Mj 2.0!

Connor002

Uponastar said:
The you-know-whats?
The orphans?

Neighbor: "I feel sorry for the grandparents, but now the pot-smoking kid gets a new house?"

So blatantly put. I give people far too much credit... "Oh, he's not a great kid, but he's not the worst" "I don't know him, but he went down the wrong road." Wrong road... well, thanks, thanks for making the whole neighborhood a worse place. Thanks for reinforcing the idea that "City-kids are bad." Thanks for giving me that much more reason for wishing we would have moved. Thanks for making me loose sight of what I though was still in innocent area. Thanks, you little stupid brat, thanks for showing me that I hate the world for what it does to what were once innocent children like myself. Thanks. Why is it that even though the good far outnumber the bad, it is always the former that manages to pervert future generations?

Connor002

Good Night, Dot, Mary, Bonny, and anyone else who happens to be here.
Perhaps tomorrow I'll be in a better mood, and not dampen the festivities.

figmentmom

Connor002 said:
Good Night, Dot, Mary, Bonny, and anyone else who happens to be here.
Perhaps tomorrow I'll be in a better mood, and not dampen the festivities.

Connor, things will look better tomorrow. Remember, we love ya.

Uponastar

Connor002 said:
Neighbor: "I feel sorry for the grandparents, but now the pot-smoking kid gets a new house?"

So blatantly put. I give people far too much credit... "Oh, he's not a great kid, but he's not the worst" "I don't know him, but he went down the wrong road." Wrong road... well, thanks, thanks for making the whole neighborhood a worse place. Thanks for reinforcing the idea that "City-kids are bad." Thanks for giving me that much more reason for wishing we would have moved. Thanks for making me loose sight of what I though was still in innocent area. Thanks, you little stupid brat, thanks for showing me that I hate the world for what it does to what were once innocent children like myself. Thanks. Why is it that even though the good far outnumber the bad, it is always the former that manages to pervert future generations?

Whatever this boy has done, whatever wrongs he has committed, should not be the basis of judgement for him for the rest of his life. Maybe he isn't the nicest person, but who has walked in his shoes lately? He's a teenager who has been through his own personal hell. And may still be there.
The remark by your neighbor is so judgemental, it's hard to respond to. The boy has smoked pot so he has no right to anything that may help improve his situation? Is that way of thinking right? I don't think so.
Did he really make the neighborhood a worse place?
Or did the attention his situation brought to the neighborhood awaken something in people that they may have preferred stayed hidden?
Maybe the show with all its "extremes" has been a bit overwhelming. But why not wait and see what kind of effect it will utimately have on the family. Maybe it will be positive.
He didn't personally take your innocence away. The world does that little by little every day. It's a part of growing up and it is hard.
You are so angry because something in you says he's not worthy. But if you were to let go of that, you might remember that all of this came about because of tragedies that you wouldn't even want to think about, let alone live through.
Give him a chance Connor. If you're lucky, you'll never know what is like to be him.

Uponastar

Connor, I don't know if I said everything the way I wanted to.
But I want you to know I'm on your side.
I just want you to be happy and let this thing go.

Uponastar

Fantasmic!329 said:
I can't wait to know who gets voted off tonight. They were just awful last night. :lol: :lookaroun

Wasn't that the worse. :lol:
And I thought it would be a great theme.
Songs that everyone would recognize.
Boy was I wrong.
Just about anyone could go home after that mess.
But I'm betting on Lisa.

Uponastar

Fantasmic!329 said:
I was especially upset about Mandiva's performace. She is such a talented woman, but was just awful last night.

Horrible!
I couldn't make heads or tails out of it!
Ace was rediculous.
Chris was repetitive. He needs something new.
Katherine sounded like Christina?! I don't think so.
Elliot, who I love, sounded good, but looked stupid.
Everyone else was just forgettable.
Paris was the only one with any life to her performance.

Fantasmic!329

Katharine was my favorite of the night. I had never heard the song before, so that might have been why.

I've never liked Chris, but he has got to do something different, or we will be saying Adios.

Ace - no need for the scar showing, and just an awful performance.

Lisa - completely killed that song. I will never be able to listen to it again in the same way.

Elliott - Meh. Not a great performance.

Kellie - Completely agree with Simon -- why choose such an obscure song?

Mandisa - like I said before, pretty bad.

Taylor - liked the not-drunken style, but I loved him for who he was.

Bucky - can not sing for his life.

Paris - Meh. Not a great performance; vocal was awful. :hurl:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom