MLB 2024 Discussion Thread (Current Champions: Texas Rangers)

MattC

Braves win in a crazy ending…Harper doubled off 1st by not tagging….not sure why Harris threw the ball to 2nd? Riley backed up and threw to 1st to double Harper….

On to Philly…

Arizona up 3-0 in Top of 1st inning….
That ending was something. Thank goodness Riley was backing up.

I feel my hairs turning grey.

Dad 2 M & M

@MattC

Watching LA/Arizona?

Game 1
Maybe I was over-evaluating, but when the Dodgers were down 8 runs, didn’t they keep zooming in on Freddie?

Game 2
5th Inning
Dodgers down 2 runs, 2 runners on base, 1 out with Betts at bat and Freddie next, Betts grounds out softly, and Freddie watches called 3rd strike, ON THREE STRAIGHT CURVE/BREAKING BALLS

Innings later with runners on, Freddie grounded into inning ended double play

MattC

@MattC

Watching LA/Arizona?

Game 1
Maybe I was over-evaluating, but when the Dodgers were down 8 runs, didn’t they keep zooming in on Freddie?

Game 2
5th Inning
Dodgers down 2 runs, 2 runners on base, 1 out with Betts at bat and Freddie next, Betts grounds out softly, and Freddie watches called 3rd strike, ON THREE STRAIGHT CURVE/BREAKING BALLS

Innings later with runners on, Freddie grounded into inning ended double play
No, I haven’t been watching the LA/Dbacks series. On too late for me. Interesting how it’s going though. My buddy, who is an LA fan, ain’t happy.

I don’t know what was up with that Harris throw. I kinda feel Harris assumed Harper was tagging up on first to try for second and Harris didn’t take the time to look or listen to what the infield guys were telling him.

Dad 2 M & M

No, I haven’t been watching the LA/Dbacks series. On too late for me. Interesting how it’s going though. My buddy, who is an LA fan, ain’t happy.

I don’t know what was up with that Harris throw. I kinda feel Harris assumed Harper was tagging up on first to try for second and Harris didn’t take the time to look or listen to what the infield guys were telling him.
I never considered tagging from 1st …. That HAS to be what happened….

Dad 2 M & M

I don’t understand how it seems EVERY Team can use comments as “bulletin board” material, such as comments from our SS Monday Night, and TEAMS FROM ATLANTA CAN NEVER DO THE SAME….

We received the throat slash in the Bottom of the 3rd….will it motivate?

MattC

I don’t understand how it seems EVERY Team can use comments as “bulletin board” material, such as comments from our SS Monday Night, and TEAMS FROM ATLANTA CAN NEVER DO THE SAME….

We received the throat slash in the Bottom of the 3rd….will it motivate?

Not looking good for us tonight. We are in “save the arms” territory now. Someone gonna have to take one for the team and eat innings. Unless the Braves mount an AMAZING comeback.

Dad 2 M & M

Not looking good for us tonight. We are in “save the arms” territory now. Someone gonna have to take one for the team and eat innings. Unless the Braves mount an AMAZING comeback.
Yep

Looking that way

Meanwhile

Minnesota lards Houston 1-0 in 2nd

Dad 2 M & M

BTW

You realize in our Championship Year 2021, we NEVER faced elimination?

Dad 2 M & M

Oh yeah. I remember.

I am not a fan of this new playoff format. I mean, maybe the results are the same either way. But, it doesn’t look like we do well with the break.
No, ZERO NL Division winner has Won a Playoff Series....

Do have to point out THIS is LA and ATL in the Postseason....still can't accept the history with the lack of that killer instinct

Never seem to have it in Atl..........

Dad 2 M & M

It's beginning to look like baseball and the Networks are going to avoid the horror of a Small Market World Series...Astros seem poised to finish tonight......

SteveBrickNJ

Last year no one would have thought the Phillies would make it to the World Series. It COULD happen again?🤔
Screenshot_20231011-212716_Chrome.jpg

SteveBrickNJ

It’s looking good for them. Playing well and lots of momentum.
Hypothetically, the NL representative and the AL representative could both be the same.
It is possible that the 2022 WS teams will once again be the 2023 World Series teams.
Maybe not...but at least it's possible. ;)

Dad 2 M & M

ALCS will have the two best Managers in the Majors….

I wish Dusty was wearing a different uniform….such a class act

Bruce Bochy was quietly the best manager the in the game in the ‘10s….definitely best since Torre

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom