Mission: Space Info? Possible Spoilers

isnet396

Pre-testing does not exist unless you're working on the ride itself. Otherwise, its only soft openings for the public. Expect them coming around late winter of next year (around march or so) to summer. This is only a guess. I have no clue what the real info is. :/

Ian

jcrb

Ok I know I'm probably wrong but I remember someone in my high school won a chance to pre-test Test Track.

Also I know/think testing going on because I spoken to a greeter than said he tried it already.

ocolectr

Originally posted by jcrb
Also I know/think testing going on because I spoken to a greeter than said he tried it already.

No one has ridden the actual ride yet to my knowledge. There have been other posts about the post show game testing that has happened. Perhaps this is what the greeter was refering to?

From what I have been able to find out, it looks like Spring 2003 may be the earliest they will begin previews with grand opening scheduled for that following Summer.

Of course, this is all subject to change!

Lance

Ok, on a trip to Epcot this past Friday, I was walking toward Space, when I see something glowing and changing colors.....well it was none other than the OFFICIAL Mission:Space SIGN......

The sign is on the planet earth that is in the middle of the courtyard, and the exhaust of the space ship is the part of the sign that lights up and changes color every 5 seconds or so. And the "Mission:Space" words are on the sign lit up and looking great.....

I think we can get excited, looks like the walls may be coming down, I'm going to go out on a limb and say the walls are down by Thanksgiving..........

Grimone24

Re: Mission Space is spacing me out man?

Originally posted by A Kind Of Magic
Since the ride "Mission: Space" operates in zero g forces to replicate weightlessness I am assuming before you go on it you must sighn a release form document waver stating its okay if you loose your keys and lunch on the ride?

No way Disney would never have you go through such a hasle. When they say zero g it is for like 2-3 seconds more than that and it would have to be in space. LOL they wouldent have you sign a thing!

Testtrack321

Re: Re: Mission Space is spacing me out man?

Originally posted by Grimone24
No way Disney would never have you go through such a hasle. When they say zero g it is for like 2-3 seconds more than that and it would have to be in space. LOL they wouldent have you sign a thing!

He's kiding, and is that Rocker in your Avitar?

Also, there will be ATLEAST 30 seconds of weightlessness on this ride.

Passport

I was walking past Mission Space today and was asked if I would try a post ride game and give them my opinion. Of course I said yes. There were about 40 guests waiting. We were given a cold beverage and had to sign an agreement. I can't say what it was like, but I will say I wasn't disappointed. Remember, I was only in the post ride area and was not allowed to take pictures or touch anything (except the game.)
Did anybody else go today?

Testtrack321

Originally posted by Passport
I was walking past Mission Space today and was asked if I would try a post ride game and give them my opinion. Of course I said yes. There were about 40 guests waiting. We were given a cold beverage and had to sign an agreement. I can't say what it was like, but I will say I wasn't disappointed. Remember, I was only in the post ride area and was not allowed to take pictures or touch anything (except the game.)

NEATO!!! Anyway, more info is on the way from my sources. First, as I said before, the opening WON'T be in the Spring. It will be the earlyes (sp?) would be July 1st. Latest would be November.

Second, expect it to be interactive (previously reported) and that you'll line up for the ride differently than in other rides. This means that you will go through the pre-show verymuch like Test Track, but you'll be already split up into fours.

Also, anybody want to start to guess who's the actors in the ride movie? Are they famous or are they duds?

If their famous, I'm gunning for Anderson Cooper as the guy and I don't know who should be the girl.

Lance

I was at Epcot last nite, and the planet earth that has the sign wrapped around it is now rotating, but the sign wasn't lit up.

jcrb

How where you picked to test the post game? Did you just wait outside. Did you ask guest relationship?

isnet396

You probably played the same one that RobFL did. Look back for his post. Its some space-race type of program thingy.....perhaps.

Ian

Passport

Originally posted by jcrb
How where you picked to test the post game? Did you just wait outside. Did you ask guest relationship?
Everybody who walked by Mission Space was asked. Not everyone did it since they said it would take about an hour.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

For anyone that is interested, there is a description of the post show area here...

http://missionspace.wdwmagic.com/space_pavilion_ridesystem.htm

AndyMagic

Is it true that the earliest opening will be July 1st?? I'm going down there on June 15th and I was really hoping to take a ride. Is there any hope of a soft opening like 2 weeks before the 1st?

Toonfinder

I too was able to partake in the post-show testing... but not on the 5th, but rather on the 8th. And I too signed the non-disclosure agreement about what we would be doing inside exactly... but nothing about the outside part of the show building.
All I can say is that I cannot wait for this attraction to open.

But I will say this much... the post-show experience was great. A bit confusing at the bit, but soon understandable a bit into it... but I play videogames a lot so that may help out too. But the lady besides me was clueless as to what she was supposed to be doing exactly. Oh well... maybe they'll actually work on the spiel part of this post-show. And that's it... :)

Testtrack321

Originally posted by AndyMagic
Is it true that the earliest opening will be July 1st?? I'm going down there on June 15th and I was really hoping to take a ride. Is there any hope of a soft opening like 2 weeks before the 1st?

My sources say an OPENING on July 1st, but testing with guests will happen earlier. Test Track had a testing period with guests of over 6 months.

skipy27

Originally posted by AndyMagic

Ditto to that, i'm going in the beginning of June and if the ride isn't open i'm gonna stand outside the construction walls waiting for a test ride until someone makes me!:mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom