Mission Space Soft Openings?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by cac2889
It's so sad that they waist that much money to build another simluator. tsk...tsk...tsk...

It will be far more than just another simulator. There will be nothing like Space anywhere, and it is going to create a huge buzz when it opens, along the scale of Tower of Terror, if not greater. :)

Big Pooh

quote by cac2889

It's so sad that they waist that much money to build another simluator. tsk...tsk...tsk...

We knew from the beginning M:S would have something to do with simulated space flight, but I would'nt get down on Disney just yet. Spiderman at IOA is a simulator too, but it's unlike any other sim in the world. I have a feeling M:S will be at least on a par with Spiderman, and hopefully it won't have the technical difficulties that TT seems to have ALL THE TIME. :lol: I can't wait to ride it. :D

Cheers :wave:

cymbaldiva

2 things -

1) Bless your heart Mission:Space! Horizon ruled! You'd have loved it, I'm sure!

2) Nothing is ever wrong with a well done simulator ride....Here's hoping Disney does it right! :)

Poncho1973

Having seen it... I can't comment on it, but this is going knock your socks off.

Simulator BWAH!!!! This isn't 1980's technology simulation... this is high tech and you will be blown away.

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by Poncho1973
Having seen it... I can't comment on it, but this is going knock your socks off.

Simulator BWAH!!!! This isn't 1980's technology simulation... this is high tech and you will be blown away.

I read on here that Mission: Space is in a test and adjust phase and they're letting select CMs try it out. If anyone on this board is a CM and has tried out M:S, let us know what you thought about it. :)

NCthames

I Think I have another reason why they tore it down,Horizens was about the 20th century,now we are IN
The 20th Century.And who wants to ride it when it's about today?

We are in the 21st century now, right?

A few weeks ago, there was a show on the Travel Channel about Disney Imagineers. They briefly hit on Misson: Space in the last few minutes of the show. The implications were that the attraction/ride would simulate take off, with 3 or 4 G-forces on the body and that they would also simulate weightlessness. Sounds awesome if you ask me!

JLW11Hi

Mission: Space will be a simulator like nothing we have ever experienced before. This isn't a "Dumbo" ride. It is using new technology and a brand new format that I am guessing will make us feel really wierd while riding it. It says we will experience "weightlessness", so I will guess its not going to feel the same as any other simulator, rollercoaster, or any ride in the world.

kevlightyear

Originally posted by Poncho1973

Oh the torture you put us through. :animwink:

You can't comment on it at all?!? How about a little sneak preview hint or something, we're dying here. See if you can answer this, how does one experience weightlessness if one is just going around in circles, horizontally? Wouldn't one have to be "launched" upward for that? Just a question my teenage brain can't understand. Thanks!

Mr D

Mission Space will have the best and latest technolgy available, its NASA designed in some aspects as is the simulators which are the similar type to train astronauts.
The difference is that its a show, an experiance, not a carny ride at all.
I remember back in 1966 when I was a boy visiting DL and going on the Mission to Mars ride, I remembered that for years as the best thing I ever saw. This is a ride that IMHO is something Eisner had little or no input on, sort of like a bunch of rogue imagineers did it covertly and NOT cheaply, its definately not an off the shelf ride that any amusement park can order through a catalogue.
I would sum it up as a combination Mission to Mars (updated) Star Tours (enchanced) Stormrider (show), TOT (weightless + and - G's)effects.
Also I would very much like to get an early soft opening in mid jan as thats when we are planning our visit to WDW.

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by kevlightyear

Oh the torture you put us through. :animwink:

You can't comment on it at all?!? How about a little sneak preview hint or something, we're dying here. See if you can answer this, how does one experience weightlessness if one is just going around in circles, horizontally? Wouldn't one have to be "launched" upward for that? Just a question my teenage brain can't understand. Thanks!

You want to understand how weightlessness works? Jump.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by DisneyFreak721
Does anyone know the exact opening date? I am planning around march

There is no exact opening date unfortunately at this time. Spring 2003.

Mr D

Say Mission Space, are you the same person that used the name "Superstar Limo" just before DCA opened last year? you sure sound the same...:D

JLW11Hi

Originally posted by Mr D
Say Mission Space, are you the same person that used the name "Superstar Limo" just before DCA opened last year? you sure sound the same...:D

Well, let's hope there isn't a connection, because we don't want Mission: Space to suffer the same consequences Superstar Limo did!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom