Mission:SPACE preview update

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Originally posted by fastpassguy23
please check the mission space website it will say august 15th

Correct but the official press release stats

22 April 2003: Disney have officially announced that the soft-opening date for Mission Space previews is August 15 2003!

The full official opening is set for October 2003.

AndyMagic

please check the mission space website it will say august 15th
This is what has been causing so much confusion when it comes to the opening of the ride. The OFFICIAL website says August 15th and every news station and website say August 15th yet Disney is officially calling it a soft-opening and says a grand opening ceremony is planned for October. So basically, everyone except the people who visit these boards have even the slightest clue that the August 15th date is a soft opening at all. The entire opening schedule of M:S baffles me in every way. In my opinion, the true official opening is August 15th with a huge "ceremony" planned for October and the only reason Disney is calling August 15th a "preview opening" is so that if it breaks, they can use that as an excuse. As for the other two centrifuges, it is misleading to say they are "under construction," as they have been built for quite some time now. They just haven't been through all the testing necessary to open them to guests yet.

dxwwf3

Originally posted by orlpassholder
To my knwoledge the ride is complete. They are currently only running two centrifuges to see if any errors or issues arise they would then use the two closed centrifuges to tweak and test before rolling out a final live product

Right. Why else would have Imagineering "handed over" the attraction if there still had to be major construction. This is why I can't figure out why there wouldnt be any sneek peeks in July. Even for just a day or two a week with very limited capacity would be sufficient :) I know I'm probably just saying this because this is when I will be down there but it seems if the ride is good enough to be open last week I don't see why they couldn't open it up a bit in July. Otherwise we might have to change our vacation plans.

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Originally posted by wannabeBelle
Can anyone confirm the passholder Previews as I would really like to book my weekend trip!! Belle

Annual Passholder preview days, August 1-3 2003 is the confirmed date

AndyMagic

it says no where in the article of the official site anything about the opening in october.
As I said, the only places that announced the October official opening were Disney fansites. Hence the confusion.

Centrifugeer

Two centrifuges, or ride rooms, were turned over to EPCOT Operations right at the end of May. Shortly after that Disney had unannounced public previews of M: S, as well as cast and contractor previews. When the other two ride rooms are turned over (construction is, for all intents and purposes, complete), more than likely, EPCOT will be opening those up too, unannounced to the public for testing purposes. Also, they will probably want to test out the total throughput of M: S, as well as give the CMs experience, when all four ride rooms are up and running.

So, more than likely M: S will be opening again to the public after this week is over. While they are exstatic with the results and the responses so far, more data needs to be gathered to get the complete picture of the intricacies of M: S.

joshl33

NO TESTS THIS WEEK

On Monday about 4:15 I arrived at Epcot with a prayer. Please be open at least for cast members. I went through the gate running, pushing old women and children out of the way. I arrived and saw the gate up. A custodial employee came out of the building. I asked if there was anyone inside. He informed me that they just poured a plastic coating on the floor and no one could even work in there for at least a few days. I cried with the children, cursed Disney and left. VERY SAD INDEED.

AndyMagic

Re: NO TESTS THIS WEEK

Originally posted by joshl33
On Monday about 4:15 I arrived at Epcot with a prayer. Please be open at least for cast members. I went through the gate running, pushing old women and children out of the way. I arrived and saw the gate up. A custodial employee came out of the building. I asked if there was anyone inside. He informed me that they just poured a plastic coating on the floor and no one could even work in there for at least a few days. I cried with the children, cursed Disney and left. VERY SAD INDEED.
I'm sorry to hear that. A plastic coasting?? Hmmm, that's strange. Did he happen to say when or if they plan on having guest/cast previews again?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom