MK 24 hour party 2015 - Coolest Summer Ever

The Magical Genie 123

This is just flat out embarrassing. I see no reason why people would waste their money to go to this, but they will. This is just one big mash up of Frozen, Disney Channel, and Dance Parties everywhere you go and I dislike all three of those things. There aren't even going to be rare characters available to meet like last year. Thank goodness I'm not going to this or I would be massively disappointed:grumpy:

asianway

Hate to say it, but they are not really trying anymore are they.
Last years was a lot more robust, definitely a slide. And I'm sure Disney Channel is covering the cost of all the talent. The preparade sounds like a dress rehearsal for DHS. Yawn

PaulaT

So, we are planning on doing this, just made the decision a couple days ago, surprising my 11 year old with this (and her older sister who is almost 13) the only reason we decided to go is so that they have a chance to see their favorite stars in person. Even being able to see them in a parade would be worth it to see the looks on their faces. Like some one earlier said, it's who Disney is marketing this toward, and they got us.

jrhwdw

:rolleyes:Must we always bash TDO/MK????
You must mean DL as they won't even do Soundsational that day!:rolleyes: Don't get me wrong, the rest of DL60's 24 Schedule is great! Wish they had a Trolley show and CTM like MK has!

Anyone know if the Frozen Pre Parade will be the Royal Welcome or something else? I had a feeling Frozen would open MSEP when Frozen Summer Fun 2015 was announced.

TP2000

24 hour party entertainment schedule just dropped on the blog. Meh

This is just flat out embarrassing. I see no reason why people would waste their money to go to this, but they will.

Last years was a lot more robust, definitely a slide. Yawn

Lame schedule.

In TDO's defense, I think the 24 Hour Party for WDW was an after-thought and way to build off of Disneyland's 24 Hour kickoff of the massive 60th Anniversary Diamond Celebration that also starts that day in Anaheim.

Disneyland will be debuting three (3!) giant new entertainment spectaculars on the 22nd; World of Color - Celebrate the Wonderful World of Walt Disney (certainly a mouthful), Disneyland Forever! fireworks spectacular, and Paint The Night Electrical Parade. Plus opening new versions of re-Imagineered attractions like Matterhorn Bobsleds and Peter Pan's Flight, and all the various 60th décor and menus and merchandise. It's a hugely eventful day for Disneyland Resort.

I think the clueless Disney Parks execs in charge of both coasts just figured they'd piggy back onto the legit celebration in Anaheim, and do a 24 Hour Party themed to Frozen for WDW. Cause, you know, the kids still love Frozen. This wasn't something originally aimed at WDW, but it could be fun and why not do something to kick off the summer on Memorial Day Weekend?

All eyes will be on Anaheim that day, but I don't blame TDO one bit for piggy-backing onto the concept and trying to get some media coverage for an otherwise uneventful summer in Orlando. Frozen! It's still a thing! :D

Last edited:

TTA94

I was wondering as well what the Frozen pre parade will be? Hopefully they put some effort into this at least..

jrhwdw

I said this last year, and I’ll say it again: Hopefully with Audio! Please Disney!?

Wonder if DLR will have Cams? I Hope! I know that someone on here grabbed all of MK’s footage and put on YT. Could that person grab it again this year, and grab DL’s also? I know MSEP was at 11 last year, but it’s more fitting this year. Should be quite a sight seeing MSEP and PTN in the same hour!

Brian Swan

In TDO's defense, I think the 24 Hour Party for WDW was an after-thought and way to build off of Disneyland's 24 Hour kickoff of the massive 60th Anniversary Diamond Celebration that also starts that day in Anaheim.

Disneyland will be debuting three (3!) giant new entertainment spectaculars on the 22nd; World of Color - Celebrate the Wonderful World of Walt Disney (certainly a mouthful), Disneyland Forever! fireworks spectacular, and Paint The Night Electrical Parade. Plus opening new versions of re-Imagineered attractions like Matterhorn Bobsleds and Peter Pan's Flight, and all the various 60th décor and menus and merchandise. It's a hugely eventful day for Disneyland Resort.

I think the clueless Disney Parks execs in charge of both coasts just figured they'd piggy back onto the legit celebration in Anaheim, and do a 24 Hour Party themed to Frozen for WDW. Cause, you know, the kids still love Frozen. This wasn't something originally aimed at WDW, but it could be fun and why not do something to kick off the summer on Memorial Day Weekend?

All eyes will be on Anaheim that day, but I don't blame TDO one bit for piggy-backing onto the concept and trying to get some media coverage for an otherwise uneventful summer in Orlando. Frozen! It's still a thing! :D
Calling it merely "piggybacking" is a bit unfair... this is the 3rd year in a rown that there has been a 24 hour MK day on the Friday of Memorial Day Weekend; I'd call it continuing a new "tradition".

But I completely agree with others; posts about the "content" of this one. I was there for large parts of the 24 hour day last year, and the overall "party" atmosphere was kind of fun - even without doing many of the "special" 24 hour day events. I was considering going again this year, but when I asw it was just going to be a Frozen/DTV mash up, I opted out.

Frozen is still popular; I get it. I have a 3yo Goddaughter who HAS to watch it every.single.day. (For the record, I actually thought it was a pretty good movie - it's just the gross overcommercialization of it that gets me sick). And I suppose that the schlock that infests the Disney Channel is equally popular with a similar demographic. But how much of that demographic will be in the park between midnight and 6 AM? How many of the 15-35 demographic (who appeared to be the majority last year) are going to want to "rock out" to insipid mouse-pop tracks at a "dance party" in the wee hours of the AM? Why not have mini "concerts" instead of dance parites? Why not roll out more adult-themed characters and events for the last 6 hours? Beer carts in the MK after midnight - that would change the dynamic up a bit :) OK, maybe that's going "too far" for the pristine purity of the MK, but you get my drift.

But as long as Disney feels that everything at the MK must be "family entertainment", and defines "family entertainment" as "suitable for a 10 year old", this is what we'll get. World Showcase, here I come...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom