Missed Synergy Opportunity for Epcot?

disreport

Original Poster
A few days ago to a link I posted a link at Disney Report about lifting a house with helium ballons (a.k.a. UP). Seriously, can you think of a better way to promote UP in the parks than having some sort of demonstration of this at, say, Innoventions? Or somewhere in Future World East? Its one of the few legitimate (cough cough living seas) opportunities to tie pixar characters into Epcot and they let it pass on by. Stuff like this just seems so obvious a perfect fit for the park (in its current incarnation). Has anybody heard of anything UP related coming to Epcot or the resort in general?

disreport

Original Poster
...like half the posts in these boards have anything to do with 'news and rumors'. I just thought it was interesting and wanted to see what other people here who love Epcot as much as i do thought about it.

brent2124

...like half the posts in these boards have anything to do with 'news and rumors'. I just thought it was interesting and wanted to see what other people here who love Epcot as much as i do thought about it.
Your correct half of them dont. That is why there are other section to post in. You should have posted in general discussion or chit chat. There are sections to make it easier to find information and create organization.

EPCOT Explorer

How this fits in EPCOT is beyond me.

But, if you want to better explain yourself and draw up plans, we have a Imagineering section of the forums.

jt04

A few days ago to a link I posted a link at Disney Report about lifting a house with helium ballons (a.k.a. UP). Seriously, can you think of a better way to promote UP in the parks than having some sort of demonstration of this at, say, Innoventions? Or somewhere in Future World East? Its one of the few legitimate (cough cough living seas) opportunities to tie pixar characters into Epcot and they let it pass on by. Stuff like this just seems so obvious a perfect fit for the park (in its current incarnation). Has anybody heard of anything UP related coming to Epcot or the resort in general?

Psssst...

Starting a thread that combines Epcot and Pixar is quicksand. It is an interesting thought though. Keep posting, you just might want to avoid Epcot+Pixar stuff.

Very dangerous :lookaroun

And if anybody asks, we never met :lookaroun

:lol:

uklad79

Good post in which to plug your website the Disney Report. Personally I can't see that fitting in anywhere except a small display in Innoventions.

p.s didn't Steve ban plugs for other websites in signatures?

RSoxNo1

Didn't someone mention that we'd be able to see the elevated house of Carl Frederickson from Pixar Place at some point?

SirGoofy

So, completely off the original topic, but Up is on pace to be Pixar's second highest grossing movie of all time, behind Finding Nemo. Now, Up is head over shoulders a better movie than Nemo. To all those that run the parks, use Up and WALL-E for attractions. They transcend what it is to be an "animated" movie, and deserve representation in the parks.

EPCOT Explorer

So, completely off the original topic, but Up is on pace to be Pixar's second highest grossing movie of all time, behind Finding Nemo. Now, Up is head over shoulders a better movie than Nemo. To all those that run the parks, use Up and WALL-E for attractions. They transcend what it is to be an "animated" movie, and deserve representation in the parks.

Agreed.

oh hai, Tomorrowland and Studios...:D

See how I left EPCOT out of that...?:lookaroun

ryno1982

The science and logic in "Up" is completely wrong (or it least completely imaginary), therefore it would be impossible to demonstrate lifting a house, or even a human, with balloons in Innoventions.

jt04

The science and logic in "Up" is completely wrong (or it least completely imaginary), therefore it would be impossible to demonstrate lifting a house, or even a human, with balloons in Innoventions.

They demonstrated they could lift Jim Hill in an easy chair so..............:lookaroun

:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom