Mission Space Opening Date Confirmed

stingrock23

This is the best news i've heard in a while.

I was hoping it would be open when i go in October, and now it's a pretty sure thing that it will be.

I'm salivating at the chance to experience this attraction.

It's been a good day today.

Testtrack321

SO I CAN RIDE IT THIS TRIP! :D

How much would you say it would be open Dogs in mid to late July? Every day? Every other? Part of the day?

MsSnuzi

Awesome!

:D
I'm excited to hear about the opening of M:S, I can't wait to hear about from everybody. Lots of pictures please!

jwbeck3

DAMN, now I can't go on it if I go the first week of August..............UGHHHHHHHHHHH I was excited all day because I thought Aug. 15 was Official Opening, but now that is the start of previews.

wdwfan22

Originally posted by DogsRule!
Amazing news. Amazing ride. By the way, it will be open for your July visit. Soft openings begin in June!!!!

Soft Openings begin August 15, 2003. The official opening will be in October 2003.

ToTBellHop

This is bogus. Disney has NEVER announced soft openings...so they are going to get people flooding the ride on August 15th and it will be broken down 90% of the day. Idiotic move, Disney.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by The_CEO
Who cares... It will be open! And people... There is this thing called FastPass?
Do not expect the Fastpass machines to be on when the ride is broken down 90% of the time. Disney does not want to ________ off more guests than they are already going to.

Irrawaddy Erik

This is bogus. Disney has NEVER announced soft openings...so they are going to get people flooding the ride on August 15th and it will be broken down 90% of the day. Idiotic move, Disney.
It could go either way. By saying it's a soft opening it lets people know that the attraction might not be up all the time. Instead of an opening like test track had in which in which the ride opened and it was down all the time.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by The_CEO
Why do you say 90 % of the time? They will be testing before hand.

If this is truly a soft opening, due to the nature of soft openings, it will be closed more than it is open. I'm still hoping "preview" is not synonymous with "soft opening"...and maybe August 15 is still conservative. I dunno though--this just ticks me off.:fork:

Irrawaddy Erik

If this is truly a soft opening, due to the nature of soft openings, it will be closed more than it is open. I'm still hoping "preview" is not synonymous with "soft opening"...and maybe August 15 is still conservative. I dunno though--this just ticks me off.:fork:
A soft open is usually that a preview to see the responce that people give to the attraction. You also have to remember that Cast previews will probably be the weeks leading up to the 15th just so the Cast can practice loading with ppl that don't know the attraction.

dxwwf3

The biggest thing is that we had some misleading information earlier which got everyone's hopes up and now of course us July vacationers are going to be upset and mad. It will be easier for me to get over because I am honestly not expecting as much out of this ride as I once was. Do I think it will be as good as Tower of Terror, Splash Mountain, or Spiderman? Of course I don't but I do hope that it is up there with Test Track and Big Thunder Mountain. So this is still very upsetting news. At least I'll get to see the new Tower of Terror 4 programs :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom