mission space October?

space42

Originally posted by aust
Could soft opening be as early as late october Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!!!!
yes? no?:confused:

Mission Space opens Spring 2003.

Soft openings probably in early winter 2003.

wdwfan22

Originally posted by aust
Could soft opening be as early as late october Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!!!!
yes? no?:confused:

I would guess the soft opening would be March 2003
Official opening April 2003

Teamdisney

Soft Opening

Unless things change and start moving faster the opening for Space will be in May 2003, with a possible soft opening last April, but don't count on it. There seems to be new peoblems to be worked out on a daily basis.

WDWFREAK53

People People People :)

Think about this for a minute...Just look at us...WE are the reason that it will NOT be open BEFORE spring of 2003...We are the ones hyping this ride (and we should...because we're all excited).

:lol: jk

but really...a lot of people are wondering when the soft opening will be. Isn't the soft opening (if they have one at all) usually only like a week or two BEFORE the grand opening of the attraction (unless there are bugs that need to be fixed)? Late October, Thanksgiving week, Christmas week...they are all MONTHS and MONTHS in advance...

I dunno, I'm gonna go with what most people are saying...I'm gonna say that the grand opening will be the second week of May with the soft opening the last week of April.

mbro2002

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
People People People :)

Isn't the soft opening (if they have one at all) usually only like a week or two BEFORE the grand opening of the attraction (unless there are bugs that need to be fixed)? Late October, Thanksgiving week, Christmas week...they are all MONTHS and MONTHS in advance...

No, soft openings can be months in advance of grand openings. Grand opening dates are set well in advance and VERY conservatively so that if something does go wrong, they have room to fall back.

Doing soft openings only a few weeks before grand opening makes very little sense. The point of doing a soft opening is to give the Operations team time to learn their ride and to make any necessary adjustments. Many of these lessons can't be learned doing limited tests or even cast previews. When I was at Animal Kingdom for test and adjust, we had people coming in as early as the middle of February, when the park didn't open until April 22nd.

Grand openings are little more than formalities, anyway. The dates are set by corporate so that they can have a big party. After Test Track, they don't even worry about being accurate because of what can go wrong with telling guest a ride will be open when it isn't. Regardless of this, WDI will open the ride when they are ready, which from what I've seen will probably be well in advance of March or April.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Re: Soft Opening

Originally posted by Teamdisney
Unless things change and start moving faster the opening for Space will be in May 2003, with a possible soft opening last April, but don't count on it. There seems to be new peoblems to be worked out on a daily basis.

You seem very confident in your predictions - where have you obtained these dates from ??

ToTBellHop

Given past soft opening schedules, this attraction may be open for soft opening President's Week of next year (assuming April is the opening month...). Just plan on a soft opening around two months before whatever official opening date is released...and who knows when disney will release that date...

GaryT977

Not to sound like a compete amateur, but what exactly is a 'soft opening'? Does this mean the ride is open to the public for everyone?

DanStat

Originally posted by GaryT977
Not to sound like a compete amateur, but what exactly is a 'soft opening'? Does this mean the ride is open to the public for everyone?

The ride is open to every one. Universal Studios calls it "Technical Testing".

I hope it opens before April!

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
You guys can cross your fingers, but October is just kinda... well... out there. Late March, early April sounds about right. But hey, we all can dream right?? :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom