MJ's Breakthrough!

Well, MJ is (mostly) over her fear of the characters....if we approach it right! So far the handlers and the characters have been awesome with her when we explained her autism. Here are the characters she has met in the last three visits (days) we have been at WDW.....

Mickey (3x)
Pluto
Terk
Jane
Tarzan
Tarzan Rocks! Cast
Timon
Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers
Jasmine (2x)
Aladdin
Abby Duck from Chicken Little (2x)
Chicken Little
Jessie (2x)
Woody
Buzz Lightyear
Snow White, Aurora, Cinderella
Pocahontas (2x)
Meeko

Watched Mike and Sully but wouldn't meet them

This is completely AMAZING.....I never thought she would get to this point....Every small step is such a big deal for us!

bsandersjr

That's great! But watch what you wish for, you might get it.

Meaning........ Eventually, you may not be able to keep up with her! She'll be running to characters all day! :)

MommytoMJM

Original Poster
bsandersjr said:
That's great! But watch what you wish for, you might get it.

Meaning........ Eventually, you may not be able to keep up with her! She'll be running to characters all day! :)

Fine with me! Altho since her wheelchair is attached to mine with DH pushing it may be hard for her to outrun us! LOL

DisneyBunny

so glad to hear some good news! I'm not much of a poster... i mostly lurk, and i've been following your story for some time now. Looks like some of the PD&P worked!

So happy for you all! Sounds like you're going to need a lot more tissues for all those magical moments!

bsandersjr

MommytoMJM said:
Fine with me! Altho since her wheelchair is attached to mine with DH pushing it may be hard for her to outrun us! LOL

Boy do I feel like a fool...... Sorry, I was not aware of that. :veryconfu

MommytoMJM

Original Poster
bsandersjr said:
Boy do I feel like a fool...... Sorry, I was not aware of that. :veryconfu

It is totally ok, I thought it was funny! We did spend more time doing characters than anything else this weekend!

What is really funny is that we aren't doing an autograph book for her and usually only do pics if there is a photpass guy there......so it confusles the characters a bit when we ask them to just play with her! We have been assured by the handlers that the characters love it, it just stumps them a bit because so many guests are just about the pics and autographs.

jcat2312

That is super!!!! I am glad that MJ is warming up to many of the characters. We are sending some "pixie dust" down for you!!!

sharkgirl

Thanks for the info. I love reading about MJ -Like a lot of others I am a mostly a lurker. But, it always adds a little extra to my day when I can read and enjoy the positive. Best wishes to you and your family

Slipknot

MommytoMJM said:
It is totally ok, I thought it was funny! We did spend more time doing characters than anything else this weekend!

What is really funny is that we aren't doing an autograph book for her and usually only do pics if there is a photpass guy there......so it confusles the characters a bit when we ask them to just play with her! We have been assured by the handlers that the characters love it, it just stumps them a bit because so many guests are just about the pics and autographs.

And just to stand/sit there and watch MJ interacting with characters is worth the price of addmission, for me at least. Miss you guys!!!!!!!!!!!! :kiss:

MommytoMJM said:

Unless, of course, you are with someone who is willing to push one of the wheelchairs unattached :animwink: (heck, I'd push both if Andrew was ok with it) then, all you have to worry about are the crowds. (This weekend was a huge eye opener for me!!!)

MouseMadness

MommytoMJM said:
......so it confusles the characters a bit when we ask them to just play with her! We have been assured by the handlers that the characters love it, it just stumps them a bit because so many guests are just about the pics and autographs.

Well, I'd love to see some pics of them playing, too. :lookaroun :D :wave: :sohappy:

drew81

This is great. This is why the characters are so important. They love to make the magic for guests like MJ.

You should take the characters a picture or note. I'm sure they'd love it.

JKovach

Account Suspended
MommytoMJM said:
What is really funny is that we aren't doing an autograph book for her

First off, before I address that let me just say congrats MommytoMJ!!! Honestly that is fantastic news and since the time I have been on here I've loved reading your updates and your news. Also the story you posted in my thread of embarassing stories while you were riding the TTA :lol:

I am very happy for you! That's awesome

As for the autograph book... might be a good idea to avoid it... my family has a running joke with me about this such topic.

When I was about... 6 maybe 7 years old I LOVED the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, so they were in MGM one afternoon and we waited for HOURS to watch them and then get in line and get all of their autographs, it was probably the most exciting day of my life! We then went out for lunch after, AND I LEFT THE AUTOGRAPH BOOK THERE!!! Once we realized, we went back but it was gone... and I was soooooo depressed. I wasn't one of those children that throw tantrums when I didn't get my way, I just got very depressed and wouldn't talk to anyone. It very well might have been the worst moment of my life... (ironic huh)

Well, my father told my mom, bro, and sis to go back to the hotel and go to the pool (that was the day's plan) while him and I waited for the next opportunity which was THREE HOURS AWAY...

Since I was so little, the only ride I did was Star Tours, so him and I rode that at least 10 times... before finally it was time, and we went back and went through the whole process again

I actually still have the autograph book and it makes for a funny story... BUT NOT WORTH YOUR TIME SO GOOD CHOICE TO STAY AWAY FROM THEM!! :lol:

Again, I am so happy to hear the good news! :sohappy:

DisneySam

Good for MJ! I am glad that she is having such good experiences with the characters! I know I act like a little kid when I am at WDW around the characters, so I am glad that she gets to share in the enjoyment. :sohappy:

MommytoMJM

Original Poster
drew smith said:
This is great. This is why the characters are so important. They love to make the magic for guests like MJ.

You should take the characters a picture or note. I'm sure they'd love it.

We actually always get duplicate copies of any pictures and take them back to CM's (characters or not) and notes too. We are very lucky to be close enough to do that, there are pictures of MJ in a LOT of the breakrooms at WDW! LOL CM's recognize her all the time from pics they have seen of her floating around the World!

drew81

MommytoMJM said:
We actually always get duplicate copies of any pictures and take them back to CM's (characters or not) and notes too. We are very lucky to be close enough to do that, there are pictures of MJ in a LOT of the breakrooms at WDW! LOL CM's recognize her all the time from pics they have seen of her floating around the World!

That's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! CM's and the characters really appreciate that.

MommytoMJM

Original Poster
Slade said:
And just to stand/sit there and watch MJ interacting with characters is worth the price of addmission, for me at least. Miss you guys!!!!!!!!!!!! :kiss:

Unless, of course, you are with someone who is willing to push one of the wheelchairs unattached :animwink: (heck, I'd push both if Andrew was ok with it) then, all you have to worry about are the crowds. (This weekend was a huge eye opener for me!!!)

We miss you too!!!! MJ is calling for you now unca mi ah LOL I put a pic of all of us with Mickey on my computer desktop and she keeps making me dock my window to see it.

I am sure Andrew would be willing to teach you to drive the Behemoth! Pushing the chairs unattached works sometimes, but I get nervouse being so far from MJ with all that goes on with her, all we need is for her to have a seizure or a meltdown with someone pushing her :/

I hope you get your person back up here soon! We love you!

MommytoMJM

Original Poster
drew smith said:
That's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! CM's and the characters really appreciate that.

They do seem to like it, I try to put dates and times on the back so they get back to the right person (esp the suited characters) I love it when it is picture delivery time, we just got two rolls back this week, so I have lots to deliver this weekend! YAY!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom