MK Rumors

MobileBadBoy

Account Suspended
Original Poster
<a href="http://www.screamscape.com" target="_blank">Screamscape</a>

Park News - (2/13/02) Screamscape has heard that the Carousel of Progress and possibly Timekeeper may open once again for the Presidents Day Long Weekend. However, we’ve also heard that this is very likely to be the last time that they reopen these rides, and some kind of replacement may be in the works for one or the other.

Odd Rumors - (2/13/02) A guest to the park last week claims that almost all references to FedEx have been removed from Space Mountain. Can anyone else confirm this?

200? - Rumor - (2/13/02) I actually have no clue about the timeline for this, but I’ve heard a couple of people mention that some kind of futuristic “bumper car” project is moving through the development channels for either the Carousel of Progress or Timekeeper attraction areas. With a bumper car project themed to the Bugs Life film going into DCA this fall, it is possible to add one to WDW as well.

Pioneer Hall

They better be some of the greatest themed Bumper Cars. With more than drive in a circle and hit people. They better have story and everything. Truthfully though I don't see this happening because of the Speedway in tomorrowland. They also really don't fit in with the theme well at all.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by grizzlyhall
I will check up on FedEx next time I go.

If Disney replaces COP with "bumper cars"...oh, boy. That's suicide.

Hmmm... I guess they will be sticking with the carny themed rides....bumper cars eh? Though...when I was joking, in other primevial whirl threads, I said they would stick them in Test Track's place...ah...I was close;)

DMC-12

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
I am impartial...do to Test Track whatever they want... ;)

But geez...bumper cars is SO undisneyesque...

For the first part...yes, I know what you think about test track...LOL;)

And 2nd Bumper Cars...Yikes! I hope this is just a BS rumor.

MobileBadBoy

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Dont shoot the messenger. :)

Just passing on what I read. And I've heard about FedEx backing out for a while now, and that UPS may be waiting to step in. Heard this back in January. *shrug*

It's all rumors until something happens. That's why I said MK Rumors and not MK News. ;)

Pioneer Hall

Not shooting you for putting up the message, but whoever originally said this had to have made this up from the top of their head. Disney would never stoop to Bumper Cars unless they were so absolutely desperate.

DMC-12

Originally posted by MobileBadBoy
Dont shoot the messenger. :)

Just passing on what I read. And I've heard about FedEx backing out for a while now, and that UPS may be waiting to step in. Heard this back in January. *shrug*

It's all rumors until something happens. That's why I said MK Rumors and not MK News. ;)

No MBB...not lashing out or shooting anyone here:)

It just makes my blood boil whenever I hear/read something about a lame ...no thinking/brainstorming required, throw it together, cheap ride going up somewhere in WDW...thats all.

Pioneer Hall

Disney should start to learn that when you do something right the first time you don't have to correct it later on. **Thinking about Jouney Into Your Imagination now**

General Grizz

The Orlando Sentinel stated a few years ago that Disney was designing a "Flying Saucers" attraction similar to that of Disneyland's to replace COP. It's not out of the question. :(

Pioneer Hall

That would stink!! Since the Flying Suacers didn't do too well in Disneyland way back when then I think it wouldn't work today. Let's just hope that Disney gets a change of heart and puts CoP back in operation. That ride has so much value to some people.

Lance

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
Don't expect there to ever be bumper cars. Who ever started this rumor must have been dreaming.

I don't think so, if you read above it said, their are bumper cars themed to a Bug's Life going into DCA this fall, so if they do good, expect them in another park.

I agree it would totally suck if Tomorrowland got bumper cars.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom