MK & AK was a MESS 11/20

disney4life2008

one word... TERRIBLE!!!!

Waits at AK topped 40 minutes and waits at MK this evening topped 60 or more minutes. The holiday crowds have arrived.

Another note: I have tried my best to like MSEP - I HATE IT!!! Disney - get rid of this parade ASAP!!!! It does not fit well with WISHES! It is boring!! Bring back Spectromagic and send MSEP elsewhere.

Disney Dawg88

one word... TERRIBLE!!!!

Waits at AK topped 40 minutes and waits at MK this evening topped 60 or more minutes. The holiday crowds have arrived.

Another note: I have tried my best to like MSEP - I HATE IT!!! Disney - get rid of this parade ASAP!!!! It does not fit well with WISHES! It is boring!! Bring back Spectromagic and send MSEP elsewhere.

Fantastic :brick:. I'm flying down this afternoon (11/21) as I have to work in Orlando for the next couple of days. I was planning on spending the evenings walking around the parks as I've never been to WDW during the holidays, but I guess I'm about to see what I've heard and read about.

Upvote 0

Space Mountain

one word... TERRIBLE!!!!

You went on a Saturday....
-Every Saturday has been jammed this month
-Kids are out of school for the weekend
-The weather has been very nice
-Limited offering to see Wishes due to MVMCP

Go on a weekday without a party and you will change your opinion of the crowds.

(Well, besides Thanksgiving week, of course)

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

Original Poster
You went on a Saturday....
-Every Saturday has been jammed this month
-Kids are out of school for the weekend
-The weather has been very nice
-Limited offering to see Wishes due to MVMCP

Go on a weekday without a party and you will change your opinion of the crowds.

(Well, besides Thanksgiving week, of course)

Been here since last week, my evaluation remains the same.

Upvote 0

disney1983

Hate to gloat - we just got back from an 11-11 thru 11-19 vacation :) There is indeed a reason that I picked those dates... the parks were pretty empty except for the weekend :).

We were there 11/11-11/18 and the crowds were light except for Saturday. We walked on most attractions and were allowed to stay on some in the evening during the parade.

Upvote 0

pax_65

I was in the Magic Kingdom on Thanksgiving once a few years ago. It was an experience I will never forget. The park was so crowded that my wife and I just sat down on a bench and watched the humanity. It was the most crowded I had ever seen a Disney park. We didn't attempt to do any attractions. We were just happy we had the bench! lol. Fortunately, we were staying through the following week... by the Sunday after Thanksgiving we noticed a significant drop in the crowds.

Upvote 0

MaryJaneP

one word... TERRIBLE!!!!

Agree! Seen both, Spectro>>>MSEP.

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

is it strange that 40 min waits don't seem all that bad to me? I've ALWAYS been at Disney in late May / Summer so I guess I've never experienced a slow Disney.

Upvote 0

pax_65

is it strange that 40 min waits don't seem all that bad to me? I've ALWAYS been at Disney in late May / Summer so I guess I've never experienced a slow Disney.

I'd wait 40min for Splash Mountain, Tower of Terror or Toy Story Mania, but that's about it.

Even on a slow day I'm amazed how long the waits can be in Fantasyland. You can easily wait 45 minutes for Peter Pan. I actually really like this ride, but I've ridden it too many times to wait that long for it!

Is late May that busy? I thought most schools didn't let out until June. We usually go in early May when the lines aren't too bad.

Upvote 0

irmonkey

We were there from 11/14 to 11/19 and the crowds were extremely light. Though we couldn't go on a few rides due to my wife being pregnant.

We had an ADR for lunch at Teppan Edo on 11/14 and once we got there I remembered that it was the final day for the Food and Wine festival. You could barely move in world showcase and when there was a little gap somebody would drunkenly stagger in front of you and then just come to a dead stop. :brick: After we finished lunch we shot over to MK and enjoyed how empty it was.

We missed the parade on Sunday because we didn't realize the time and we went on HM. That was the only time I have ever been in the stretching room by myself. :)

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

I'd wait 40min for Splash Mountain, Tower of Terror or Toy Story Mania, but that's about it.

Even on a slow day I'm amazed how long the waits can be in Fantasyland. You can easily wait 45 minutes for Peter Pan. I actually really like this ride, but I've ridden it too many times to wait that long for it!

Is late May that busy? I thought most schools didn't let out until June. We usually go in early May when the lines aren't too bad.

I did as well... I was down this past May and after talking with families in the cues I found out that southern states get out mid to late May. Up here in MA kids arent even out by mid June!

Upvote 0
Wait times don't sound bad to me - we've been in summer for the past two years, so that's nothing compared to the 90 minute waits :) That's why I love Fast Pass, and why I will never wait more than 40 minutes for a ride.

On another note, COULDN'T AGREE WITH YOU MORE. Get rid of MSEP. Everyone on these boards kept insisting I would love it - and for the very first time seeing it, it's....cute. Sweet little parade. But I certainly didn't cry, and the darn music is THE SAME all the way through. People kept trying to tell me how many Disney songs are "incorporated" into the main theme....which is not true. I heard no Disney songs, except faintly as the floats were directly in front of me. Usually I watch Spectro 4 or 5 times per trip. I saw MSEP once, and that was enough for me. I don't HATE the parade. I just dislike it. Bring back Spectro so I can cry.

Upvote 0

fngoofy

Same here, we are usually there in early May. I can remember 7 - 10 years ago early May was a ghost town. No need for FP, most waits 15 mins. Now it is busier but not like holiday or summer.

I also agree on Peter Pan, that is the Bataan death march of lines, just when you think it isn't that bad, you dog leg towards Liberty Square and just think shoot me now. I wish they would enclose the openings in that line with doors to keep the AC in, that would make it more pleasant.

Upvote 0

IRBIWDW

I was in the Magic Kingdom on Thanksgiving once a few years ago. It was an experience I will never forget. The park was so crowded that my wife and I just sat down on a bench and watched the humanity. It was the most crowded I had ever seen a Disney park. We didn't attempt to do any attractions. We were just happy we had the bench! lol. Fortunately, we were staying through the following week... by the Sunday after Thanksgiving we noticed a significant drop in the crowds.

I love doing that. At times, it can be more entertaining than the attractions. :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom