Mission Space Soft Openings?

Mr D

The onlymajor concern I see from all the information of the size and function (of the cabin simulators) needed to make this a real experiance is that it cannot move a large amount of guests quickly, I would not be surprised well after the "official" opening of waits of over 4 hours.
In other words it will definately be a crowd gatherer but in the case of SSL at DCA it did not take long for the internet to spread the news of what it was like, as I remember it was only 48 hours before half the world knew it was "SuperStar Lamo":lol:
Does anyone have the accurate figure of how many guests can cycle through 4 of the cabins at Star Tours per an hour? M-S should be near that.
Now again the pre-show should help to "create the show" so this experiance will be far removed from a regular thrill ride as it can be. I have good feelings about this, lots of avenues afterwards for product influx even movies like Zenon can be added into the story (?).

RobFL

Account Suspended
Star Tours and Body Wars only operate 2 cabins at any time. The other cabins do need to be run or cycled everyone hour (or less, i forget) or they experience some weird "e-stop" and the whole system needs to be reset.

So, if they have a protien problem, they send people to the "unused" but fully functional cabins.

The "only two cabins" is because of waning popularity and thus fewer CM's working the attraction. If they had more CM's, they could operate more cabins.

And about SPACE - it is supposed to have 4 seperate turntables. Thiss means the attraction will have 4 "shows" running at any given time - a lot like Body Wars or Star Tours, but those turn tables each includes multiple pods. So, say each pod holds 5 people, and there are 5 pods per turntable, that's 25 people per turntable per 5 minutes (roughly). Each show runs 12 times in an hour, that's 48 shows, 25 people per show, for about 1200 per hour, and those are super-low estimate numbers. I've heard it will have minimal lines and a great capacity, so perhaps it's like 10 pods per turntable bringing the total to 2400 which is extremely high for capacity.

UoE's capacity is 1700 per hour, with a max of an 8 min wait, for comparison. I think the only attraction to be up in the 2400 range was Horizons.

-Rob

orlandoparks

Can't wait to see it open. Sounds like it's going to be good.

By the way, here is a recent picture of it from the monorail.

Attachments

• 100-0026_img.jpg
    100-0026_img.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 96

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom