MK Rumors

wanabeimagineer

Wow, maybe by saying that its re-opening they mean that the area is being re-opened, with a new attraction like Fire Mountain? because I know they would not reopen 20K.

DisneyWorldGuru

Originally posted by wanabeimagineer
Wow, maybe by saying that its re-opening they mean that the area is being re-opened, with a new attraction like Fire Mountain? because I know they would not reopen 20K.

All the person on the phone said was that 20k LUTS would re-open in 2004 and Horizons would re-open in 2003 but I think that will be pushed back due to Mission Space

But I am so happy that the closing of COP is only Seasonal.

wanabeimagineer

Haha ya, well that kinda fits with my theory I said before, because the Horizons area (well where it used to be) is reopening in 2003 with a new attraction, Mission-Space. So could that person be hinting FM to open in 2004?

DisneyWorldGuru

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
Hopefully something will happen there, it is a big plot of land that they can do a lot with.

There is a ton of things they could do with it. If you ever were on the Sky Way you could see that they had enough room on the old site old 20k LUTS site for a rollercoaster like FM. Also I do think that the person I talked to might have been hinting that a new ride(FM) was going in 20K LUTS.

CrashNet

I agree

I agree. That is a lot of land that is just waisted if they leave it sitting there. I am sure they are coming up with something. Perhaps FIRE MOUNTAIN, finally?

dltikicm

FYI-
Disney is already installing Bumber cars in the new Flik's Fun Faire at California Adventure... They are being themed to Tuck and Roll from A Bug's Life.

DisneyWorldGuru

Originally posted by dltikicm
FYI-
Disney is already installing Bumber cars in the new Flik's Fun Faire at California Adventure... They are being themed to Tuck and Roll from A Bug's Life.

They can get away with Bumper Cars in CA because it is theamed like an amusment park. If this was done at the MK it would look bad.(some say they will do this at WDW) It is a bad idea for WDW.

Luau Cove

There is a very important fact nobody noticed, which can be a HALT sign for this Bumper Cars, and this is Tomorrowland Indy Speedway. With a car ride already in MK and specially in Tomorrowland I'm sure there won't be another CAR-themed ride in the same park & even less on the same land. I know Disney is quite strict with that...
-->LUAU

NowInc

Originally posted by Luau Cove
There is a very important fact nobody noticed, which can be a HALT sign for this Bumper Cars, and this is Tomorrowland Indy Speedway. With a car ride already in MK and specially in Tomorrowland I'm sure there won't be another CAR-themed ride in the same park & even less on the same land. I know Disney is quite strict with that...
-->LUAU

Bumper "cars" is a loose term...they could easily make it space ships or something else....

Luau Cove

Do you really think Disney will spoil their theme-park style making an amusement park ride? I think they won't waste the money in that.
-->LUAU

Terp02

As for the bumper cars thing, I remember reading on another post, I believe, that they're talking about redoing the Flying Saucer thing with a Buzz Lightyear tie-in, but that's highly unlikely with the other Buzz ride right there. What's NOT unlikely is that they do eventually do that flying saucer bumper ride based on the new movie Lilo and Stitch which is about a little blue alien dude (the movie looks interesting). So don't count out the flying saucer ride being out.

As for Fire Mountain, that would be awesome. MK needs another E-ride to siphon out the crowds at the other 3 Mountains. And I agree with whoever said (i'm sorry I forgot who made this point :veryconfu ) this, but if they said Horizons was going to be back up in 2003, then they obviously mean the building will be back up and running not the ride, which would also mean something was going to happen at the Lagoon.

One last thing: Does anyone know if they're gonna revamp Living Seas? I'll make this a new thread so I won't confuse people

-Josh

frazierle

I just got back this morning from WDW and the FedEx signs were still up (as of Friday night). We passed through Space Mountain on TTA and if memory serves correctly they still mention FedEx on the ride.

DisneyWorldGuru

Originally posted by Luau Cove
Do you really think Disney will spoil their theme-park style making an amusement park ride? I think they won't waste the money in that.
-->LUAU

I'm not saying the would build it. I ment they would be stupid to build it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom