Mitzer's trip report - including Mission Space

First off, this was a total surprise...last minute...trip for my birthday. My husband surprised me with the help of Pam (Kingdom Konsultant)....thanks PAMMY! We arrived at Disney at 9am on Saturday. First stop, a haircut. Yep, haircut. There is a lady at Disney that my husband tries to get a haircut from every visit, says she does the best haircuts. Got that out of the way by 11am and since we were at Y&B, decided to go to Beaches and Cream for lunch before hitting the parks. The weather when we arrived was cloudy and humid, warm, but not threatening. We had a fantastic lunch and got to witness a guy obtain the new record for finishing by himself the KITCHEN SINK...omg, where did he put all that ice cream? Headed to EPCOT to do the countries until we met up with friends for dinner. We not only got the entire world showcase done in record time (absoutely no lines) but hit test track (my old favorite ride) 4 times. Did a nice walk around the park and some shopping and then headed out the back way to Y&B, where we parked earlier. Went back to CBR, where we had reservations and checked in. Well, finally got our room. Disney was totally full on rooms, but the parks weren't too bad. Changed and headed to Orlando to meet up with friends and have a bite to eat downtown. Got back to Disney around 9pm, so we went by DTD and did some shopping to pick up the promised items for friends and then to the resort for a good nights sleep.

Woke up Sunday morning and headed to MGM. We did the RnRC, ToT and WWTBAM (Millionaire) a few times each. By 1:00 we were on our way to EPCOT. We had lunch first at The Garden Grill (great as usual) and then took the boat ride. Met some great people in line from Philly and became instant friends. Showed them around EPCOT after that and had a blast. We headed from the Land over to The Living Seas and got there right at feeding time. Also saw the dolphin show...new and great! We left there and went over to TT and rode that a few times (again about a 5 minute walk up wait) and then decided to see the Future Home. It was when we were getting out of that tour that a cast member approached us and asked if we wanted to test ride Mission Space...well he didn't have to ask twice. We went right through with maybe a 5-10 minute wait. All I can say is WOW, what a unbelievable ride. For those waiting, it is well worth the wait. This is now my ALL TIME favorite ride anywhere. I can't wait to ride it again. Was nothing like I expected, but by far NOT a let down in any means. We left there to go to dinner at Boma's (another of our favorites) and it was fantastic as usual also. Walked around the resort for a bit and then off to PI. The comedy club there is the best! Just love that place. Back to the hotel for some sleep by midnight.

Monday we got up and headed to MK after bfast. Was packed to say the least. Our first experience with crowds thus far. We did ride what we wanted to and saw a few shows and by 2pm it was begining to rain, so we headed back to the hotel to wait out the showers. We had dinner reservations at the Bistro for my birthday and to watch Illuminations (thanks again Pam!). We decided to go swimming until we had to leave for dinner...was nice, even though it was raining a bit. Got dressed and left for dinner and the show. Sat right in front of the windows and had a great view of the fireworks. Fantastic experience and dinner as usual. We left EPCOT about 10:30pm and went back to pack for home. Left the hotel this morning around 4AM...what a trip. Even though it was a hot and rainy trip, it was the best. Nothing could top getting to experience MS, or spoil that...even rain. I can't wait to go again and ride MS over and over.

I will add a photo as soon as I can transfer it from my laptop. Isn't on my digital any longer. Come back and look for MS photos soon...

Mitzer

Mitzer

Original Poster
Sorry the photos aren't better, but we were moving so quickly we didn't have time to stop and really set them up. Here is a sneak peak for those waiting to ride Mission Space...

Mitzer

Original Poster
Originally posted by Mitzer
Sorry the photos aren't better, but we were moving so quickly we didn't have time to stop and really set them up. Here is a sneak peak for those waiting to ride Mission Space...

Oopsie...forgot to add the photo...sorry

Mitzer

Original Poster
Originally posted by SpongeScott
Sounds like you had a great, fun trip! Thanks for sharing.

I'm not real clear on this: did you like M:S? :animwink:
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :animwink: ...I think that is a YES :lol:

JonnyK

Great Reviews Thanks for sharing. Looks like you had a fun Time. Im heading out On Sunday and Should be there by sometime in the afternoon. n i got 1 full week to be there. Cant wait to ride MS.

Great Pics of MS.

wannabeBelle

Hey there Mitzer, Glad to hear you had an amazing time. Did you get to see the lads of Off Kilter??Thanks so much for the pics and description of M:S. 15 more days for me!! Belle

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom