Mission: Space

grandmath

Drebel said:
If you lower the speed of the centrifuge by 1mph then the scene for example when you reach space and you feel "weightlessness" will not synch with the speed of the ride. The video would be out with the motion of the ride.

)

That is exactly what I don't understand (sorry Corrus, I read but... ;) ). To me, the point here is to increase or decrease speed at key moments during the ride and video to make you feel exactly "what you see". The speed rate in itself makes it less or more intense (produces more or less G forces) but I don't see what it has to do with the synch. Even if it rotates slower from the begining, it if increases speed even a bit at the right time and for the right duration, it will be in synch. Again, I'm not a technical guy and I'm totally ready to believe you though! ;)

grandmath

HauntedPirate said:
You mean, people aren't going to love M:S in a few years? But, that's impossible, just ask the suits who did all sorts of research into this.

*end sarcasm*

The whole problem is that rides are now rides, because management has deemed it "better". There was a time when a new attraction opened, it was an 'experience', not just a 'ride'. Those times are gone, apparently. At least, gone under current management. Perhaps Everest will go against the grain on this, and I sincerely hope it does, but I'm not holding my breath.

Yeah but to me, Mission Space IS an experience, and much more than a ride. From the queuline to the pre-show to the ride to the pods themeing to the interactivity, you feel like you're there and experiencing a real blast off in Space and unique sensations. Something you don't feel in many rides. I love many rides at WDW but I still feel I'm just watching some stuff passing by, although beautiful stuff. I'm not there. They can be GREAT but M:S is special in that way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom