Misspellings in the Parks

MarkTwain

Wow. This really is absurd. Yes, there are millions of words and signs around the "world", but every single piece of graphic artwork - be it paper or signage - SHOULD go through an arsenal of checks. Heck, the graphic design software they use (likely InDesign, Illustrator, etc) have built-in spell-checks...so they're ignoring their first line of defense.

Actually, Illustrator doesn't have spell check (at least mine doesn't - CS4). It's VERY frustrating. It's really amazing how many words you'll find you misspell without the squiggly red lines to help you. That's one big incentive for a lot of designers to use InDesign, but Illustrator tends to be more graphic design (and less text) based, so I wouldn't be surprised if Disney used Illustrator for everything,

Tom

Beta Return
Actually, Illustrator doesn't have spell check (at least mine doesn't - CS4). It's VERY frustrating. It's really amazing how many words you'll find you misspell without the squiggly red lines to help you. That's one big incentive for a lot of designers to use InDesign, but Illustrator tends to be more graphic design (and less text) based, so I wouldn't be surprised if Disney used Illustrator for everything,

I wondered the same thing. I figured they'd use Illustrator to produce the actual graphics (like I do), but then use InDesign to layout the signs, as a whole, while just plopping the AI or PSD files into them.

If they're creating all their signs, especially the text-heavy ones, in Illustrator, perhaps they should pay their proofreaders another $0.25/hr.

Phonedave

according to Wiki:

The forest was, at one point, also run by imperial British visitors, as evidenced in the Western spelling on the sign at the entrance to the Jungle Trek, which reads "Royal Anandapoor Forest". When their occupation of southern Asia ended, the British turned the forest over to the villagers of Anandapur, whom you encounter as you walk through the jungle.​

So "Anandapoor" is just a westernized spelling of the name.

WDW Imagineer #1 "Oh crap! We mispelled "Anandapur" on the main sign to the jungle trek. Do you know how much that will cost to fix!"

WDW Imagineer #2 "Or, on the other hand, a backstory is free"

-dave

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
So close...

423279_10150670835514617_357590889616_9102423_2143645729_n.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom