Missing movies on Disney+

Phroobar

Original Poster
What Disney movies are still missing from streaming on Disney+? I'm pretty sure these haven't come out. Any others?

Something Wicked This Way Comes
The Watcher in the Woods
DragonSlayer
Condorman
Moon Pilot
The Lone Ranger
Oz the Great and Powerful
Million Dollar Arm

tcool123

Make Mine Music is the only film missing from the Walt Disney Animation Studios canon on the service. If they’re trying to censor the film they should still release some of its iconic shorts like Peter and the Wolf.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Something Wicked This Way Comes
The Watcher in the Woods
DragonSlayer
Condorman
Moon Pilot
The Lone Ranger
Oz the Great and Powerful
Million Dollar Arm
Song of the South
Make Mine Music
Malificent

Phroobar

Original Poster
Song of the South isn't missing. According to The Walt Disney Company's official policy, it no longer exists.
I'll keep it since it does exist. They should at least release the animated portions. The live action portions are pretty boring anyway.

Animaniac93-98

There's a long, long list of titles not available on Disney+, including some that have either been released to blu-ray or shown on TCM HD.

I've given up hoping the majority of them will show up on the platform. It's simply not a priority for them. ☹️

seascape

I'll keep it since it does exist. They should at least release the animated portions. The live action portions are pretty boring anyway.
I actually think they should sell it on DVD with a special conversation about it. The idea of just removing movies, books and other things from the public is wrong. If we don't look at the past and learn from it we miss the education opportunity.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Remember that some of these might be tied up on other streaming services.

Also Disney is holding back various titles so they can release new things every month. Plus they take things away that are seasonal to make them exclusive to that season only.

Basically long story short they aren't going to just dump their whole back catalog (or Fox's back catalog) at one time.

Phroobar

Original Poster
"Tower of Terror" with Steve Guttenberg and Kirsten Dunst.
I have that movie in my collection.

They really need to release House of Mouse, Buzz Lightyear of Star Command and Runaway Brain. Is So Deer to my Heart been released?

erasure fan1

Basically long story short they aren't going to just dump their whole back catalog (or Fox's back catalog) at one time.
True, but they need to work a bit faster in my opinion. I'm really close to cutting my subscription for a while as there just isn't enough new content at this point to keep me interested.

MarvelCharacterNerd

I re-watched Dragonslayer not long ago, so it was on a streaming service somewhere. Vermithrax is still awesome. There's some brief nudity in a swimming scene in the film as I recall, so they'd censor it or edit it if/when it ever showed up on Disney+ as they did with Splash. Probably a better fit to just put it unedited on Hulu. Same for Adventures in Babysitting which was edited for Disney+ (for language I think).

Would really like Something Wicked This Way Comes (though that scared the heck out of me as a kid) and Watcher in the Woods (doesn't hold up great the last time I saw it, but is a classic of Disney's 1970's/1980's supernatural films and belongs on Disney right next to the Witch Mountain films.)

Disney Irish

Premium Member
True, but they need to work a bit faster in my opinion. I'm really close to cutting my subscription for a while as there just isn't enough new content at this point to keep me interested.
Maybe, but they can't just make existing contracts go away overnight. So its going to be a slow burn on adding the back catalog for awhile.

I suspect that once Hulu is fully under their control in 2024 a lot more of the back catalog will be dropped on the service. As most of the existing contracts (especially for Fox content) will expire by then. That is also when a lot more changes will come, but that is a larger conversation and one I've been having in the main D+/Hulu streaming thread.

Phroobar

Original Poster
That makes me wonder what is blocking Something Wicked This Way Comes? Is it too scary for Disney+? I think most of Dove Cameron's singing and acting is far scarier.

Animaniac93-98

That makes me wonder what is blocking Something Wicked This Way Comes? Is it too scary for Disney+? I think most of Dove Cameron's singing and acting is far scarier.

It was released to blu-ray last fall through Disney Movie Club.

I suspect some titles will remain club exclusives to encourage people to sign up.

Animaniac93-98

I re-watched Dragonslayer not long ago, so it was on a streaming service somewhere. Vermithrax is still awesome. There's some brief nudity in a swimming scene in the film as I recall, so they'd censor it or edit it if/when it ever showed up on Disney+ as they did with Splash. Probably a better fit to just put it unedited on Hulu. Same for Adventures in Babysitting which was edited for Disney+ (for language I think).

Paramount has the distribution rights in the USA, so don't expect it to come to Disney+. It was a co-production between Disney and them.

Would really like Something Wicked This Way Comes (though that scared the heck out of me as a kid) and Watcher in the Woods (doesn't hold up great the last time I saw it, but is a classic of Disney's 1970's/1980's supernatural films and belongs on Disney right next to the Witch Mountain films.)

Both were released to blu-ray last fall through DMC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom