MK Update 12.9.12

djkidkaz

Original Poster
Just got back 30 min. ago and heres a quick update:

• Some details on the roof of the GF DVC are starting to show
  • Some Roger Rabbit merchandise has shown up in the Emporium
  • Tomorrowland walkway is now complete and added a smoking section
  • Show building behind Bonjour gifts is behind tarps to be hidden from guest view
  • They've opened up some more of the bridge around New Fantasyland ( I believe this was done to help with press flow on the 6th )
  • Tarps look to be coming down on Columbia Harbor House ( they've redone the roof and will have to now start on the roof above the walkway as its faded and not the same color )
  • Rapunzels bathroom work continues and noticed some more of the buildings painted
  • They've added a shooting gun effect to Haunted Mansion in the ballroom when the portraits come alive
I believe that we should be seeing the portion of the HM / Rapunzel walkway opening soon. It looks like they have been laying down the cement and seeing as they are starting to remove some of the tarps on CHH I think they will push the walls back to open it up while they work on the rest of the CHH facade / roof.

For the pics, visit my twitpic: http://twitpic.com/photos/djkidkaz

TinkerBelle8878

Yay to there being Roger Rabbit anything in the parks but is it just me or do the shirts, especially the white one, look very poor in quality? Like a bad flea market knock off of old Disney merchandise?

articos

That is good to hear.

Also, Roger Rabbit is getting a 25th Anniversary blu-ray release next year. I wouldn't be surpirsed to see more merch for him in the upcoming months (just a guess on my part).
An accurate one. There's also a sequel, minus Hoskins, in the works. Too early to tell if it will get a theatrical release or go straight to DVD.

Patricia Melton

I doubt we will see a Roger Rabbit sequel. That's been talked about forever.

Though it would probably be easier than ever to make one.

The idea I heard back when the first movie came out was to actually do a prequel...and show Roger and the other toons working for the US military in WWII against the Germans. Remember that most if not all the cartoon characters were used in propaganda films during the war..."drafted" into service alongside real people. So the idea for this "prequel" was to show that. The events of that movie would have happened before the Who Frame Roger Rabbit. If you look closely in Maroon Cartoon's offices there are posters of Roger appearing with Baby Hermann in some WWII era movies...like "Herman's Sherman", with the little baby driving a tank and Roger dressed up as Hitler running away.

It's a shame that Roger Rabbit never got his own Maroon Cartoon studios at DHS. He really should be the mascot of that park.

dreamscometrue

Just got back 30 min. ago and heres a quick update:

• Some details on the roof of the GF DVC are starting to show
  • Some Roger Rabbit merchandise has shown up in the Emporium
  • Tomorrowland walkway is now complete and added a smoking section
  • Show building behind Bonjour gifts is behind tarps to be hidden from guest view
  • They've opened up some more of the bridge around New Fantasyland ( I believe this was done to help with press flow on the 6th )
  • Tarps look to be coming down on Columbia Harbor House ( they've redone the roof and will have to now start on the roof above the walkway as its faded and not the same color )
  • Rapunzels bathroom work continues and noticed some more of the buildings painted
  • They've added a shooting gun effect to Haunted Mansion in the ballroom when the portraits come alive
I believe that we should be seeing the portion of the HM / Rapunzel walkway opening soon. It looks like they have been laying down the cement and seeing as they are starting to remove some of the tarps on CHH I think they will push the walls back to open it up while they work on the rest of the CHH facade / roof.

For the pics, visit my twitpic: http://twitpic.com/photos/djkidkaz

Thanks.Always appreciate your updates.:)

articos

I believe people have saying that for, um, I don't know, the PAST 20 YEARS!!!
I doubt we will see a Roger Rabbit sequel. That's been talked about forever.

Though it would probably be easier than ever to make one.

The idea I heard back when the first movie came out was to actually do a prequel...and show Roger and the other toons working for the US military in WWII against the Germans. Remember that most if not all the cartoon characters were used in propaganda films during the war..."drafted" into service alongside real people. So the idea for this "prequel" was to show that. The events of that movie would have happened before the Who Frame Roger Rabbit. If you look closely in Maroon Cartoon's offices there are posters of Roger appearing with Baby Hermann in some WWII era movies...like "Herman's Sherman", with the little baby driving a tank and Roger dressed up as Hitler running away.

It's a shame that Roger Rabbit never got his own Maroon Cartoon studios at DHS. He really should be the mascot of that park.
There is a finished script awaiting approval from the studio at Disney, with Zemeckis ready to go into prep on it as soon as it gets a greenlight. (If Bob directs, it will most certainly get a theatrical release.) That could take a while, or never, but with the 25th anniversary, the property will get some good publicity and sometimes that's all it takes to jump-start something. It has as good a chance as it ever has over the next 2 years.

SirLink

There is a finished script awaiting approval from the studio at Disney, with Zemeckis ready to go into prep on it as soon as it gets a greenlight. (If Bob directs, it will most certainly get a theatrical release.) That could take a while, or never, but with the 25th anniversary, the property will get some good publicity and sometimes that's all it takes to jump-start something. It has as good a chance as it ever has over the next 2 years.

I doubt it will, though, because of the very fact that Bob Hoskins the actor which made Roger Rabbit an excellent film - has retired from acting because of his diagnosed with Parkinson's disease.

If they made a sequel minus Hoskin's, it would kinda be sad...they should let it be. Create attractions if they want to the extend the brand of the IP, create books, etc.

They should be working on new IP...

articos

I doubt it will, though, because of the very fact that Bob Hoskins the actor which made Roger Rabbit an excellent film - has retired from acting because of his diagnosed with Parkinson's disease.

If they made a sequel minus Hoskin's, it would kinda be sad...they should let it be. Create attractions if they want to the extend the brand of the IP, create books, etc.

They should be working on new IP...
I can't say for sure, but if it went forward, and Bob was still able to, I'm sure he would try to appear in some way in any RR sequel. It depends on how bad his disease has progressed at that point. The assumption is he would not be able to, so the script is written without his participation. Once the film is greenlit, they can adapt to include him if he's able. This is all just conjecture, though, at this point. I agree that the company should be concentrating on new IP, but that's a big - read: expensive - gamble, which is why we see so much based on existing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom