Mission Space Puke

The Mom

Premium Member
Looks like another ride where I'll be in charge of "The Son." My husband has no problem with coasters or flumes; upside down, no floor, whatever...he loves them. But he refuses to go on the teacups, Dumbo, rocket pods, etc. They make him sick. I have a fear of heights, but can spin like crazy! ;)

MKCustodial

Originally posted by Kenan
One word.....VoBan....I had the honor of viewing a nasty spill once in a TT vehicle. 28 to be exact. It was like chunks and it came out of a 5 year old kid. I started gagging and ran away. I couldnt even put the VoBan on it for custodial to clean it up.:hurl: :hurl: :hurl: VoBan is like a peppermint bread crumb thingie you put on the puke and it soaks it up.

Ah, yes, VoBan... For the protein spills (Custodials don't call it puke or anything... :cool: ).

I was chosen for a particularly nasty one on New Year's Eve, under the Main Street Railroad Station, near the lockers. There were many champagne bottles around, so people were clearly overdoing it. And since it was me and the manager covering that part, she wasn't gonna clean it! :lol: Not my particular favorite memory... But I did get down to the tunnel earlier since she wasn't gonna have me around with a pan full of VoBan and protein! :lol:

Originally posted by wdwmagic
You are always going to get some people getting sick, even on things like the tea cups and space mountain.

In fact, I remember being told that the attraction at MK with the most calls for protein spills is... Pirates of the Caribbean!! :lol: I couldn't believe when I heard this, but it's a fact that the West Custodial crew tend to steer clean of the plaza whenever they hear the radio going off (unless you happen to HAVE the radio with you, of course!)

careship

Originally posted by Maria
A friend of mine talked today to one of our managers in Epcot and he said that many people have puked in M:S. I didn´t ask for details though. :animwink: :hurl:

Geesh.......why not????:lol:

careship

Originally posted by The Mom
Looks like another ride where I'll be in charge of "The Son." My husband has no problem with coasters or flumes; upside down, no floor, whatever...he loves them. But he refuses to go on the teacups, Dumbo, rocket pods, etc. They make him sick. I have a fear of heights, but can spin like crazy! ;)

Sounds like us a few years ago. My hubby can't do spinning or upside down. I do all of those. I can't do anything with large heights. (I can, just don't.) Also had one son who wouldn't ride much of anything. I think it has to do with being 3 and waking up halfway through the Haunted Mansion and about having a heart attack. Now he rides everything too. So we each take our appointed rides. Now they are old enough to go on by themselves as long as we wait in the line with them. My hubby though has decided to take a ton of motion sickness pills so he can go on all the rides. (Pictures the puke already.)

imagineersrock

lol well i know i'm not too hungry anymore..... well anyway heres an actual question; once the wall with the control panels moves into place infront of you, can you even see any of the other members in the cabin with you, or are you pretty much experiencing your own ride by yourself?

Disneyanna0521

Account Suspended
hmmm....either way i can't wait to ride it!!!!!!!!! ill tell my dad to take dramine...and ill make sure i eat (this will actually help me b/c i have major sugar problems)

ucf disneyfan

Originally posted by imagineersrock
lol well i know i'm not too hungry anymore..... well anyway heres an actual question; once the wall with the control panels moves into place infront of you, can you even see any of the other members in the cabin with you, or are you pretty much experiencing your own ride by yourself?

The only way you can see the other passengers is if you bring your head forward and look to the side. And if you do that your body will be very disoriented and you will increase your chances of getting sick. So you basically are trapped by yourself.

imagineersrock

Originally posted by Disneyanna0521
can u load one into your gallery?

here look- go to the M:S page of the site, and scroll down ALMOST 1/2 way down the page, and you'll see a pic of theinside of the cabin- it gives you a very good idea:cool:

Nineinchnailsmk

if i read correctly, there are fans that blow on the people's faces? I assume they are like in the airplanes. This will help out a lot! Cant wait to ride it!:hurl:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Nineinchnailsmk
if i read correctly, there are fans that blow on the people's faces? I assume they are like in the airplanes. This will help out a lot! Cant wait to ride it!:hurl:

yup.. that is correct. Fans blowing cold air

EpcoTim

Look at the bright side, this will really help the study of zero gravity and heavy G-loads on half digested strawberry bars and churros.

kvan

after reading this " puke" tread,

don´t wanna touch the bottons , let the computer do the work
:hurl: :hurl:

Candyapple

I havent really seen anything on Mission space, is it in Epcot? If so, I'm only planning on going for an evening to watch fireworks and ride a few rides. I havent been there in like 2 or 3 years. Can anyone answer this please, where is the ride? and is it really like the gravitron?

I used to love spinning as a child, but now, I feel like my head starts to pound if I just bend over somethimes. Equilibrium or something weird.I'm sure thats what the air is for, to give someone a fresh cold blow when they may feel like they're gonna be sick. Kind of like breathe deep, breathe deep, its almost over...... But Roller coasters..... Bring it on, I love them!

Thanks,
Terry

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom