MK monorails lead to less frequent visits.

Disney Dawg88

I used to have that attitude about visiting MK after one and one half years of being a passholder, but about a decade of being a passholder, the monorail, bus, and ferry transportation just got old I guess.

It's really just me being jaded by going to the parks so often, and this is not likely to affect people that have not got a chance to go to the parks as often as I do. Dont get me wrong, I still love the MK, but as with most things the law of diminishing returns seems to apply too Disney Parks as well.

You know you just brought up an point that really struck a nerve with me . . . I'm starting to feel the same way, but not necessarily about the transportation issue. The couple of lines that you wrote above really got me thinking about my recent visits to WDW the past couple of months, I'm just not as excited as I was when I first became a passholder. Sure I love going still but I find myself just walking around the parks now and not really caring or wanting to go on the rides sometimes, especially if there's more than a 20 minute wait. My main goal is just to walk around so I don't sit in the hotel room after a day of work in the Orlando area. I'm sure I'm going to get killed for this, but is there such a thing as annual passholder burnout?

MissM

Trying to get back to your car from MK at the end of the night is just ANNOYING. Yes it's nice that Mk doesn't have a busy street or an IHOP visible from Adventureland or whatever, but ugh...there really needs to be a better way.

The monorail and ferry boats can only do so much for the sheer mass of humanity all trying to get back to the TTC at the same time. And despite the fact people keep mentioning buses, they don't run buses from MK to TTC on normal nights. Things like New Year's Eve, yes. Your average day? Nope.

There really needs to be a better solution for handling that large of a group of people all at once. As it is right now it's just brutal and annoying and when you're tired and still facing an hour drive home (for me), the last thing you want to do is deal with an hour or more trying to make it to your car. :mad:

Jakester

Ive found it that leaving RIGHT after the evenings fireworks in Magic Kingdom are a hassel so i avoid Magic Kingdom those days. I typically vist Magic Kingdom when it closes at 12am - 1am and stay until closing, then getting out isnt so bad cuz its basically walk onto the monorail and tram

Oddysey

Original Poster
Nope, the only thing that sends us home are annoyingly large crowds.

I've never had any Disney transportation deteriorate my experience. But, this is also coming from someone who will walk to the car from the tram instead of riding it, if the line is too long.

So do I because I figure I could use the excercise, and I would much rather walk than wait. In fact, I hate waiting for the monorail so badly that on one ocassion my wife and I walked around the 7 seas lagoon all the way to the MK parking lot. It was only on one occasion because after doing it once, we realized it really was not a good alternative. :lol:

Oddysey

Original Poster
You know you just brought up an point that really struck a nerve with me . . . I'm starting to feel the same way, but not necessarily about the transportation issue. The couple of lines that you wrote above really got me thinking about my recent visits to WDW the past couple of months, I'm just not as excited as I was when I first became a passholder. Sure I love going still but I find myself just walking around the parks now and not really caring or wanting to go on the rides sometimes, especially if there's more than a 20 minute wait. My main goal is just to walk around so I don't sit in the hotel room after a day of work in the Orlando area. I'm sure I'm going to get killed for this, but is there such a thing as annual passholder burnout?

Yes, there is an element of burnout that occurs over a period of time. When I first got a pass I would wait in line for long periods for the rides I enjoyed, but now I literally will not wait 10 minutes for any ride. Even when I know rides are walk-ons I may skip them because I have no desire to ride them at that moment.

All being said, I still love going to the parks. Sure, we may not stay as long as we used to and sometimes we may go to Disney for a few hours, but we have replaced rides with other things. We sometimes go just to walk around the showcase a few times, or sit in the rocking chairs on TSI at MK. Sometimes we go just to grab a dole whip and people watch while we eat. Overall, the things that we get burnt out on usually get replaced by something else so we still enjoy ourselves when we go to the parks.

Sorry for the double post

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I never leave right after the fireworks if I can avoid it...however here's a note on one thing you can do...

While the masses of humanity take the direct to the TTC monorail, usually there's about 1/5 of the people using the resort monorail...take that and all you have to do it take a quick stop at the Contemporary before arriving at the TTC.

Oddysey

Original Poster
I never leave right after the fireworks if I can avoid it...however here's a note on one thing you can do...

While the masses of humanity take the direct to the TTC monorail, usually there's about 1/5 of the people using the resort monorail...take that and all you have to do it take a quick stop at the Contemporary before arriving at the TTC.

Thanks for the tip. I have been doing that for years. While it does save a little time there are less monorails on the resort transportation line, and I have noticed that the overcrowded wait for the direct to TTC monorail is similar because the actual line moves much faster than the less crowded resort monorail line.

Disney Dawg88

Yes, there is an element of burnout that occurs over a period of time. When I first got a pass I would wait in line for long periods for the rides I enjoyed, but now I literally will not wait 10 minutes for any ride. Even when I know rides are walk-ons I may skip them because I have no desire to ride them at that moment.

All being said, I still love going to the parks. Sure, we may not stay as long as we used to and sometimes we may go to Disney for a few hours, but we have replaced rides with other things. We sometimes go just to walk around the showcase a few times, or sit in the rocking chairs on TSI at MK. Sometimes we go just to grab a dole whip and people watch while we eat. Overall, the things that we get burnt out on usually get replaced by something else so we still enjoy ourselves when we go to the parks.

You must be reading my mind, I feel the exact same way. I'll be down there in two weeks and will let you know how it goes.

the-reason14

I can understand where you're coming from. And it makes sense if you're a local ap holder. But why not take a bus from Epcot to the Contemporary and walk from there to the MK? I guess it'll still be difficult to get back since Epcot closes earlier, and it still is a hassle and honestly may not be any quicker, but that's what I've started to do recently.

...what about parking at MK in the morning then taking the monorail from TTC to Epcot for your day there, then after Epcot closes your car is already at MK all you have to do is monorail back and head into the park and don't have to deal with going to your car at Epcot, driving over, parking, ferry/monorail.

My thoughts exactly.

Leaving MK at night when it's crowded is no easy feat, no matter what mode of transportation you take. I certainly feel you on the pain that is getting in and out of MK. On the one hand, not having the parking lot right next to the park really enhances the beauty but at the same time, convenience goes out the door.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Thanks for the tip. I have been doing that for years. While it does save a little time there are less monorails on the resort transportation line, and I have noticed that the overcrowded wait for the direct to TTC monorail is similar because the actual line moves much faster than the less crowded resort monorail line.

Well, as always, YMMV :)

mrerk

Premium Member
So do I because I figure I could use the excercise, and I would much rather walk than wait. In fact, I hate waiting for the monorail so badly that on one ocassion my wife and I walked around the 7 seas lagoon all the way to the MK parking lot. It was only on one occasion because after doing it once, we realized it really was not a good alternative. :lol:

A couple of times we've walked to the Contemporary, wait for the CR guests to get off the monorail and then get on there.

Monorail Lime

The lack of sidewalk in the water bridge tunnel can be a little scary. :lookaroun Otherwise the walk isn't so bad.

alyaba

I feel the same way, and the funny thing is me and my wife pretty much have the exact same conversation lol, getting there isn't to bad its getting back to your car thats such a pain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom