Mission: Space

BrerFox28

Account Suspended
Original Poster
The whole time I was at WDW, the wait for Mission: Space at Epcot was no more than 10 minutes (that's what the standby sign said), and it only took about 5 minutes to go through. I mean, come on, most people dont like this ride, you can really only ride it once on your trip, because you know exactly whats going to happen if u ride it again (it says your going to go into manual control, but when all 4 people have their hands off the joystick, it still goes by itself) I mean, is this ride not just money down the toilet? And even when they advertise it on the little parking ticket and TV, that doesn't even help! People just get sick on it! (I think it is the only ride thta has barf bags in Walt Disney World, so if that tells you anything) I know SOME people like it, but the majority doesn't. I dont know, it just seems like they could make another ride with that money... :D

StevenT

Originally posted by BrerFox28
I dont know, it just seems like they could make another ride with that money... :D
That's exactly what I said about Primevil Whirl :lol:

I have yet to ride it. I've heard equal amounts of good and bad reviews of the ride. I guess I'll find out this weekend. From what I read I beleive it should be a good ride. As for a really low wait time, that's the first I've heard. I've always heard the wait time up near Test Track's 60+ wait time. How busy was the park that day in general?

imagineer99

Mission: Space is also the most efficient crowd controlling ride in history. ;)

In contrast, Test Track produces huge waits, but is extremely inefficient.

BrerFox28

Account Suspended
Original Poster
it was last friday and the wait for Test Track was an Excess of 75 min. and mission space was 10 min. You will like Mission:Space the FIRST time, but the second is not fun at all.

StevenT

Originally posted by imagineer99
Mission: Space is also the most efficient crowd controlling ride in history. ;)

In contrast, Test Track produces huge waits, but is extremely inefficient.

This is true. Croud control was an intrigal part of the ride design. Remember it is the only ride at Disney to be built with the fastpass system as part of the design, not retrofitted with it later on. Test Track loads slow, and the cars have limited capacity. Not to mention it always has technical problems.

Dayma

You will like Mission:Space the FIRST time, but the second is not fun at all.

Call me crazy but I felt the same way about body wars. I liked it at first but the 2nd time it was bad.

I was hoping that M:S was more interactive but it sounds like its not at all..

imagineer99

mission space is absolutely non-interactive. you have no control over anything that happens.

The ride system CAN'T be interactive.

First, if you truly could pilot your spacecraft, there is no way for the centrifuge to readjust separately for each pod. The idea would be a logistical nightmare.

Second, how would you like a ride where you crashed? If people piloted the vehicle, people would crash more than land. That doesn't produce a fun ride in my opinion.

I can understand that you don't like M:S. However, do not imply that others do not like it or that it isn't popular.

Very few rides are different upon each ride.

MouseFan1

jeez Brer, you are really hating on the ride. Do you just not like thrill rides in general? Or is it specifically mission space that you dont like?

Dayma

The ride system CAN'T be interactive.

I think it could be interactive. Maybe not the "control" of the ship but you could have other things to make it interactive.

I am not saying I dont like the ride as I have not ridden it yet.....

andre85

mission space is absolutely non-interactive. you have no control over anything that happens.

It is interactive, audibly, it just doesn't have any effect on what appears on-screen.

There is no way Disney could have designed the ride to be completely interactive with the current ride infrastructure. Frankly, I was impressed by what they provided, but then again, I didn't walk in with ridiculously high expectations.

In addition, I just wanted to mention that I enjoyed Mission: Space more my 2nd and 3rd times than I did the 1st, as I was able to notice all the details implemented into the ride.

disnyfan89

it was last friday and the wait for Test Track was an Excess of 75 min. and mission space was 10 min. You will like Mission:Space the FIRST time, but the second is not fun at all.

Every time I go to epcot I ride that ride at least 3 times.

p.s. this should go in general discussions :wave:

andre85

Originally posted by blackride
I think it could be interactive. Maybe not the "control" of the ship but you could have other things to make it interactive.

Yeah, I suppose they could let you flicker the lights on and off.

imagineer99

I am not saying I dont like the ride as I have not ridden it yet.....

In that case, M:S delivers in spades...
:D

BrerFox28

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Originally posted by MouseFan1
jeez Brer, you are really hating on the ride. Do you just not like thrill rides in general? Or is it specifically mission space that you dont like?

I LOVE thrill rides, but I just dont think Mission: Space is one of Disney's better ones. On most thrill rides you can ride it 50 times and it will still be fun, but on MS, this just doesn't really happen, it just seems to get old.

andre85

Thats like driving in a police squad car and only being able to turn on the siren! lol

Haha. Anyways, there are several other "interactive" things in the cockpit, such as various switches that do cause LEDs to turn on and at least one caused a sound effect of some kind. I grew fond of that switch. There's also buttons one can fool around with, though I can't recall if anything resulted from those.

BrerFox28

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Originally posted by andre85
Haha. Anyways, there are several other "interactive" things in the cockpit, such as various switches that do cause LEDs to turn on and at least one caused a sound effect of some kind. I grew fond of that switch. There's also buttons one can fool around with, though I can't recall if anything resulted from those.

i admit that the buttons are fun to push, but if we wanted that, they mideswell just put in Press Buttons In Space (not to be mean or to make fun of anybody)

andre85

i admit that the buttons are fun to push, but if we wanted that, they mideswell just put in Press Buttons In Space (not to be mean or to make fun of anybody)

I hear ya, but they do aid the illusion, even if they merely trigger a sound effect. All I know is that every time I ride, I always press the buttons ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom