Misunderstanding of things from when you were little.

olmec26

giant circular room?

The finale of the original Universe of Energy took place in Theater 1. Curtains along the walls would rise revealing mirrors that would reflect the movie shown on the three large screens and the one smaller "apex screen."

Martin would know more about it than I would.

Epic Epcot

I used to think the Haunted Mansion was really haunted. (What a shocker)

I thought El Rio Del Tiempo really took you back in time, but I thought I was smart enough to know that it didn't take me to Mexico.

I thought Star Tours actually took you into space. I'd vigilantly watch the skies over ST to see a StarSpeeder take off or land.

Since I went on Take Flight on one trip and then BLSRS on the next, I was convinced that Disney frequently changes out rides there.

I thought the Dreamfinder was Willy Wonka.

I thought the Hydrolators at the Living Seas took you deep underground to a secret ocean located under Florida, my very limited knowledge of water tables in Florida only justified it. Then I "wised up" and realized that LS was only an underground aquarium and the Hydrolators only took you around 20 or so feet underground.

I was terrified of the Time Keeper because I thought that he really teleported a family from the audience and took them to the future.

I thought the fog that came after the robber tried to steal the gem in TGMR could kill you instantly, and I tried to keep my family and I on the far left of the tram... only to realize the Xenomorph from the Alien scene would try to eat us.

Cane27

I thought the animals in the Jungle Cruise were real, as were the guns.
I thought that the Monsanto Magic Carpet Ride actually took you to the places shown in the 360' theatre.

CinderellyKelly

My family went to Disney World for the first time when I was five. My little brother was three.

On the last day of our trip my parents asked us what our favorite ride had been. My brother and I both said the Alligator ride.

My parents were confused and asked which ride the alligator ride was.

Turns out our favorite ride of the trip was actually the elevator at the hotel. Our parents probably could have saved some money and we would have been just as happy staying in the hotel! haha! :lol:

Ziffell

My family went to Disney World for the first time when I was five. My little brother was three.

On the last day of our trip my parents asked us what our favorite ride had been. My brother and I both said the Alligator ride.

My parents were confused and asked which ride the alligator ride was.

Turns out our favorite ride of the trip was actually the elevator at the hotel. Our parents probably could have saved some money and we would have been just as happy staying in the hotel! haha! :lol:

That's hilarious!! I read somewhere once that whenever Disney does surveys of families visiting the resort, that young children will almost always say their favorite part of the vacation was the swimming pool at their hotel.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

That's hilarious!! I read somewhere once that whenever Disney does surveys of families visiting the resort, that young children will almost always say their favorite part of the vacation was the swimming pool at their hotel.

Thats probably because it is still cold where they live LOL.

Lord Pheonix

not to seem like a preacher in church, but this is exactly why the tree of knowledge was forbidden in the garden of eden.

as kids, we see and interprete the world through eyes that are not tainted by common knowledge and logic. therefore every ride is exactly as it looks. example, on peter pans flight, you really are thousands of feet up in the air over london,whatever you do, dont fall out, and uoe, you really are back in time with dinosaurs, hope you didnt eat a hamburger or a hot dog before you went in. this is what was intended when walt builtthe magic kingdom and dl. unfortunatly, as a few have said here, we lose our innocence, or a more correct word, our ignorance, and now our PERCEPTION is based more on what we know then what we see. i still love going back and riding every ride as a 33 y/o man, including dumbo, not so much for the ride itself, but for the memory of what it was like when i was young.

noone has said this, but my fav ride was the tram in the parking lot. i knew that it ment i was about to enter a whole new world, completly indipendent of the troubles and worries of the outside world. it was also my most hated, it ment we were going home.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I used to think that the HM ride all took place in the facade. I could never have concieved of ride buildings. In fact if you had told me all these wonderful rides just took place in warehouse looking things I might have punched you in the stomach :ROFLOL:

_Scar

I thought the DisneyQuest elevator took you very far away. I thought the exit would be a very, very long walk.

I thought SSE was a golf ball. I was convinced Epcot was some kind of theme park with no real theme and everything was random.

Rinx

Back when Residential Street was part of the BLT I thought people lived in the houses. I didn't know what a facade was. I always wondered if it got annoying for the people living in those houses to have to hear the horn and explosions in Catastrophe Canyon all day. :lol:

I thought HM actually took place in the house you see.

I thought every door that read "Cast Members Only" led to secret passages and I always wanted to go in!

I hated the walk from the Beach Club to Epcot. I thought it was soooooo long.

muteki

Some highlights from my first trip in 91 when I was 6...

-I thought 20K actually went underwater, and after the ride I couldn't remember going under a waterfall into a cave.

-I never knew World Showcase existed until my second trip in 94, when I thought "this is amazing, they must have doubled the size of the park!"

-I thought the hydrolators actually went up and down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom