Mission Space 2.0 wishlist

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Randomness
If you don't do actions, you die
Alien attack which you then shoot them!
And more

One of the drawbacks of having a simluator with 6 (or is it 8?) pods on a centrifuge is that the ride experience can't differ as far as movement, which severly limits the possibilites they have.

In other words, randomness like doing actions lead to consequences would have to be done with a completely different ride system (UNLESS the centrifuge wasn't spinning, such as the green version of the ride.)

copcarguyp71

Good point. Perhaps scoring based on accuracy then since it is really only a simulation of your real future mission anyway.

They could still randomize the missions though only all the centrifuges would have to take the same mission.

MarkTwain

1. Present the storyline as an actual voyage to Mars.
2. Retheme the Mission Control area as an explorable space station on Mars. Maybe have "teleporters" at the exit that will take you back to Earth.
3. If possible, build a Mars rover family-friendly dark ride that explores the surface of Mars, which would leave out of the space station mentioned above.

The Empress Lilly

I'd hope to see Imagination or Energy fixed first.
I agree. What's more, I think M:S is fine for what it is, as it is.
M:S is a fun ride, with a slight edge to it. Moreover, in Orlando's crowded attraction roster, M:S manages to feel unique, one-of-a-kind. It would be the last thing in current FW I would throw money at.

I wish there was a Horizons, or a fully fledged Space pavilion. But there isn't. What there does is, is a space flight simulator. And as such, M:S is actually good fun. No need to fix what isn't broken out of pipe dreams of what was or could have been.

When I ride Imagination, TT1, or Energy, I resent them. I must confess I hate them. But M:S I actually look forward too, derive pleasure from. I do realise M:S was unconnected to the demise of Horizons, so I don't hold that against it the way I do with Imagination or Energy.

The Empress Lilly

I've always thought the same thing! It does seem natural to have it over there, doesn't it?! I've always thought of MK as an adventure park and Epcot as an inspirational park. I want the large-scale, quality, heart-and-soul attractions back a Epcot! Nothing wrong with short bursts of adventure, but leave them for the more appropriately themed areas of the property.
Oh thank God! I'm not alone!

I have forever argued the above, all of it, to the letter, only to ever be met with the 'blank stare look of death' staring back at me. :cry:
The last time I passionately argued the above, she stared at me in horror, in silence, then she bend over to the man ahead of her in line, asking 'please can I just post this letter, I need to leave here', after which the unknowm old lady quickly left the post office.

But now I know I'm not mad after all!

The Empress Lilly

Add Richard Branson's Space Plane Terminal and Resort. Make that more of a Spaceport that really does something in addition to an upgraded 2.0 Ride.
That's not half bad! You should submit this to the armchair engineering subforum, see what the guys down there think!

If you work hard and hone your skills there, then perhaps one day you too could help build rides like M:S for real!!

The Empress Lilly

1. Present the storyline as an actual voyage to Mars.
2. Retheme the Mission Control area as an explorable space station on Mars. Maybe have "teleporters" at the exit that will take you back to Earth.
3. If possible, build a Mars rover family-friendly dark ride that explores the surface of Mars, which would leave out of the space station mentioned above.
That would be fun! It would echo The Living Seas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom