MJ's Family of Friends

Uponastar

May I rant on something?
Although it's not like I'm waiting for an answer...
Anyway.
Somehow on vacation, something came up about school stuff and whatnot between mother and aunt... apparently I've been invited to go on a student exchange program... four times over the last few years... and they never even mentioned it to me.

Wonderful!
Oy.

Oy!
I can't guess your mom's reasons.
But I can understand you being upset about not knowing.
Maybe it was just that she didn't want you to get your hopes up over something that couldn't happen for whatever reason.

Connor002

Oy!
I can't guess your mom's reasons.
But I can understand you being upset about not knowing.
Maybe it was just that she didn't want you to get your hopes up over something that couldn't happen for whatever reason.
I'd still rather know.
Oh well... nothing I can do now...

Nemo14

Original Poster
For what it's worth, both my kids received a lot of so-called offers for exchange programs, to England, Australia, and somewhere in South America - can't remember exactly where,but they were quite pricey and not very reputable. Your parents may also have felt you were too young to do something like that, so they didn't want you to be disappointed. You're so bright and personable, I'm sure you'll get lots more of these offers throughout your education. You'll know the right one when it comes along!

Uponastar

For what it's worth, both my kids received a lot of so-called offers for exchange programs, to England, Australia, and somewhere in South America - can't remember exactly where,but they were quite pricey and not very reputable. Your parents may also have felt you were too young to do something like that, so they didn't want you to be disappointed. You're so bright and peresonable, I'm sure you'll get lots more of these offers throughout your education. You'll know the right one when it comes along!

We got those "offers" to.
Not what they at first seem to be.
Maybe that's what those were, Connor.

Disnut

The Imoms started out this day badly and were, for the most part, cranky.
We wanted a ladies night out. We were thinking of going to EPCOT then DTD for ice cream. *sighs* If only. . .

and it is ending bad. Just spilled DD medicine. She was trying to be helpful and undid the lid. I went to shake it and it went everywhere and all over me. DH is watching a movie and didn't even bother to turn off the movie to help clean the medicine up while I cleaned myself up :fork: Thanks for letting me rant and rave right now

Uponastar

I'm doing my best, but can't figure out where that is. :lookaroun
North, South, East, West, or any combination of them from us?
Near...?

Olney is a neighborhood in the North Philadelphia section of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It is roughly bounded by the Roosevelt Boulevard to the south, Tacony Creek (also known as Frankford Creek somewhat south and Tookany Creek somewhat north of its course along Olney) to the east, Godfrey Avenue to the north, and the railroad right-of-way west of Sixth Street to the west.

Connor002

For what it's worth, both my kids received a lot of so-called offers for exchange programs, to England, Australia, and somewhere in South America - can't remember exactly where,but they were quite pricey and not very reputable. Your parents may also have felt you were too young to do something like that, so they didn't want you to be disappointed. You're so bright and personable, I'm sure you'll get lots more of these offers throughout your education. You'll know the right one when it comes along!

We got those "offers" to.
Not what they at first seem to be.
Maybe that's what those were, Connor.

Either way.
I'd still rather know about things.
I'm going to start screening the mail. :lookaroun

EDIT: I used the fancy quote buttons.
I don't like them.:lookaroun

Nemo14

Original Poster
and it is ending bad. Just spilled DD medicine. She was trying to be helpful and undid the lid. I went to shake it and it went everywhere and all over me. DH is watching a movie and didn't even bother to turn off the movie to help clean the medicine up while I cleaned myself up :fork: Thanks for letting me rant and rave right now
I'm so sorry Susan - Dot might have a little ice water left for DH too!

Nemo14

Original Poster
Speaking of DH, he's changed the TV station about 50 times in the last 2 minutes. Who invented the remote anyway?!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom