Misspellings in the Parks

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I even tried to take the missing letters from the names or the letters that needed to be added to the names to make them correct to see if there was a secret word or phrase. I think I have been reading too many mystery novels.
But yes, there has to be a reason there are so many misspelled names on that list.

A poor speller on the sign team?

Jakester

If anybody visted Magic Kingdom between 12/25/11 - 12/31/11, Did anyone catch how they spelled Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks on the timeguides? (Fantsy in the Sky Fireworks)

Scuttle

I feel so stupid:veryconfu-- where is this sign with the list of the celebrity handprints?

Thanks!!

There isn't one. When I was out there doing research for a website the cast member saw me recording all the hand prints and he asked if he could help me find anyone. So I asked him if he had a list or something like that and he let me take a photo of it. Which was huge because it was going to take me a long time to record all the prints. So no need to feel stupid.

Whew, thanks! We were just there last week and my daughter was really into reading all of the signature blocks, so we went through every inch of the area.

Billy6

Anyone remember Space Mountain used to be "out of this would"?
The signs on the inclined walkway of the queue spelled "world" as "would"...I'm sure someone has the photo of that one....

Cmdr_Crimson

Anyone remember Space Mountain used to be "out of this would"?
The signs on the inclined walkway of the queue spelled "world" as "would"...I'm sure someone has the photo of that one....

It was posted here but it was removed..However, Someone posted a video of it on youtube..
[youtube]HWJD82V5KLo[/youtube]

IMO they should make a shirt of that hilarious Disney Engrish!:ROFLOL:

Timekeeper

Maybe you all could be on the news, too. Just credit your findings to one of your kids.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Mickey-Mouse-Would-Be-So-Proud.html

Fourth-grader-corrects-Disney-error-m.jpg

a2grafix

I have to find this but on one of my previous trips to WDW I was walking through a shop at Hollywood Studios and noticed a shirt. It had the evil queen from Snow White saying "Whose the fairest of them all?"

In actuality it is "Who's the fairest of them all?" It is a very nice female shirt but with a glaring misspelling. Who is ....

Tom

Beta Return
I think this thread proves that when times are tough, and budgets are tight...the first to go are proofreaders and most personnel with reading levels beyond 5th grade.

Enchanted Broom

You can find something a bit odd at the Maharajah Jungle Trek in the Animal Kingdom. There's a sign next to the entrance that explains the "history" of the Jungle Trek and has the name of the village on it. It's spelled Anandapur (which is the correct spelling). Then there's a sign above the entrance. It has the name of the village on it too. But it's spelled Anandapoor.
These signs are within about feet of each other.
It's not part of the theme. I worked there and no one knew why it was like that.
*shrugs* I wonder how many guests noticed....

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
You can find something a bit odd at the Maharajah Jungle Trek in the Animal Kingdom. There's a sign next to the entrance that explains the "history" of the Jungle Trek and has the name of the village on it. It's spelled Anandapur (which is the correct spelling). Then there's a sign above the entrance. It has the name of the village on it too. But it's spelled Anandapoor.
These signs are within about feet of each other.
It's not part of the theme. I worked there and no one knew why it was like that.
*shrugs* I wonder how many guests noticed....

according to Wiki:

The forest was, at one point, also run by imperial British visitors, as evidenced in the Western spelling on the sign at the entrance to the Jungle Trek, which reads "Royal Anandapoor Forest". When their occupation of southern Asia ended, the British turned the forest over to the villagers of Anandapur, whom you encounter as you walk through the jungle.​

So "Anandapoor" is just a westernized spelling of the name.

Enchanted Broom

according to Wiki:

The forest was, at one point, also run by imperial British visitors, as evidenced in the Western spelling on the sign at the entrance to the Jungle Trek, which reads "Royal Anandapoor Forest". When their occupation of southern Asia ended, the British turned the forest over to the villagers of Anandapur, whom you encounter as you walk through the jungle.​

So "Anandapoor" is just a westernized spelling of the name.

Oh, okay. :3 Nice to know that there's a reason behind it.
I really ought to know details like that that since I worked there. ^_^'

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom