MK Expansion

WDW-Imagineer

Batwing - Six Flags America

X Flight - Six Flags Worlds of Adventure

That all I know of right now, I'm sure there is more.

One more thing, another name for these coasters is Vekoma style coaster (Vekoma International is the company that builds these beasts).

wdwmaniac

I think that if Disney does not add some coasters and other E-ticket rides it will loss the interest of the teens and young adults. Most Kids look for the coasters first and Disney does not have many of them. You don't have to make a whole park but it would be nice to add some record breaking coasters to the parks. It also would put competition on the other Coasters around Orlando and the rest of the world. Think about how many people would want to come to Disney if they had a few of the fastest or tallest coasters and stills has all its other rides. Disney could attract anyone.

WDW-Imagineer

Disney may lose teenagers and young adults, but they get them back when they start a family and bring their children their. So in the end, Disney gets everybody.

MrPromey

The problem with "record breaking" coasters is that they are very hard to theme and nearly impossible to hide. Such a coaster present in any of the four parks would completely destroy the theming of everything around then if not everything in the park. Take IOA or BGT as perfect examples. Ironically, it would be cheaper for Disney to do something like this. They could build a few steel beasts for the cost of Mission Space alone.

Sire_Bobbie

To me Disney is more about atmosphere than thrill rides. Saying that, you cannot get away from the fact that you need thrill rides to pull in the cash-rich public, i.e: teenagers and young adults. Therefore the ideal is to have a theme park with 2 or 3 thrill rides and then concentrate on providing the famous Disney atmosphere. Multiply this in 3 or 4 parks and voila, 12 thrill rides and one hopper pass equals a whole lotta fun.

:D

Disney Fan

I totally agree with you, Sire Bobby. I like the atmosphere of Disney and too many coasters does not make for the best atmosphere. Like you said, I think that Disney needs to keep a few at their 4 parks to keep the youngsters happy, but Disney's best feature is that you can be of any age and have a wonderful time there. If you are a thrill ride junkie, you might better spend your money at some of the parks around the country that specialize in thrill rides. There are plenty of those out there, but only one WDW!:cool:

Herbie53

Premium Member
I think Disney has a good balance of different ride types. I think it would be a mistake to lean too heavily in any one direction. You can't please everybody, but diversity is the best way to please the most. I would not be opposed to a new land in the Magic Kingdom. MK is not meant to be static. It should get new rides and new areas. A thrill ride section would be a crime though. Any addition to the park should be a well balanced, well themed area. Personally I like the idea of having the 20k lagoon open up into a villians themed land, complete with a new mountain.

JAY-ROD

whre in MK can they expand to make a new land?

Originally posted by Herbie53 \\\

I think Disney has a good balance of different ride types. I think it would be a mistake to lean too heavily in any one direction. You can't please everybody, but diversity is the best way to please the most. I would not be opposed to a new land in the Magic Kingdom. MK is not meant to be static. It should get new rides and new areas. A thrill ride section would be a crime though. Any addition to the park should be a well balanced, well themed area. Personally I like the idea of having the 20k lagoon open up into a villians themed land, complete with a new mountain.

jay_london

Hmm well I think we clearly have two schools of thought here some would like the MK as it is with just a little tweaking here and there and some want it transformed beyond recognition into a busch gardens-yuk

jay

markymark

I don't think anyone in their right mind would want MK turning into BG, and for all their faults I dont believe that WDW management would be so foolish. Yes perhaps one e-ride where 20K was, if no, then no problems.

I am sure ultimately wdw will have an IOA-type park, where coaster fanatics can flock to ride all manner of coasters and the like. And whilst there is a constant changing to wdw I am sure that none of the parks will ever outgrow what they originally set out to be.

EC is still what it always was, yes, with some changes but I dont think Walt would have sat back and settled for what he had, I am sure he would have strived to change and enhance all areas of wdw.

Goofster

Well I dunno, I'm not sure.
I think MGM could use an expansion and so could AK, while MK probably doesn't need one that badly, but do we really have to pick one park?
Disney is constantly adding attractions to each of their parks, and one large one in one park doesn't slow down other additions to other parks, within reason.
Mission: Space, Millionare, Aladdin, Dino-Rama, were all under construction at the same time.
I'm not sure that any of the parks, beside AK need a new land. MK would be great with the addition of a cutting edge Atlantis coaster, probably in Fantasyland,(see imagineering) and a few rehabs.
The Studios could use a huge attraction over by the Toy Story stuff.
AK could use Beastly Kingdom, so I'm sorry Jay, my train of thought has changed, I'd rather see a new land in AK than MK,
but one ride in MK that crosses the train tracks wouldn't hurt, and a great ride in the Studios would help. Hopefully these are the next projects the imagineers are working on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom