Mirror thrown in bushes next to Monorail

scottnj1966

Castlemirror09-22-2006.jpg

Here is one of the pictures I took yesterday

Magic Maker

I am sure by now the mirror is out of view.

And if it is not then I am sure there is a good reason for it. Beside only a view folks would recognize it.

scottnj1966

I am sure by now the mirror is out of view.

And if it is not then I am sure there is a good reason for it. Beside only a view folks would recognize it.

Well the Mirror really is not what looks bad, it is the semi truck container that does, and that has been there for awhile.

I am not at disney today but I am sure they are both sitting in the same place.

Magic Maker

As I said, I know it looks bad, but I am sure there is a reason it is there. And I am sure it will be gone shortly.

It sucks - and this never would have happened in the old days, but I am sure there is a reason.

scottnj1966

As I said, I know it looks bad, but I am sure there is a reason it is there. And I am sure it will be gone shortly.

It sucks - and this never would have happened in the old days, but I am sure there is a reason.

Was not directing that to you. I assume you work somewhere at Disney?

I am thinking they do things like that so people can see things going on to get everyone talking about it. it works.

Teenchy

I really think its bad show. These are the things that in the early days would not happen. Or if it did someones head would roll. Its one thing to have something in view that is new and no one knows what it is yet. But to have the mirror that everyone was just admiring days before sitting in the dirt the next day...just another thing that takes away from the magic.

When I see stuff like that it makes me feel like someone is just cutting corners to save $$. I know that all business find ways to save $$ but there are better ways to do it. How about at least a tarp covering the thing!

The castle was not painted pink it was a big balloon over structure from what I remember. I mean I might be wrong my 23 year old memory has failed me alot since its been fried by too much college and computer repair work and long tall glasses of Vault and Mt Dew.

IcicleM

I believe they are trying as fast as they can to dismantle the mirror and put it in the truck, and possibly even recycle the pieces to make something pretty and new to add in the parks. and when I say recycle, I mean literally completely recycle to the point where we don't know what it looks like. For all we know, it could be recycled so much that someone out there will one day have a piece of recycled "mirror" in their iPod Nano. Haha :)

But who knows? Maybe the decorations and mirror and such will be sold in different pieces.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The castle was not painted pink it was a big balloon over structure from what I remember. I mean I might be wrong my 23 year old memory has failed me alot since its been fried by too much college and computer repair work and long tall glasses of Vault and Mt Dew.

Correct, it wasn't painted pink but had a fiberglass shell over the structure of the castle.

Teenchy

Correct, it wasn't painted pink but had a fiberglass shell over the structure of the castle.

I thought the base was painted pink, but the "frosting" and candles and stuff were "blow-up" things over the real structure.
I though I remember doing a Keys to the Kingdom tour several years later and the CM telling us to look at the "brick" pattern on the castle and that they have a numbered pattern how and where to paint each shade. We we went up close and you could see some of the pink showing under some of the chipped off pieces.

DisneyRoxMySox

I thought the base was painted pink, but the "frosting" and candles and stuff were "blow-up" things over the real structure.
I though I remember doing a Keys to the Kingdom tour several years later and the CM telling us to look at the "brick" pattern on the castle and that they have a numbered pattern how and where to paint each shade. We we went up close and you could see some of the pink showing under some of the chipped off pieces.

I remember hearing this too.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

You may very well be correct. I'll have to research this. :wave:

You know every single item that I've ever owned that was inflatable inevitably has lost air over time. Can you imagine having to climb the castle every day so that you could blow up all those pink castle decorations. What a pain that must have been. They had to hire them some blowhards! :lol:

bluejayx

i remember watching disney inside out and they where painting the castle pink in the show because it was important at the time.

The castle could very well have been painted pink. Ill have to look at it up close when I go next Feb If I have time. I mean I am getting engaged that day so I might have other things on my mind and not remember to do it. Hey I got a idea somebody ask Jim Hill Im sure he could give some great insite into it, LOL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom