Mission Space-Horizons Link

ChrisH9339

Original Poster
Not sure if anyone's noticed or posted this, but in the center of the gravity wheel in the Mission Space queue is a very small Horizons logo.
A friend of mine was with me and noticed it, and we had been on MS dozens of times and never seen this. I was wondering if anyone had before.
Also, if you might know of any other refurbished rides that contain tributes to their predecessor? The only other one I know of is the picture of Mr. Toad handing over the deed to "his" ride to Owl in Pooh.

Here's a pic of it: Mission Space Gravity Wheel

Also was able to sample Sunshine Seasons last night. Definitely set up like the hotel quick service joints. All the food is defintely fresh, and while a few extra bucks, seemed worth it. Plus, much to my happy surprise, it participates in the Disney Dining Experience!

Brent

I can't seem to find it could you help me to find it from the pic please. Also this & the toad refrence are the only ones I have herd of. I would be interested in seeing if there are more.

ChrisH9339

Original Poster
It's in the center of the hatch in the picture, right in the center (hub) of the wheel. Circular and black, with silver in it.

TheDisneyMagic

I noticed this the first time I ever rode M;S I suppose I was on the look out for some form of tribute to Horizons and it got my attention immedietly.

There is also a Horizons logo I believe in the gift shop on the counter.
:)

General Grizz

VERY nice to have the logo on the giant washing machine. The gift shop logo is reminiscent, but not exact.

There are two Dreamfinder tributes in Journey into Imagination with Figment... as well as potential World of Motion and Horizons tributes.

There is a tribute to the original Universe of Energy in Ellen's Energy Adventure...

Number_6

If they are the ones Grizz is thinking of for Imagination, then there is a door marked "Dean Finder"(Dreamfinder) which is just before the Medfield College Computer lab(No Tennis Shoes). There is also an image of Dreamfinders "blimp" in the room near the end with lots of Figments doing different things. The image is on the sheet music to "One Little Spark." There is also a hidden Mickey in that room off to the far right. Three of the glittery gold circles there form a hidden Mickey.

General Grizz

Sure... Number 6 just posted the Dreamfinder Tributes.

As for World of Motion, Figment's purple footprints that light up in the descent tunnel to the current finale are reminscent of the footprints that used to light up in the very first scene of World of Motion.

In the Universe of Energy, as guests are loaded into the final showroom, a Jeopardy Announcer announces a product whose slogan is: "Energy, you make the world go round!" If you remember, that was the title of one of the original Universe of Energy theme songs.

As for Horizons in Imagination, Nigel Channing's face in the moon is remiscent of the man-in-the-moon showpiece in Mission Space's predecessor.

Number_6

General Grizz said:
Sure... Number 6 just posted the Dreamfinder Tributes.

Hey, those are the only ones I was sure of. But after reading the others you mentioned, yeah I saw them, but just hadn't really thought of it like that.

Number_6

General Grizz said:
Likewise, you made me aware of the Hidden Mickey. :D

There's one in the vision lab as well, in the eye chart room. It was recently added I think. It's on the left-hand table, near the middle of the table.

bjunderwood

im sure you have noticed this but there is an x-s logo in the gift shop after exiting SGE (the best part of the attraction in my opinion). it is on the right.

s2jrston

Brent said:
I can't seem to find it could you help me to find it from the pic please. Also this & the toad refrence are the only ones I have herd of. I would be interested in seeing if there are more.

ChrisH9339 said:
It's in the center of the hatch in the picture, right in the center (hub) of the wheel. Circular and black, with silver in it.

http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/data/500/P7040049a.JPG

Try this link. It's a little closer. I was wondering if anybody had a picture of the original Horizon's logo to compare? BTW, that picture was taken on Friday, July 04, 2003, 3:58:12 PM.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Here you go:

Attachments

• horizons logo.jpg
    horizons logo.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 44

Pirate665

Holy Jezz! That is it!! That is so cool! I love Horizons. I miss it so much. I thought I reconginized that thing. I just couldn't place it...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom