MK Rumors

bossmsx

What about Easter?

Hmm....COP opening for the last time this weekend.....I seem to have read here that an official at WDW had actually confirmed COP would be open on Easter? Whatever happened to that bit of news?

Optimistically yours:

-bossmsx:confused:

Pioneer Hall

Don't expect this to happen. The reason they are putting bumoer cars in DCA is so they can appeal to little kids. They don't have to worry about that in the Magic Kingdom.

Luau Cove

So what's next ? Disney's Park themed as an Amusement Park , with clowns, balloons, cotton candy and the mirror house...yeek.
-->LUAU :hammer:

Al

Originally posted by Luau Cove
So what's next ? Disney's Park themed as an Amusement Park , with clowns, balloons, cotton candy and the mirror house...yeek.
-->LUAU :hammer:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Grim Grinner

I really hope that Disney decides not to install a Bumper Car set-up anywhere inside its parks. There are many reasons not to. The legalities and potential for injury are well beyond the reasonable scope for a Disney ride. Theming would be difficult to pull off right.

It's not Disney-like at all. It's not a unique experience. Even Buzz Lightyear was original in theme... Although Universal has a similar MIB ride.

If Disney wants to provide cheap & easy rides like these, let them create the Thrilling Kingdom. Otherwise they should not tamper with the formula that has made the company what it is today.

CrashNet

Flying Saucers

This is a true rumor. The flying saucers not doing well is also true. However, the imagineers at Disney have redesigned the ride using new technology that will make them more reliable and, to their wishes, more fun. If they do go through with the plans for the flying saucers, it will replace the CoP.

DisneyWorldGuru

One of my fav. rides is the COP I would be very angry if they closed it. It would would be like taking out "Its a Small World".
When I last went to WDW they said Timekeeper would be closed for good but it was still up and running. Just after I got back it was closed. (I guess Robin Williams was mad) But taking out COP would be horrible.

Also when I called Disney they told me that 20,000 Leages was going to re-open in 2004.

If someone from Disney is listening: DONT CLOSE COP!!!

:hammer: If they closed it they would be hitting them self for sure:brick:

dwldzm9

well,

On the FedEx rumor,

somehow this just seems funny to me because there is a FedEx high-up on Disney's Board of Directors (see stockholder report for those that have them)

Her name is Judith Estrin? I think.

Oh well, her being on the board might also be inconsequential, and they might be pulling out... If they do I hope the new sponsor (if they HAVE to have one) pours in some cash - I could dig a DLP style Space Mountain!

General Grizz

Don't Close:

CoP
Original Tiki Room
It's a Small World
Haunted Mansion
Country Bear Jamboree
Pirates of the C.

These are the true classics of WDW - created by the original imagineers, having historical significance, still entertaining, AND make up what we remember Disney of.

wanabeimagineer

Originally posted by DisneyWorldGuru
One of my fav. rides is the COP I would be very angry if they closed it. It would would be like taking out "Its a Small World".
When I last went to WDW they said Timekeeper would be closed for good but it was still up and running. Just after I got back it was closed. (I guess Robin Williams was mad) But taking out COP would be horrible.

Also when I called Disney they told me that 20,000 Leages was going to re-open in 2004.

If someone from Disney is listening: DONT CLOSE COP!!!

:hammer: If they closed it they would be hitting them self for sure:brick:

I very seriously doubt 20K LUTS is gonna re-open, the props and everything were already removed and there's just no way they would re-open it. A Disney employee told you this???

DisneyWorldGuru

Reply to:
I very seriously doubt 20K LUTS is gonna re-open, the props and everything were already removed and there's just no way they would re-open it. A Disney employee told you this???

CoP
Original Tiki Room
It's a Small World
Haunted Mansion
Country Bear Jamboree
Pirates of the C.

These are the true classics of WDW - created by the original imagineers, having historical significance, still entertaining, AND make up what we remember Disney of.
I just talked to a friend at Disney World and found out that the Closing of COP is only seasonal. It is not closed for good. It will re-open for the Summer season. Dont worry it is not closing for good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom