash, Test Track all had over 20 minute waits.

Typically weekend crowds are always larger than mid week, so if you REALLY have to miss the crowds, shoot for Tuesday.

Upvote 0

SpenceMan01

For those who are thinking about hitting Disney on Superbowl Sunday, get your planning shoes on:

Super Bowl XLI...is scheduled to be played on February 4, 2007 at Dolphins Stadium in Miami, Florida.

Makes me want to push back my honeymoon to take advantage of the lack of crowds.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom