Mission: Space protein spills

spacemtnfanatic

Original Poster
I am headed to WDW in a week and a half. I was there last year, rode M:S several times and loved it, but this year I will be riding as a single rider, therefore with people I do not know.

I was just wondering how common it really is for people to have protein spills in the middle of the ride cycle, and if so, how nasty is it for the other 3 in the ride capsule?

Thanks!

TheDisneyGirl02

Every time I have gone on M:S with the exception of one time, I rode single rider. They have space sickness bags on board, so you should be ok. I always stress to the people (if they are first time riders) the importance of not looking around and just staring at the screen. It could save you time (and clean clothing) in the long run! Have fun!

TheDisneyGirl02

Lynx04

I have only been on MS through the Single Rider line. I have never had a problem with any other person vomiting.

The only thing I find neasuous about MS is when you get off and have to walk down the hall to the gift shop, talk about protein perfume

doop

Yeah, the biggest thing is to let them know that they shouldn't be moving their head around, or they will be bound to get sick, remind them to keep there eyes on the screen.

cru5h

I've been on a ride when someone vomited (not Mission Space). It's as nasty as you'd expect it to be. It totally ruined the ride 'cause I had to sit there, restrained, while the man across from me vomited, watching his wife stick her bare hand against his mouth as though that would stop him. A little spittle hit me in the lip and you'd swear it was acid. I hauled off the ride and ran for the restroom and scrubbed my lip for 5 minutes. I wasn't mad at the guy. It wasn't his fault he puked.

I don't remember MS being such a ride that I wanted to vomit, but I have a really strong stomach when it comes to being spun and shaken. Just make a note of where the barfbags are when you get on and you should be good to go. Have fun.

Atta83

I havent been on the ride when someone has had a nice protien spill. Though I have heard it to happen though. As long as the instructions are followed during the ride many should be alright. The bags they have there for those spills are nice additions as well.

gobuckeye@wdw

Account Suspended
Ohhhhhhhh!!! That could get really messy if someone "spilled" in the middle of the ride. Well I guess the protein would fly all over the capsule if he or she spilled in the middle of the ride!!!!!! Ewwwwww!!!! YUCK!!!!!!!!

Well........ I'm glad I always ride with people I know!!!!! Trust me, Indy 95, Testtrack 321, and I have the strongest stomachs in the WORLD!!!!!! We seriously rode M:S 20 min. after eating a HUGE DINNER at Alfredo's and we were fine!!!!

Legacy

gobuckeye@wdw said:
Well........ I'm glad I always ride with people I know!!!!! Trust me, Indy 95, Testtrack 321, and I have the strongest stomachs in the WORLD!!!!!! We seriously rode M:S 20 min. after eating a HUGE DINNER at Alfredo's and we were fine!!!!
Yep... you convinced me. You really have the strongest stomachs in the world.

:rolleyes:

Indy95

Actually I think it takes more than 20 minutes just to get from Italy to M:S, but oh well.

I think that most of this unpleasantness could be avoided if they had benches, drinking fountains and a bathroom outside of both simulator exit points. I think both exits have benches, but only one has a drinking fountain and there are NO bathrooms near any of the two exits. This is surprising, given the amount of "air discomfort sickness ratio" (made-up term by me) that Disney was expecting for the attraction.

TheOneVader

With the Gs and all, if they puked, wouldn't it just fly into their own face? Sorry, I don't mean to be sickening with this comment or anything...

The_CEO

I have been lucky NOT to be in one of the pods during a spill.. I hope to keep the count to 0.. Most of the time I get my own pod when I go.

Captain Hank

So far, so good with protein spills. I've only ever ridden single rider, but I did start a pre-flight "keep your head back and don't look away from the screen" talk. Thus far, I have yet to be in a pod that's been..."decorated."

makscopes

The very first time I rode MS the boy next to me got sick. I dont mean to be gross, but the upchuck went right down on his chest like a magnet. Very little of it went anywhere else. THANK THE LORD!!!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
makscopes said:
The very first time I rode MS the boy next to me got sick. I dont mean to be gross, but the upchuck went right down on his chest like a magnet. Very little of it went anywhere else. THANK THE LORD!!!

I was thinking that this would be what happened. Given the number of G's being pulled and that fact that the skin on your face peels back, I would guess that the "liquid sustanence" would stay with its owner.....

Not For Sale

Wouldnt the...protein travel the opposite direction when it's moving? With the exception of the weightless part, you should be soaked with their lunch the second they hurl.

But just to be safe: IF the pod is traveling to the right of you then you want to sit all the way to the right. Thay way, the puke won't reach you (unless they lean over you and start juicing their bile on your new shorts, which is impossible with the restraints.) For example, a loading situation like so...

1234--+ +--1234
------------------
4321--+ +--4321

The "------------------" represents the doorways leading from the "holding pen" to the pods. As you can see by my (beautiful) diagram, you would want to sit at 4 if you're on the left or right, considering if the centrifuge spins right (clockwise).

If a CM could inform me which way it spins, I can make the necessary adjustments to this.

If all else fails, wear a poncho

se8472

Only thing I have had happen on M:S was when a guy got in with me and soooooooooo did not like being in closed, small, dark spaces.

Needless to say he freaked, banged on the door so hard I thought it would fly open and kill him (since he was on that side of the pod).

So yeah the ride sucked and I just sat there the whole time. Its not the end of the world. Thats just life and what happens when you are a in public. If your really upset, just ask to ride again. I am sure the CM's will be more then understanding.

But I have given blood and went on M:S 15 mins later....also eatten and been on within 10 mins. No big deal here.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
se8472 said:
But I have given blood and went on M:S 15 mins later....also eatten and been on within 10 mins. No big deal here.

Dang, I didnt know there was a new attraction at Epcot that required blood to ride. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom