Mission: Space and NASA

imagineer boy

Original Poster
Since the new Mission: Space will have a small moment where the riders are weightless, do you suppose Disney could sell this simulator technology to NASA to train new Astronauts? Disney could make hundreds, if not thousands of dollars if they sell this. Do you think it's possible?:confused:

Sir Hiss527

That would be really awesome. Disney could get millions. Anything is possible :lol:!

-Sir Hiss527-

"Stop Hissing in my Ear"!:king:

freaklarm

I don't know, I've heard that this ride was design with the advice of NASA experts, so I think that some of this new technology they already have. But who really knows, it might be a good source of income for Disney is this is the case.

SirNim

I know (?former?) NASA personnel were involved in the creation of Mission: SPACE. I am confident that NASA has access to this type of technology already, if they (NASA) hadn't pioneered it long before Disney's conception of a ride based on a journey into space based on technicalities and actual simulation as opposed to a musical journey into what the future holds in space travel: M:S is about real space travel today, as well as tomorrow. Plus, I am sure that the technology NASA has access to is far better than what Disney has, which is for a much different purpose - Entertainment as opposed to government training for a real mission to space. Trust me, the technology in M:S is watered down alot!

Bagheera

If I'm not mistaken, Disney doesn't even own the technology. The company that is building the ride specializes in this kind of stuff, and I believe that it's their technology, combined with Disney's theming. I have no recollection of whether or not the technology is used for other stuff. There's an old thread somewhere about the Mission:Space technology with a link to the company's web site and a page describing the technology without giving away everything about the ride.

Hey! I hit Junior Castmember! I guess I've been posting more than I thought!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom