Mission:SPACE preview update

orlpassholder

Original Poster
People have already been asking, and I could not find if this had been covered in another thread so pardon if I am repeating something.

Last I heard from CM friends. There is NO public scheduled test rides this week at all (6-15/22 2003). The next CM preview is set for July sometime.

Now mind you things could change!! But please do not schedule your plans around the attraction being open this week.

wannabeBelle

Hey there, Maybe you can help me with a question I have. I was toying with the idea of popping down to Disney for the Pasholder Preview for MS in the beginning of August. If I bring someone (and I do mean one person not a whole tour group!!) with me who is NOT A passholder will they be allowed on with me?? I ask because Id kinda like to not be all alone for the entire weekend...although it may end up that way!!! Thanks for any help you can give!!! Belle

wannabeBelle

According to the What's New Page part of this site the passholder previews will take place on the first weekend in August!!!! Belle

AndyMagic

Originally posted by orlpassholder
People have already been asking, and I could not find if this had been covered in another thread so pardon if I am repeating something.

Last I heard from CM friends. There is NO public scheduled test rides this week at all (6-15/22 2003). The next CM preview is set for July sometime.

Now mind you things could change!! But please do not schedule your plans around the attraction being open this week.
Thanks for the update. Does this mean the following week (23rd - 27th) it will also be closed? I have heard that they usually shut down the ride for a week to do some fine tuning before re-opening it. Is that what this week is for? Thanks in advance.

dxwwf3

All I can do is hope that it's open in some form or fashion before July 22. I don't care if one centerfuge is open and I have to wait 5 hours :lol: . I've just gotta have one ride on my trip :)

dizpins14

I was told that there would be no guest previews of Mission Space until the soft opening of Aug 15th. This comes from a pretty high up manager that I met in the que area when I rode Mission Space this past week. I was in the last group so he got in the line behind us and we started talking. This could be false because I talked to several Mission Space cast members when I was there and they had no clue they were going to be open those days, however this guy I think was the manager of EPCOT from what I gathered in the conversation.

dxwwf3

Originally posted by dizpins14
I was told that there would be no guest previews of Mission Space until the soft opening of Aug 15th. This comes from a pretty high up manager that I met in the que area when I rode Mission Space this past week. I was in the last group so he got in the line behind us and we started talking. This could be false because I talked to several Mission Space cast members when I was there and they had no clue they were going to be open those days, however this guy I think was the manager of EPCOT from what I gathered in the conversation.

I totally believe you but that just dosen't make any sense to me. That goes against everything that has been done in years past of letting an attraction work its way up to the "soft opening" so on the big press day it will be fully operational. And of course I wouldn't put it past Disney employees to flat out lie to somebody about something like this. I was told earlier in my trip last week that there was absolutely no chance whatsoever of M:S opening anytime before Aug 15. And we all know how that turned out.

CoraJack

Account Suspended
If it's shut down through the 22nd, does that mean it will reopen the 23rd? That's our last day there and we were going to stop by and try to get a ride.

Can anyone help? I'd hate to waste my last day waiting around if someone knows something.

Thanks!
Christina
2 Days 7 Hrs 12 Mins 1 Secs
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Originally posted by wannabeBelle
Hey there, Maybe you can help me with a question I have. I was toying with the idea of popping down to Disney for the Pasholder Preview for MS in the beginning of August. If I bring someone (and I do mean one person not a whole tour group!!) with me who is NOT A passholder will they be allowed on with me?? I ask because Id kinda like to not be all alone for the entire weekend...although it may end up that way!!! Thanks for any help you can give!!! Belle

If my memory serves me right. When they did the AP preview @ Animal Kingdom for Dinoland's new ride. I thought it was for passholders only. I dont remember seeing anything about able to to bring in non-passholders

I know they allowed non-passholders in the passholder lounges when they where open. As Long as the passholder was with the person.

If I am right I am going to say No they will not allow anyone who is a non-passholder.

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Re: Re: Mission:SPACE preview update

Originally posted by AndyMagic
Thanks for the update. Does this mean the following week (23rd - 27th) it will also be closed? I have heard that they usually shut down the ride for a week to do some fine tuning before re-opening it. Is that what this week is for? Thanks in advance.

Sorry no answer there. Some information might come out this week, but as for now I have not heard of any more previews till the well known August Date

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Originally posted by CoraJack
If it's shut down through the 22nd, does that mean it will reopen the 23rd? That's our last day there and we were going to stop by and try to get a ride.

Can anyone help? I'd hate to waste my last day waiting around if someone knows something.

Thanks!
Christina
2 Days 7 Hrs 12 Mins 1 Secs
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Some information might come out this week, but as for now I have not heard of any more previews till the well known August Date

mandib

Hmm now I just need a way to get down there. Well if we buy a house which we're probably going to next month then maybe I could squeeze a trip in before highschool starts. Hmm..

Langdonj

Sorry to ask a newby question, but when you say passholder preview, I assume annual passholder?

Have none of the previous previews allowed the average Joe or Jane to slip in?:veryconfu

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Originally posted by Langdonj
Sorry to ask a newby question, but when you say passholder preview, I assume annual passholder?

Have none of the previous previews allowed the average Joe or Jane to slip in?:veryconfu

No problem on the question. Correct on the thinking the average person would not be permited into a preview. Unless rules have changed.

PhotoDave219

Originally posted by Langdonj

Occasionally, Disney will run a few cycles of guinnea pigs through, meaning average guests who just are lucky enough to be in the right place and the right spot. Those are the times when the average joe can get to ride this before the soft opening in August. Within the past 2 weeks, Disney did some of the guinnea pig testing but seems to have stopped it while they continue to build the rest of the ride.

As of the last official info put forth by Disney, M:S 's Soft Opening wont be happening until August.

space42

Originally posted by PhotoDave219
Occasionally, Disney will run a few cycles of guinnea pigs through, meaning average guests who just are lucky enough to be in the right place and the right spot. Those are the times when the average joe can get to ride this before the soft opening in August. Within the past 2 weeks, Disney did some of the guinnea pig testing but seems to have stopped it while they continue to build the rest of the ride.

As of the last official info put forth by Disney, M:S 's Soft Opening wont be happening until August.

Good point.

Remember.. the attraction has not finished construction yet. They still have two more centrifuges to complete before August. It could be that we have seen all of the guinnea pig testing already. They got the data they needed to get before installing the rest of the attraction.

Also, the Official opening of Mission: Space is in October. That leaves plenty of time after the soft opening in August to work out the kinks before the grand opening.

fastpassguy23

i keep hearing that the ride opening date is august 15th not in october it says it right on the mission space website and on a florida news report as well.

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Originally posted by space42
Good point.

Remember.. the attraction has not finished construction yet. They still have two more centrifuges to complete before August. It could be that we have seen all of the guinnea pig testing already. They got the data they needed to get before installing the rest of the attraction.

Also, the Official opening of Mission: Space is in October. That leaves plenty of time after the soft opening in August to work out the kinks before the grand opening.

To my knwoledge the ride is complete. They are currently only running two centrifuges to see if any errors or issues arise they would then use the two closed centrifuges to tweak and test before rolling out a final live product

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Originally posted by fastpassguy23
i keep hearing that the ride opening date is august 15th not in october it says it right on the mission space website and on a florida news report as well.

Thats the official soft opening with the GRAND opening being in October

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom