mkt is going to DC!

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Ladies and Gentlemen... Boys and Girls.

Orlando's roads will be safe once again for the tourists that flock it.

For mkt... is going to Washington... on mine and the ms's anniversary trip.

So that's right, June 17-20, at the Willard, mkt and his miss will be there.

What does this mean? If you wanna meet up, let me know. I haven't been to DC since my childhood, and the miss has never been and told me she'd like to go.

She has no idea I'm doing this, so... let's keep it hush hush.. mmm'kay ;)

and off topic... Independence Air RULES!!! $75 round trip... per person. W00T I SAY! W00T!

Shaman

mkt said:
Ladies and Gentlemen... Boys and Girls.

Orlando's roads will be safe once again for the tourists that flock it.

For mkt... is going to Washington... on mine and the ms's anniversary trip.

So that's right, June 17-20, at the Willard, mkt and his miss will be there.

What does this mean? If you wanna meet up, let me know. I haven't been to DC since my childhood, and the miss has never been and told me she'd like to go.

She has no idea I'm doing this, so... let's keep it hush hush.. mmm'kay ;)

and off topic... Independence Air RULES!!! $75 round trip... per person. W00T I SAY! W00T!

Cool! Have fun.... :D :wave:

Laura

Premium Member
I've been watching Independence Air's prices lately. Very awesome. Too bad I live over 6 hours from DC.

My husband has been in Quantico since April. He says the traffic is making him miserable LOL.

SIR90210

Hey, sounds like loads of fun! While Orlando's roads may be safer, DC's never are. Be careful, have fun, and avoid self-rightgeous politicians! :wave:

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
alrighty... I just spoke to the french sounding concierge at the Willard, and he sounds... french.

Which means I can't understand 4 words in each sentence he said

Which means... who can help me with things to do. Smithsonian is definitely on the list of things to do, as are the memorials and monuments... and political buildings, but what about nightlife?

Boo's Mom

Here are a few websites I found:

http://washingtondc.feelcities.com/cityguide/cityguide_nightlife.aspx

http://www.dcnites.com/

http://www.washington.org/index.cfm...CurrentPage=77&CFID=14973449&CFTOKEN=88058221

oh yea, I got a phone call today from some marketing company. It came up MKT,INC. on the caller ID. First thing that came to mind was your username. I actually laughed my a$$ off after hanging the phone up. He told me he wasn't trying to sell anything and asked if I was over 18. I lied :lol:

Number_6

If you have time, try to squeeze in a trip to the National Zoo. It's really a beautiful place to walk around if its a nice day.

saucymb

If you only have a couple of days, I would highly recommend the evening tour. Many people don't like tours, including myself, but we only had two days and my husband had never been to DC. So this bus tour picked us up around 7pm at our hotel, and along with about 30 other people, we visited the Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, Vietnam Memorial, Capitol, White House, and two or three other places. You do get off the bus and have some time at each one. It was around $30 per person, but it was worth it! (AAA discount is 25% I think, IATAN is 50%). If you are pressed for time and want to see a lot, this is a good way to do it. Otherwise, doing it yourself would take quite some time. Best part: pick up and drop off at your hotel (around 11pm). I can't think of the name of the company right now, but if you would like it I'm sure I could find it for you. But if you dislike tours or anything resembling a tour, I would skip it. Have fun!

AliciaLuvzDizne

Im not sure that I've ever heard of independance air before, but my mom and I are going to Norfolk (Va Beach) next weekend to see the family (and lay on the beach :D ) and we're flying Independance Air.
we just booked the tickets over the weekend and I think only paid 200 dollars each! Last Minute, I was impressed!

Number_6

My brother-in-law is coming down at the beginning of June for a week from Boston. I decided to look and see how the rates through Independence Air were in comparison to Jet Blue which he is flying. For having to make a connection in DC, it's pretty pricy and actually cost more one-way than the entire round trip direct flight is costing from JetBlue. Though, if I were headed to DC, I'm pretty sure it would be cheaper on Independence, so it's not bad, but I'll probably stick with JetBlue.

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
I paid $75/round trip, per person. $202 for the 2 of us after tax

imagineer99

Well, if you're going to fly Independence air, do it soon. They are in bankruptcy and I doubt they will be in business much longer. Next year they will probably be no more.

It's a shame too. They made getting to Orlando and Detroit really easy for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom