Mission Space Opening Date Confirmed

Here in Miami, a local version of Access Hollywood/Inside Edition talked about the opening of Mission Space and the Expedition Everest.....not any new info except for the fact that she was standing in front of the plaza at dusk of Mission Space and the Earth was rotating (which I never knew) and the space shuttle had a colored plume behind it that changes color.....really looked nice....very well done.

lakersfan17

according to the orlando sentinel the official opening date for mission space is august 15th. soft openings should begin in june and will continue in july.

919Florida

According to everything I have read and every site I ahve seen it has said that official opening date for mission space is august 15th.

I hope I get to see it on my vacation June 29th-July 6. I am hoping for soft opening also. :sohappy:

CTXRover

I think DogsRule! was right on the money with what seems to be happening. Since Aug 15th is simply a soft opening (I 100% trust Steve :) ), Disney seems to have made a huge mistake announcing a date for it. There is no problem if the "media" reports this right, but it seems nearly all "media-type" reports on MS iindicate that Aug 15th is the official opening, not simply a preview or soft-opening.

If the opening around Aug 15th is to smooth things out in the ride, it was probably a dumb idea to announce that date to the media. If it wasn't for this site, I wouldn't know that this is only a soft opening date when things could (and probably will) go wrong. Just my thoughts.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
WESH TV also reported the August 15th date as being the soft opening.

It does seem strange that they would announce it, but I have faith that they know what they're doing. Things seem to be going smoothly over there. They've been testing the ride system for quite some time, and August is still months away.

Did Test Track ever have actual guests test ride it before the soft opening? If MS is currently letting a few lucky people try it out, I can't see much of a problem down the road.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
here's a quote from the article on the cast portal:

Walt Disney World President Al Weiss announced on April 22 that Mission: SPACE at Epcot will debut in a soft-opening phase on Aug. 15 and celebrate its grand opening in October. The attraction will launch Epcot guests on a simulated space adventure, where they'll play active roles in a space mission.

Bagheera

Originally posted by CTXRover
If the opening around Aug 15th is to smooth things out in the ride, it was probably a dumb idea to announce that date to the media. If it wasn't for this site, I wouldn't know that this is only a soft opening date when things could (and probably will) go wrong. Just my thoughts.

And everyone else will flood to the parks during the summer and jack the head count way up and bring in lots of dough for the company for an attraction that may or may not be up much of the time. And if people complain, they can say "we said that it was a soft open and the official opening isn't until October."

MicBat

Now I know it will definitely be open when I'm up there in January!!! :sohappy: :lol: Great reporting, Pam!! Thank you!

freaklarm

I dont mean to be rude withi this, but why is so hard so understand that in internal letter to CM the PRESIDENT of the resort, not a public relationist, said that soft openings are in Aug and official opening in Oct. Who care about the exact day the importat thing that this ride will open soon and that if you cant ride it now, maybe in the future you will, I mean, you cant expect Disney to open the ride May, June, or July just beacause thats the day of your trip.

schmott

Will they be doing any more ocassional "beta testing" before August 15th?

I am going in July and would like to ride it any chance I get!! :hammer:

Tim G

Originally posted by DogsRule!
Amazing news. Amazing ride. By the way, it will be open for your July visit. Soft openings begin in June!!!!

Huh!!!

Soft openings start on August 15th 2003

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom