MK busses are live with new system

nelsonj3

I think the comment was more in reference to the fact that the system is being brought online a little at a time. As the first poster said, they're adding about one park per week, and that Downtown Disney, Fort Wilderness (I assume they're referring to the internal shuttles and their park buses) and the Magic Kingdom are online now. Animal Kingdom and Studios will be the last to be implemented. (There's no mention about Epcot. Perhaps it's grouped in with another bus "hub"?)

So, anyone visiting over the next few weeks is almost guaranteed to only see some buses with the Magic in Motion system up and running. (I also read on another forum that they *are* still working out a couple glitches. One bus driver commented on not being able to get his system to erase an incorrect route and input a new one, which resulted in him picking up passengers for one resort, while his marquee said something else, all the while assuring the passengers that yes, he was going where they needed to go despite the sign)

-Rob

I think I read a couple weeks ago that the Epcot system was the first to be implemented. Also, someone posted a brief recording of the Epcot system on mousebits.

dxwwf3

After hearing this on Inside the Magic, I must say I am COMPLETELY surprised by the results. At least from what I heard there, this turned out much better than I expected. As long as the drivers have the ability to override the spiel for those that are very entertaining in their own right, I think there is no downside to this whatsoever. Excellent idea and excellent job Disney.

soin2disney

May sound stupid...but

Hi this may seem like a stupid question but what do you mean by the buses going LIVE???I am a little confused...Thans Tina

DiPSU224

For the week of May 16th-24th we heard the new system on the Epcot and MK buses. I loved it! I loved hearing background music in the mornings on the way to the parks. A lot of the buses we were on looked like they had the new audio set up with a little computer-type device at the drivers seat but they're weren't always used. I wasn't sure if they just weren't hooked up yet or the bus driver didn't know how to use it. We did see a driver being trained to use it on a ride back from the MK to Pop.

biergarten

several of the drivers at fort wilderness kept getting out of the buses to see what the led display read from the outside. when we asked them about it, they said it was the first time driver the bus with the new system and they wanted to see what it looked like from the outside. nothing different really...except for the music inside...

maelstrom

I was in WDW May 17-28th and I heard the new system on buses to MK, Epcot, AKL, POFQ/POR, DTD (awful), and possibly AK (may just be confusing with AKL). Some of the music choices are just awful (DTD bus) and sometimes the volume is too low and you just hear odd parts of the music (happened a lot on the AKL bus). I really like the music on the Epcot bus. The POFQ/POR music sounded more like the bayou crickets at the beginning of DL's POTC. It's nice to have the date and time at the front of the bus. But the announcements get annoying after awhile, that voice. I'd like to see more informative announcements, though, if they insist on doing them, like park hours, EMH info, and return bus stop numbers.

Fantasia freak

Original Poster
Hi this may seem like a stupid question but what do you mean by the buses going LIVE???I am a little confused...Thans Tina

it's our terminology. Live, means the system is turned on and functional on the bus. MK is live means all busses allocated to MK for that day are "Live" busses. Where as the ones for studios and AK, are "dead" (system off and not running)

joyDisney

I don't understand this whole 'live thing'. Are you saying that I can watch/listen to 'live' things going on at the parks. What do you mean 'online' - a bus 'online'? I'm confused sorry. If you don't feel like explaining please post a link and I'll read it. Thanks in advance,

Laura

Premium Member
"Live" means the system is online and and in use :)

It means that the system is working now.:wave:

it's our terminology. Live, means the system is turned on and functional on the bus. MK is live means all busses allocated to MK for that day are "Live" busses. Where as the ones for studios and AK, are "dead" (system off and not running)

Just in case it wasn't asked and answered at least 3 times already,
WHAT DOES LIVE MEAN?????

:lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun

CBOMB

Does that mean Regis and Kelly will be coming in on a live feed from their studios to all WDW buses now? I think I'll start taking a taxi!:ROFLOL:

imagineer99

I just finished Ricky's podcast this week...and sure enough he played some of the audio from the bus rides.

Really cool stuff. I think this is a great little edition to walt disney world.

nibblesandbits

I don't understand this whole 'live thing'. Are you saying that I can watch/listen to 'live' things going on at the parks. What do you mean 'online' - a bus 'online'? I'm confused sorry. If you don't feel like explaining please post a link and I'll read it. Thanks in advance,
see the post above yours...it gives you your answer. :wave:

"Live" in this case means that those busses are up and running and have the music playing in them...as opposed to not being live...meaning they do not have the music playing in them.

On line means that the busses are being used in service. Essentially.

Fantasia freak

Original Poster
"Live" in this case means that those busses are up and running and have the music playing in them...as opposed to not being live...meaning they do not have the music playing in them.

By the end of this week all the buses will be "live" Disney MGM Studios goes live today and Disney's Animal Kingdom goes live friday. It is in the contract that disney has with Clever Devices that the system has to be up and working in someway at all 5 hubs by June 1st. This is Phase 1 of the roll out. The last Phase will be in October as long as everything goes as planned.
There are some issues with the system and Clever Devices is working everyday to get them takin care of. If the Marquee is wrong on the bus just ask the driver nicely were they are going. There have been some guests that have been very rude. Some of the drivers are learning faster than others so please be nice to them this is a big step for a lot of them.

Enjoy Magic In Motion. If you like it great, let the resort know that you like the new system. Its only going to get better come October.

:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom