Mission: Space FastPass Distributors are Complete

BradleyJ

Originally posted by ntn_haqqer
I think it opened late 98/early 99. I remember being at Epcot in June '99 with my family and going on Test Track together

Test Track began it's CM and public Guest Testing in Mid. December 1998.

It ran off and on for several Months before it had it's official Grand Opening in March of 1999.

leeocean

I'm counting on it being open in May 2003. I'm waiting to plan my next trip around it but may go sooner if it's not going to be open then. Whaddya think?

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by leeocean
I'm counting on it being open in May 2003. I'm waiting to plan my next trip around it but may go sooner if it's not going to be open then. Whaddya think?

If April is the target "grand opening" date...do you think that it'll have a soft opening as early as the last week of february???

ocolectr

Originally posted by Scar Junior

Nooooooooo, now I'm sorry Copper... But now it appears you're wrong and i was there during the grand and official opening- now it appears you're wrong.

P.S. It's okay to be wrong. Most people are usually wrong about things. Don't let it get you down! Have a nice day! :wave:

:eek: WOW!

Then what was I doing transferring there in October of 1998 to help on the Test & Adjust crew, working Cast Preview in mid-December, and helping to get things set up for the Grand Opening Press Event on March 17, 1999?

I guess it was all just a bad dream.... :snore:

:D You have a nice day, too! :D

cymbaldiva

Re: "NEW AND IMPROVED"

Originally posted by bdhowell
Space is going to have its FastPass system incorporated with the rides main computer. This system will tell the distribution machienes how fast the loaders are loading the ride, and give out a return time based on that information. That is what I meant by "new and improved.":)

Thank You! I'm not proud...when I have a question, I'll ask! :D I appreciate the info!

darkennon

Banned
Originally posted by Scar Junior

It opened Spring 1999. I was there the second day it opened (i was told by a CM -and well know how trustworthy they are!).

Actually, the first public soft opening occurred in mid-December 1998. I was there that first night. It was directlt after the CM previews.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I believe the rumors were that the walls will be down before the end of the year.....The inside won't be ready for awhile, but that plaza will open up.

It will look nice, if nothing else.

They're painting the exterior now, which is a good sign, so I'd guess within a couple of months we'll be able to walk up to the building.

disneyreports

The Fastpass system at many of the attractions already has the ability to communicate with the ride control systems... Basically it looks for a photocell count of how many total guests enter the attraction for a given hour... The Fastpass system then adjusts the distribution rate according the the number of guest carried...

Kenan

ive heard about the walls coming down as early as September. again, this is just word of mouth. no one really knows for sure except the high up execs. i just cant wait. the only thing im frightened about is the single riders line. i hope it aint the same as at test track. test track single rider line is horrible (sorry team). but im sure other people will agree. but thats another post.
GO EPCOT FASTPASS!!! WOO HOO!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom