Miscellaneous Tokyo Thoughts

SweetDuffy101

I heard FastPass is back but it's app-only (no more paper FP) and is limited to one ride per attraction per day.
no its still entry pass, since the resort is at very low capacity, The Parks have been opening entry pass required attractions to standby queues since there are literally low guests capacity. furthermore Both land and Sea have opened A new tour guide plan for Enchanted Tales and Soaring. Where they explain the backstory of each attraction and you will also be given a special ticket to ride. like a paid fastpass.

BasiltheBatLord

Reposting TDS trip report from the 20th anniversary thread:
I went today.

With the state of emergency capacity limit, crowds are still quite thin. Wait times for E-tickets were around 20-35 mins all day. I was able to ride Center of the Earth 3x and IJA 2x. Soaring and Midway Mania are the only attractions requiring standby pass. Soaring ran out of passes less than an hour after park opening as usual. (Also I was talking with a CM about Midway Mania and they didn’t understand what I was talking about, I forgot the official name here is “Toy Story Mania” and in typical Japanese fashion if you aren’t using the precise official name then you might as well be speaking an alien dialect).

As has been previously mentioned, the 20th anniversary stuff is limited to minor decorations, a brief “harbor greeting”, and limited time merch and food. It’s a very low profile celebration, if you go in expecting much you will likely be very disappointed.

Tower of Terror’s preshow is back, they were skipping it last time I was here. Also noticed for the first time FastPass signage has been removed from many (all?) attractions. Likely confirms that FP as it was is never returning to TDR. The kiosks are still there.

Fantasy Springs construction is well along, you can see an entire huge show building that looks completely finished, it’s already been painted go-away green. You can also make out the Neverland mountain under construction. This was the first time I’ve been to TDS where I could clearly make out where Fantasy Springs’ entrance is going to go (in-between Raging Spirits and Arabian Coast). The Toy Story Hotel looks pretty much completely finished from the outside.

I will save my thoughts on the park itself because they will likely just people off.

Happy 20th, even though it’s a minor one!
Also worth mentioning lots of reports in the past week that the Japanese government is planning a major push to re-open the economy in October/November, relying mostly on vaccine certificates. Will be interesting to see what that means for the parks. Sadly still no real movement on re-opening the borders to foreign tourists.

Last edited:

fradz

Also noticed for the first time FastPass signage has been removed from many (all?) attractions. Likely confirms that FP as it was is never returning to TDR. The kiosks are still there.

Also worth mentioning lots of reports in the past week that the Japanese government is planning a major push to re-open the economy in October/November, relying mostly on vaccine certificates. Will be interesting to see what that means for the parks. Sadly still no real movement on re-opening the borders to foreign tourists.

It's kinda strange, but at my home park I didn't care that much that they were getting rid of FP. But for Tokyo it actually makes me genuinely sad. I hope the replacement will not be too bad.

Also hoping that by Spring, borders will be re-opened for vaccinated tourists.

BasiltheBatLord

SweetDuffy101

Extremely lame upcharge event for Halloween this year: https://tdrexplorer.com/tokyo-disneyland-special-halloween-2021-ticketed-event

You get access to the park 2 hours early, get to dress up in a costume (but only if its from a Disney movie) and get to watch a re-skinned character cavalcade.

Random little thing: Song of the South is not included in the big list of Disney movies you're allowed to take your costume from.
Pandemic Protocol/ Last minute government regulation changes.

Plus this isnt the first time disney had an upcharged event theyve been doing it in the past
with disney Fun Run Where you get an commemorative Medal plus An early access to park plus tons of photo ops, With complimentary snacks and drinks.

This halloween has some commemorative stuff,
plus you can get in without doing cosplay.
Get early access to the park a special version of the greeting parade(Spooky Boo parade float).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom