Mission: SPACE vs IOA's Spiderman

jp3raptor

you must be kidding

If you are trying to tell me that you could understand the plot of
The spider-man ride first time around,:hammer::confused:
with all the flashing and
Spinning [which is unnecessary]...
Then you are a very special person...
The scenes go by too fast and it is hard to hear what the characters are saying...
It should be like Splash Mountain...
There isn't a man in the world that didn’t understand what
Was happening in splash-mountain first time around.

Jp3raptor

M

Matt

I think that Islands Of Adventure is a great theme park. It has some of the newest technology in their rides, especially in Spiderman. Hopefully, Mission:SPACE will have the latest state-of-the-art technology too, making a really impressive ride. Which would be great news for the rider.

JEDI1138

anybody want to see the ride vehicle?

take the Disney Institute Backstage Magic tour for 199.00
They walk you right past it, and tell you what it is.

WDWspider

Re: you must be kidding

Originally posted by jp3raptor
The scenes go by too fast and it is hard to hear what the characters are saying...
Jp3raptor

Well, just look at my screen name and avatar, I am Spider-man after all.:lol:

Yes, it's disorienting, but you know that you are going in the Scoops to get the scoop on the crime going on downtown. You get that from the line and videos. If you caught everything the first time around why would you ride again? I didn't catch everything in Splash Mountain either. I rode several times to see all the critters and figure out everything the vultures are saying.

ToTBellHop

the only people who know what this attraction will be are either in management positions or they are building the attraction, themselves...and they all value their jobs.

MKCustodial

Re: you must be kidding

Originally posted by jp3raptor
It should be like Splash Mountain...
There isn't a man in the world that didn?t understand what
Was happening in splash-mountain first time around.

Jp3raptor

Well, I've only rode it once, and I got it all. What's so hard about that? The Sinister Six is doing stuff with a new ray gun Doc Ock created and JJ sends you to check it out, and you run into Spidey, who's trying to save the day.

Maybe you just ran past the line and the video screens on your thirst for savoring the great ride and forgot to check out your surroundings... :animwink:

WDWFREAK53

How can you NOT understand this ride???

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out!

My MOTHER doesn't even know who Spiderman is and she understood it and absolutely loved it.

BigNorm

Spider-Man is without a doubt the most innovative ride built in years. The combination of dark ride, 3-D effects, and CGI animation has raised the bar for all theme park attractions. It's going to be hard to compare Spider-Man to Mission:Space, but from what I've read and understand about M:S, I think it's going to be a great experince too!:sohappy:

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by BigNorm
Spider-Man is without a doubt the most innovative ride built in years. The combination of dark ride, 3-D effects, and CGI animation has raised the bar for all theme park attractions. It's going to be hard to compare Spider-Man to Mission:Space, but from what I've read and understand about M:S, I think it's going to be a great experince too!:sohappy:

HEAR HEAR!!! You cannot take ANYTHING away from Spidey...Great ride for the whole family (little intense for the little ones but that's why they have the height restriction).
Even though Spiderman does not use any NEW technology...the MERGING of the technologies is what is special...not even Disney has done this...So, I must say, the ride is very innovative and I'm glad it was built...because now it's time for DISNEY to step up to the plate...LET'S GO M:S!!!

WDWspider

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53

...the MERGING of the technologies is what is special...not even Disney has done this...M:S!!!

Unless you count the Roger Rabbit ride where they came up with the idea... what if we put the teacups on a dark ride. I know, small potatoes compared to Spider-man, but they have mixed rides at least once that I can think of, just a much smaller level.

MKCustodial

Originally posted by spider-man

Unless you count the Roger Rabbit ride where they came up with the idea... what if we put the teacups on a dark ride. I know, small potatoes compared to Spider-man, but they have mixed rides at least once that I can think of, just a much smaller level.

What Roger Rabbit ride?:confused:

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by spider-man

Now we're comparing apples and oranges :) Yes, I apologize...I know that Disney has merged different technologies to make an attraction, just like you said, not to the SIZE and SCALE of SPIDERMAN...

Although...from what they've been saying (which isn't much at all) M:S is going to be a truly AMAZING attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom