Mj 2.0!

DisneyBunny

Nemo14 said:
((Hugs))) Bunny! Sorry to hear the news. If you don't mind my asking, what type of cancer is it?

Cancer of the Bladder. I'm not sure if that's the "official" diagnosis, but that's what they think it is at this point. He's scheduled for surgery, but thanks to our lovely medical system, he can't get an appointment for another month and a half.

Nemo14

DisneyBunny said:
Cancer of the Bladder. I'm not sure if that's the "official" diagnosis, but that's what they think it is at this point. He's scheduled for surgery, but thanks to our lovely medical system, he can't get an appointment for another month and a half.
That could be a good sign. If they thought that this was an emergency situation, they would have found a way to get him an earlier appointment.
I'll be sure to keep him in my prayers.

Uponastar

DisneyBunny said:

Bunny!
I know every case is different, but my dad lived with bladder tumors for almost twenty years. It was not the cause of his death.
The tumors are very treatable, especially in men.
Every 3 to 6 months he would go in to the hospital for a short procedure in which they inserted a scope (I'll let you figure out where) and pulverized new growth. He was home in a few hours. Not even an incision.
Hopefully, your grandfather's condition will be treatable as well.

DisneyBunny

Nemo14 said:
That could be a good sign. If they thought that this was an emergency situation, they would have found a way to get him an earlier appointment.
I'll be sure to keep him in my prayers.

Eh, I'd like to think so, but I don't have much faith in our medical system. My aunt died last year from gross incompetence, and possible malpractice. Now my GD is dealing with the Veteran's hospitals, and those go as slow as humanly possible.

DisneyBunny

Uponastar said:
Bunny!
I know every case is different, but my dad lived with bladder tumors for almost twenty years. It was not the cause of his death.
The tumors are very treatable, especially in men.
Every 3 to 6 months he would go in to the hospital for a short procedure in which they inserted a scope (I'll let you figure out where) and pulverized new growth. He was home in a few hours. Not even an incision.
Hopefully, your grandfather's condition will be treatable as well.

I'm going to keep my hopes up. His health has been declining rapidly recently though, and at 88, if it's not one thing, it's another.:(

Nemo14

DisneyBunny said:
I'm going to keep my hopes up. His health has been declining rapidly recently though, and at 88, if it's not one thing, it's another.:(
Hang in there though - sounds like they're not really sure of this diagnosis yet anyway.

Uponastar

DisneyBunny said:

I'll think good thoughts for him. :)
Maybe he'll be lucky like my dad.

Nemo14

I'd love to stay and talk, but I really have a lot to do today, and the dog keeps reminding me of my promise to her. Have a good day everyone, and Connor, we're still worried about you!!! :wave:

Uponastar

DisneyBunny said:
My moods are invariably tied to the weather. I'm one of the biggest sufferers of SAD that I know.

You and me both!
That's why I should live in Florida!
I come to life down there! Seriously!
A few short months of warmth up here just doesn't do it for me!

Uponastar

Nemo14 said:
I'd love to stay and talk, but I really have a lot to do today, and the dog keeps reminding me of my promise to her. Have a good day everyone, and Connor, we're still worried about you!!! :wave:

Have a good day Betty! :wave:
Enjoy the walk!
Hopefully the prodigal Ison will have returnest by this evening!

DisneyBunny

Uponastar said:
You and me both!
That's why I should live in Florida!
I come to life down there! Seriously!
A few short months of warmth up here just doesn't do it for me!

I keep thinking about moving somewhere warm, but then I would miss Spring. It's so satisfying to see the earth wake up after a long winter. Every day a little more - the crocuses come up, the forsythia blooms, and the best part of spring - the peepers!

Uponastar

DisneyBunny said:
I keep thinking about moving somewhere warm, but then I would miss Spring. It's so satisfying to see the earth wake up after a long winter. Every day a little more - the crocuses come up, the forsythia blooms, and the best part of spring - the peepers!

I love Spring too.
But it's so unpredictable here.
I'd miss it. But to have warm weather all year . . *sighs* . . .
Oh yeah, that's for me!

DisneyBunny

Uponastar said:
I love Spring too.
But it's so unpredictable here.
I'd miss it. But to have warm weather all year . . *sighs* . . .
Oh yeah, that's for me!

Maybe you could get yourself a winter home down south, and come back for spring! Some little place outside of Disney.. :)

Uponastar

DisneyBunny said:
Maybe you could get yourself a winter home down south, and come back for spring! Some little place outside of Disney.. :)

Sounds nice! :)
Now if I could just come up with a way to finance that . . .hmmm!
But I like dreamin"!
Maybe someday!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom