Mirror Disneyland - An Alternate History

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
So, what's the consensus on WestCOT so far? Love it? Hate it? Want me to scrap it altogether and build a different park? I'd love some feedback here, folks. ;)

Defunctland and Theme Park Tourist were my reference for today.

In case you have missed the updates for WestCOT from Page 7, here is a quick recap:

Venture Port

Attractions & Entertainment

1. New Horizons
2. Innoventions
- House of the Future
- Apple Exhibition
- Von Drake's House of Genius
- Tesla Showroom
- Blue Sky Laboratory
- CyberSpace Mountain
- The VOID: Step Beyond Reality
- Rotating Exhibition Hall*
3. Festival Pavilion
4. Unnamed Nighttime Spectacular
5. Dreamers Point
- "Daydreamers"
- Storyteller Fountain
- Wishing Tree
6. Disneyland Monorail*

Shopping & Dining

1. Venture Port Mercantile
2. Camera Center
3. Digital Bazaar
4. Electric Umbrella
5. Daydreamers Lounge*
6. Monorail Cafe*

*Title not mentioned in overview. The Rotating Exhibition Hall in Innoventions will allow for a large number of interchanging attractions and exhibits. Corporate sponsored exhibits are bound to change over time, so naturally, the Exhibition Hall and Innoventions will, too, though most of Innoventions was left designed to warrant a more permanent effect.

Daydreamers Lounge is the WestCOT equivalent to Epcot's Fountain View, aka this is WestCOT's well-disguised Starbucks location.

The Disneyland Monorail wraps through WestCOT and even features its second of three stations in Venture Port. Of course, the Monorail loops around the island of Dreamers Point and Space Station Earth, as well as the surrounding pavilions. The Monorail even travels through a portion of the Wonders of Earth pavilion. The Monorail Cafe is another quick-service joint with an emphasis on monorail design and "culture."

The Wonders of Imagination

hczDdEbQAAifP_X33W9hiZHB6xub5RWy40gs9NXzX0yB2hSLcp5LYrdu7TXF3FdJso5D7wGXXMsNK86kB8id59lb6oSDGgjoY89ifz6mBfXnfsUw3P0DluwI-8sjgessCgM2aeXB

“One little spark of inspiration,
Is at the heart of all creation.
Right at the start of everything that’s new,

One little spark lights up for you.”

Identified by its three glass cubes - not pyramids - on the edge of Venture Port, the Wonders of Imagination is perhaps the most important pavilion in all WestCOT Center and the Disneyland Resort. This is where everything else in WestCOT comes from; where everything in the world comes from; because, simply, it all comes from the imagination. Waterfalls, fountains, kinetic towers, and gardens surround this inspired, all-indoors pavilion.

The origin of the Wonders of Imagination dates back to an idea once intended for Disneyland Park by Imagineer Tony Baxter.

Discovery Bay was a conceptual place that Jules Verne or H.G. Wells might have inhabited. Among the featured attractions in this never-built land would have been “Professor Marvel’s Gallery of Wonders.” This Audio-Animatronics extravaganza was to be a musical show in which the bearded Prof. Marvel would showcase his bizarre experiments and mythical creatures, namely his beloved dragon. This idea, of course, never came into fruition, so much so, that the land once intended for Discovery Bay became Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. However, a renamed Dreamfinder (Prof. Marvel) and Figment (his dragon) would find their home in EPCOT Center on March 5, 1983 in the classic, but since defunct, Journey into Imagination.

FHnn98PjOTSob4_Djg5LOjyz11vvf6NkE7HMZTdeAlo6Qk-Qt_n3uI20tkBpiRPdBBAHYEpUTX4LBCGjXse1QlbnE0jovb3OiwTSBbyvGV6eFK4laT5EQ6tPJwMycrid2ellNRDf

The story needed to describe the complex process in an engaging, interactive way without seeming like a lecture,” Tony Baxter said. “A persona was needed to give the process personality, but having a human character seemed too selective. A friendly imaginary being that could delight in the wonders of imagination would be more inclusive.” It was decided, and rather early on, that the Dreamfinder and Figment would also call WestCOT home. The Wonders of Imagination is the natural home of WestCOT's Journey Into Imagination, an incredible attraction that's message still holds relevant.

Rising through the clouds, lights pulse to the classic song "One Little Spark," a Sherman Bros. original. Dreamfinder soars into sight aboard his gargantuan flying machine, the kinetic "Dreamcatcher." Figment, a literal figment of the Dreamfinder's imagination, is introduced through a pressure cooker. The Dreamfinder and Figment use their imaginations to create wonderful imagery and magic for all to enjoy. After a brief tour of the Dreamport, where all sparks of imagination are stored, we learn of the four areas of the imagination explored in the coming attraction: Art, Literature, Performing Arts, and Science.

The rest, as they say, is WestCOT history.

But there is so much more to discover in the Wonders of Imagination. In fact, we are only just beginning...

Apologies for the short update, but I promise, there is more to come!

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Also, @spacemt354, you still around? I haven't been here in so long, so I don't know if anything has changed haha.

Theme Park Tourist was a great help in the ride-through portions featured here.

The upper level interactive area from the original Journey into Imagination was also retained and replicated for the Wonders of Imagination in WestCOT. ImageWorks is not only the respectable meet 'n' greet location for the Dreamfinder and Figment, but is also a futuristic playground of wonders for a number of sensory activities and games that spark creativity and tickle the senses. Lead an orchestra by waving your arms in the air, create a symphony of sound by jumping on "Stepping Tones," record yourself in super-slow motion, or design your own Figment!

ImageWorks, located on the second floor, offers a spectacular view of WestCOT through the lens of the gargantuan glass cubes. The "Rainbow Corridor," the entrance to a Sensor Maze, is perhaps the most famous and iconic image of ImageWorks. Such other activities include giant kaleidoscopes, over-sized pin walls, electronic coloring books, and the Dreamfinder's School of Drama, an attraction that invites us to star in an actual film with the Dreamfinder!

The Dreamfinder's School of Drama has been updated and advanced continuously since 1995. Imagineer Joe Rohde has starred as the Dreamfinder since the original School of Drama premiered in Epcot in 1983. Rohde, though not the voice of the Dreamfinder in the main dark ride, has filmed each updated segment for the School of Drama since, and Muppeteer Dave Goelz has since assumed the vocal performance of Figment.

The Imaginatorium Theater, also found in the Wonders of Imagination pavilion, has held not one, but several classic 3D-4D films over the years, including the ill fated and poorly received Captain EO knockoff, Eric Idle - Flight of Fantasy.

Idle, fresh off Honey, I Shrunk the Audience, an attraction found in Epcot and Disneyland's Tomorrowland at the time, was tapped by WED again for a new film - a bizarre musical adventure into his imagination, not ours. The 15-minute "spectacular" was utterly bizarre, ending in a weird effect where the screen would split open to reveal a giant physical moon with the Audio-Animatronics face of Idle singing "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life."

Eric Idle - Flight of Fantasy did not last. The attraction was closed after a mere two years in operation, and sadly, the Imaginatorium Theater became host to various "sneak peeks" and previews for up and coming Disney Films, a fate shared with other classic 3D attractions around the world. This, however, changed in 2016. Inside Out, the 2015 Disney*Pixar film had been successful at the box office, and its meaningful and original content was considered a valuable addition to the tired Wonders of Imagination pavilion.

In a manner most similar to the extinct Cranium Command of EPCOT Center, Inside Out: Magical Mind is a humorous and often thought-provoking presentation on the importance of a child's imagination.

The old Imaginatorium Theater has been retrofitted to resemble the Headquarters of the human mind, in this case, the mind of Riley, a twelve-year-old girl living in San Francisco. The 4D film portrays the imagination in a new light; one that captures the design and thought process behind peculiar ideas and nonsensical creations. We join Joy, Fear, Sadness, Anger and Disgust as they aide Riley in the creation of an illustrated book report. We explore colorful imagery and visualized thoughts from reading the book, and things grow even wilder as Riley puts crayon to paper; a literal whirlwind of color and light.

Joy and Sadness are available for a meet 'n' greet outside the attraction, and
Bing Bong's Sweet Stuff, a delightful, whimsical merchandise and confectionery location is found inside the Wonders of Imagination.

Sweet Stuff offers a scrumptious selection of candies, saltwater taffy, rainbow cotton candy, caramel apples, as well as fun Inside Out and Figment souvenirs, apparel and accessories. An Audio-Animatronics Jangles the Clown serves up "Memory Refreshers," frozen drinks available in all colors and flavors. Rainbow Unicorn oversees all the clothing and jewelry, and Bing Bong himself, joyfully crying candy tears, sits front and center in his makeshift rocketship.

But what of the Journey Into Imagination attraction itself?

Well. It's funny you ask...

Journey Into Imagination - 2020 Edition

Our journey into imagination begins with, what else, but the right mode of transportation. The peculiar ride vehicles of the Journey Into Imagination are really a modified version of Disney's classic Omnimover - the same ride system pioneered in the beloved Adventure Thru Inner Space in Tomorrowland - a slow-moving set of vehicles turning along their course to face show scenes throughout the attraction.

More to come!

DisneyManOne

I swear, I got quite a laugh out of that Eric Idle concept. We just had to include this beauty into the park, didn't we?

crocodile_moon.jpg

Also, that concept for an Inside Out attraction is just perfect! Honestly, if I could find a new location for Food for Thought, I would love to include that in my EPCOT ideas (Spoiler alert: In my post-D23 EPCOT plans, I'm no longer including a body-based pavilion, so I'd love to see Inside Out represented at Imagination.)

Personally, I feel that the original Journey Into Imagination never felt dated. It felt more like a Fantasyland dark ride and there was never anything that dated the experience. Just touch up the old animatronics, put in new film clips at the end, and you've still got an amazing adventure! But, I'm excited to hear what your new Journey will be like...

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
I swear, I got quite a laugh out of that Eric Idle concept. We just had to include this beauty into the park, didn't we?

crocodile_moon.jpg

Also, that concept for an Inside Out attraction is just perfect! Honestly, if I could find a new location for Food for Thought, I would love to include that in my EPCOT ideas (Spoiler alert: In my post-D23 EPCOT plans, I'm no longer including a body-based pavilion, so I'd love to see Inside Out represented at Imagination.)

Personally, I feel that the original Journey Into Imagination never felt dated. It felt more like a Fantasyland dark ride and there was never anything that dated the experience. Just touch up the old animatronics, put in new film clips at the end, and you've still got an amazing adventure! But, I'm excited to hear what your new Journey will be like...

Story time; I did a production of Young Frankenstein about a year ago, and our director insisted on including a full moon with the projected face of Mel Brooks at the conclusion of the show, with me, dressed as Igor, playing the french horn in front of it. Ironically, the moon looked more like Eric Idle from Imagination than Mel Brooks on the moon...

Anyways, I'm preparing for an upcoming trip to Las Vegas this weekend, so I've been working pretty much nonstop. I hope to get another update out before Friday, but we'll see!

rct247

I was thinking about the concept of an alternate history of the parks just the other day and was glad to find someone also had a similar idea!

spacemt354

Chili's
Also, @spacemt354, you still around? I haven't been here in so long, so I don't know if anything has changed haha.

Theme Park Tourist was a great help in the ride-through portions featured here.

The upper level interactive area from the original Journey into Imagination was also retained and replicated for the Wonders of Imagination in WestCOT. ImageWorks is not only the respectable meet 'n' greet location for the Dreamfinder and Figment, but is also a futuristic playground of wonders for a number of sensory activities and games that spark creativity and tickle the senses. Lead an orchestra by waving your arms in the air, create a symphony of sound by jumping on "Stepping Tones," record yourself in super-slow motion, or design your own Figment!

ImageWorks, located on the second floor, offers a spectacular view of WestCOT through the lens of the gargantuan glass cubes. The "Rainbow Corridor," the entrance to a Sensor Maze, is perhaps the most famous and iconic image of ImageWorks. Such other activities include giant kaleidoscopes, over-sized pin walls, electronic coloring books, and the Dreamfinder's School of Drama, an attraction that invites us to star in an actual film with the Dreamfinder!

The Dreamfinder's School of Drama has been updated and advanced continuously since 1995. Imagineer Joe Rohde has starred as the Dreamfinder since the original School of Drama premiered in Epcot in 1983. Rohde, though not the voice of the Dreamfinder in the main dark ride, has filmed each updated segment for the School of Drama since, and Muppeteer Dave Goelz has since assumed the vocal performance of Figment.

The Imaginatorium Theater, also found in the Wonders of Imagination pavilion, has held not one, but several classic 3D-4D films over the years, including the ill fated and poorly received Captain EO knockoff, Eric Idle - Flight of Fantasy.

Idle, fresh off Honey, I Shrunk the Audience, an attraction found in Epcot and Disneyland's Tomorrowland at the time, was tapped by WED again for a new film - a bizarre musical adventure into his imagination, not ours. The 15-minute "spectacular" was utterly bizarre, ending in a weird effect where the screen would split open to reveal a giant physical moon with the Audio-Animatronics face of Idle singing "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life."

Eric Idle - Flight of Fantasy did not last. The attraction was closed after a mere two years in operation, and sadly, the Imaginatorium Theater became host to various "sneak peeks" and previews for up and coming Disney Films, a fate shared with other classic 3D attractions around the world. This, however, changed in 2016. Inside Out, the 2015 Disney*Pixar film had been successful at the box office, and its meaningful and original content was considered a valuable addition to the tired Wonders of Imagination pavilion.

In a manner most similar to the extinct Cranium Command of EPCOT Center, Inside Out: Magical Mind is a humorous and often thought-provoking presentation on the importance of a child's imagination.

The old Imaginatorium Theater has been retrofitted to resemble the Headquarters of the human mind, in this case, the mind of Riley, a twelve-year-old girl living in San Francisco. The 4D film portrays the imagination in a new light; one that captures the design and thought process behind peculiar ideas and nonsensical creations. We join Joy, Fear, Sadness, Anger and Disgust as they aide Riley in the creation of an illustrated book report. We explore colorful imagery and visualized thoughts from reading the book, and things grow even wilder as Riley puts crayon to paper; a literal whirlwind of color and light.

Joy and Sadness are available for a meet 'n' greet outside the attraction, and
Bing Bong's Sweet Stuff, a delightful, whimsical merchandise and confectionery location is found inside the Wonders of Imagination.

Sweet Stuff offers a scrumptious selection of candies, saltwater taffy, rainbow cotton candy, caramel apples, as well as fun Inside Out and Figment souvenirs, apparel and accessories. An Audio-Animatronics Jangles the Clown serves up "Memory Refreshers," frozen drinks available in all colors and flavors. Rainbow Unicorn oversees all the clothing and jewelry, and Bing Bong himself, joyfully crying candy tears, sits front and center in his makeshift rocketship.

But what of the Journey Into Imagination attraction itself?

Well. It's funny you ask...

Journey Into Imagination - 2020 Edition

View attachment 405899
Our journey into imagination begins with, what else, but the right mode of transportation. The peculiar ride vehicles of the Journey Into Imagination are really a modified version of Disney's classic Omnimover - the same ride system pioneered in the beloved Adventure Thru Inner Space in Tomorrowland - a slow-moving set of vehicles turning along their course to face show scenes throughout the attraction.

More to come!

I am still here haha - lots going on but from what I've seen this is looking great MEW. I would still like to do that map when I get the chance.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
I'm back! This is my busiest time of year, so like I said, I'll be working on this project at my soonest convenience.

@spacemt354, good to hear from you! I'd definitely love to get some maps pumped out for this project once all is said and done.

I want to take a quick step away from WestCOT and refocus on something I abandoned several months back: Halloween Time at Mirror Disneyland. This event is loosely inspired by Halloween Horror Nights and mostly inspired by Hong Kong Disneyland's wonderful Halloween event. I'm going for a dynamic that appeals to all age demographics; scares for teens and young adults, and trick-or-treating and cute stuff for the little ones...and I guess the elderly?

I want to also point out that this portion of the project is not a ripoff of the incredible Disneyland's Undead Nightmare project that has surfaced in this forum recently from user @Outbound. I highly suggest y'all check that out, too! It's for sure a different and wholly original concept which, as always, is great to see around here. Kudos!

Halloween Time at Mirror Disneyland

An evil wind is howling, a dark fog is creeping in, and sinister forces have cast a shadow over Disneyland. The Villains from classic Disney stories are back, and they're eager to make this year's Halloween a wicked one. Come celebrate with them for an unforgettable Halloween filled with Disney fun both day and night... It's sure to be a spooky good time...

Since the first "Christmas Bowl" in 1956, the holidays have always been a major Disneyland celebration. But it wasn't until 2005 that Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort became a major seasonal offering.

In the late 1990s, inspired by the success of their seasonal enhancement the "Country Bear Halloween Hootenanny," WED and Disneyland officials began looking for other attractions to decorate for the macabre All Hallow's Eve. For years, Knott's Berry Farm and Universal Studios had cornered the market on the elusive Halloween season. Disneyland, meanwhile, was left with nary a pumpkin in sight.

In 1993, the animated classic Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas debuted, garnering a devoted fanbase with great affection for the film's hero Jack Skellington. The film introduced beloved characters such as heroine Sally, the flying ghost dog Zero and the villainous Oogie Boogie, and they have been delighting Disneyland Guests each year since the 2001 premiere of Haunted Mansion Holiday, a seasonal overlay that transforms the classic and delightfully unlivable Haunted Mansion into a merry collision of Halloween and Christmas.

Despite its monstrous success, "HMH" was still not enough to compete with Knott's Scary Farm down the road. The creative demands that would be placed on WED would call for an ethereal blend of the creepy, kooky, mysterious, and spooky, unequaled in the annals of the entertainment industry. The vision of the various artists, sculptors, designers, engineers, story tellers, special-effects experts and others would soon outgrow a mere attraction overlay and pour into a seasonal celebration held through the entire Park; one in which would forever change Walt's Magic Kingdom...

"The spell's been cast! This September and October, Disneyland Park presents a new, separately ticketed, after-hours event hosted by Jack Skellington (from Tim Burton's 'The Nightmare Before Christmas') and the Disney Villains. Our wonderfully wicked 'monster of scare-e-monies' has rallied the biggest baddies in show business for a Halloween spooktacular unlike any other, including access to some otherworldly attractions and entertainment, trick-or-treating in costume with your favorite Characters, haunted houses and scare zones, and other old favorites sure to wake the dread.

So whether you're a baby boo, teen werewolf or full-grown mummy, there's something fang-tastic for all.

Disney's All Hallow's Celebration - A Halloween Event at Disneyland Park
- Select Nights September - October

- Event 6:00PM to 2:00AM
- All Guests may dress as their favorite character during the event, but may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
- Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent.
- Costumes may not contain any items that resemble (or could easily be mistaken for) an actual weapon.

- Masks of any kind may not be worn, except for medical purposes."

- Halloween Time Press Release, September 2005

By 2005, the Disney staff had worked around the clock to unveil the world premiere of Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort. The popular Haunted Mansion Holiday was delayed into November and renamed "Haunted Mansion Winter Terrorland," leaving the classic Mansion well enough alone for the October holiday. One by one, scenes of the Halloween show were completed, and finally, on September 2, 2005, Halloween Time was ready for its "underworld debut." The nightmare had at long last come true... Halloween Time has traditionally been highlighted by Disney's All Hallow's Celebration, special parades and firework displays, and attraction overlays, including the Country Bear Halloween Hootenanny and Space Mountain: Ghost Galaxy. It might hold true that in Disneyland, every day is a holiday, but when the clock strikes midnight on that first Friday of September, the frightful fun begins...

In search of goodies? Travel down the wonderfully wicked Treat Trails in the misty, dream-like realms of Disney's All Hallow's Celebration, a specially ticketed, after-hours event held every other night from the first Friday of September through October 31st. Disneyland remains operational during the day and transitions into the Celebration at night. The event features select scare zones and haunted houses, live entertainment, and trick-or-treating in the Park. You never know where a trail may lead - and it's all in search of a sweet and delightful ending!

The magic of the Halloween Season begins as we explore the ten cardinal realms of Walt Disney's Disneyland. Almost every "land" is renamed exclusively for the ticketed All Hallow's Celebration. Naturally, during normal operating hours, much of the decor and elements from the Celebration are left on display, a festive touch for those in search of frightful fun.

Ghost Town, U.S.A.
(Main Street, U.S.A.)

Sleepy Hollow
(Liberty Street)

Forsaken Jungle
(Adventureland)

New Orleans Square

Folktale Forest

Frontierland: Curse of the Full Moon

Galaxy's Edge: Fall of the Resistance

Fantasyland

Haunted Hollywood

(Hollywoodland)

Tomorrowland: INVASION

The date is October 31, 2020. This date is remarkable, for today marks the conclusion of Halloween Time and the All Hallow's Celebration's 15th Year.

Our spooktacular adventure begins amidst the autumn decor, music and color of the Esplanade. The Esplanade is the heart of the Disneyland Resort. An accessible, spectacular port of transportation and travel, the air is filled with otherworldly music of this most spirited season. Unsettling lights, fog, fountains and trees set an eerie threshold to the Main Gate of our haunted Magic Kingdom.

Jack Skellington and Zero stand guard over the ornate turnstiles, warm and welcoming. Large bats, headstones and jack-o-lanterns fill the space between the ghostly pair, whilst orange, yellow and purple bunting hangs in lieu of the typical red, white and blue. Once through the turnstiles and beyond the gate, we glimpse the storied clock tower of Main Street Station, decked in the autumn bunting and covered in ghastly cobwebs. Huge (but friendly) black widow spiders have overtaken the station as well as the famous Mickey Mouse Floral. In fact, the typically smiling face of Mickey now appears spooked by the massive spiders! The flowers surrounding Mickey resemble that of a massive spiderweb. We still hear the haunting echo of the station master calling out announcements as the authentic, 3-foot narrow gauge heritage Disneyland Railroad pulls into the station.

More to come!

DisneyManOne

I'm back! This is my busiest time of year, so like I said, I'll be working on this project at my soonest convenience.

@spacemt354, good to hear from you! I'd definitely love to get some maps pumped out for this project once all is said and done.

I want to take a quick step away from WestCOT and refocus on something I abandoned several months back: Halloween Time at Mirror Disneyland. This event is loosely inspired by Halloween Horror Nights and mostly inspired by Hong Kong Disneyland's wonderful Halloween event. I'm going for a dynamic that appeals to all age demographics; scares for teens and young adults, and trick-or-treating and cute stuff for the little ones...and I guess the elderly?

I want to also point out that this portion of the project is not a ripoff of the incredible Disneyland's Undead Nightmare project that has surfaced in this forum recently from user @Outbound. I highly suggest y'all check that out, too! It's for sure a different and wholly original concept which, as always, is great to see around here. Kudos!

Halloween Time at Mirror Disneyland

An evil wind is howling, a dark fog is creeping in, and sinister forces have cast a shadow over Disneyland. The Villains from classic Disney stories are back, and they're eager to make this year's Halloween a wicked one. Come celebrate with them for an unforgettable Halloween filled with Disney fun both day and night... It's sure to be a spooky good time...

Since the first "Christmas Bowl" in 1956, the holidays have always been a major Disneyland celebration. But it wasn't until 2005 that Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort became a major seasonal offering.

In the late 1990s, inspired by the success of their seasonal enhancement the "Country Bear Halloween Hootenanny," WED and Disneyland officials began looking for other attractions to decorate for the macabre All Hallow's Eve. For years, Knott's Berry Farm and Universal Studios had cornered the market on the elusive Halloween season. Disneyland, meanwhile, was left with nary a pumpkin in sight.

In 1993, the animated classic Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas debuted, garnering a devoted fanbase with great affection for the film's hero Jack Skellington. The film introduced beloved characters such as heroine Sally, the flying ghost dog Zero and the villainous Oogie Boogie, and they have been delighting Disneyland Guests each year since the 2001 premiere of Haunted Mansion Holiday, a seasonal overlay that transforms the classic and delightfully unlivable Haunted Mansion into a merry collision of Halloween and Christmas.

Despite its monstrous success, "HMH" was still not enough to compete with Knott's Scary Farm down the road. The creative demands that would be placed on WED would call for an ethereal blend of the creepy, kooky, mysterious, and spooky, unequaled in the annals of the entertainment industry. The vision of the various artists, sculptors, designers, engineers, story tellers, special-effects experts and others would soon outgrow a mere attraction overlay and pour into a seasonal celebration held through the entire Park; one in which would forever change Walt's Magic Kingdom...

"The spell's been cast! This September and October, Disneyland Park presents a new, separately ticketed, after-hours event hosted by Jack Skellington (from Tim Burton's 'The Nightmare Before Christmas') and the Disney Villains. Our wonderfully wicked 'monster of scare-e-monies' has rallied the biggest baddies in show business for a Halloween spooktacular unlike any other, including access to some otherworldly attractions and entertainment, trick-or-treating in costume with your favorite Characters, haunted houses and scare zones, and other old favorites sure to wake the dread.

So whether you're a baby boo, teen werewolf or full-grown mummy, there's something fang-tastic for all.

Disney's All Hallow's Celebration - A Halloween Event at Disneyland Park
- Select Nights September - October

- Event 6:00PM to 2:00AM
- All Guests may dress as their favorite character during the event, but may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
- Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent.
- Costumes may not contain any items that resemble (or could easily be mistaken for) an actual weapon.

- Masks of any kind may not be worn, except for medical purposes."

- Halloween Time Press Release, September 2005

View attachment 415195

By 2005, the Disney staff had worked around the clock to unveil the world premiere of Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort. The popular Haunted Mansion Holiday was delayed into November and renamed "Haunted Mansion Winter Terrorland," leaving the classic Mansion well enough alone for the October holiday. One by one, scenes of the Halloween show were completed, and finally, on September 2, 2005, Halloween Time was ready for its "underworld debut." The nightmare had at long last come true... Halloween Time has traditionally been highlighted by Disney's All Hallow's Celebration, special parades and firework displays, and attraction overlays, including the Country Bear Halloween Hootenanny and Space Mountain: Ghost Galaxy. It might hold true that in Disneyland, every day is a holiday, but when the clock strikes midnight on that first Friday of September, the frightful fun begins...

In search of goodies? Travel down the wonderfully wicked Treat Trails in the misty, dream-like realms of Disney's All Hallow's Celebration, a specially ticketed, after-hours event held every other night from the first Friday of September through October 31st. Disneyland remains operational during the day and transitions into the Celebration at night. The event features select scare zones and haunted houses, live entertainment, and trick-or-treating in the Park. You never know where a trail may lead - and it's all in search of a sweet and delightful ending!

The magic of the Halloween Season begins as we explore the ten cardinal realms of Walt Disney's Disneyland. Almost every "land" is renamed exclusively for the ticketed All Hallow's Celebration. Naturally, during normal operating hours, much of the decor and elements from the Celebration are left on display, a festive touch for those in search of frightful fun.

Ghost Town, U.S.A.
(Main Street, U.S.A.)

Sleepy Hollow
(Liberty Street)

Forsaken Jungle
(Adventureland)

New Orleans Square

Folktale Forest

Frontierland: Curse of the Full Moon

Galaxy's Edge: Fall of the Resistance

Fantasyland

Haunted Hollywood

(Hollywoodland)

Tomorrowland: INVASION

View attachment 415244

The date is October 31, 2020. This date is remarkable, for today marks the conclusion of Halloween Time and the All Hallow's Celebration's 15th Year.

Our spooktacular adventure begins amidst the autumn decor, music and color of the Esplanade. The Esplanade is the heart of the Disneyland Resort. An accessible, spectacular port of transportation and travel, the air is filled with otherworldly music of this most spirited season. Unsettling lights, fog, fountains and trees set an eerie threshold to the Main Gate of our haunted Magic Kingdom.

Jack Skellington and Zero stand guard over the ornate turnstiles, warm and welcoming. Large bats, headstones and jack-o-lanterns fill the space between the ghostly pair, whilst orange, yellow and purple bunting hangs in lieu of the typical red, white and blue. Once through the turnstiles and beyond the gate, we glimpse the storied clock tower of Main Street Station, decked in the autumn bunting and covered in ghastly cobwebs. Huge (but friendly) black widow spiders have overtaken the station as well as the famous Mickey Mouse Floral. In fact, the typically smiling face of Mickey now appears spooked by the massive spiders! The flowers surrounding Mickey resemble that of a massive spiderweb. We still hear the haunting echo of the station master calling out announcements as the authentic, 3-foot narrow gauge heritage Disneyland Railroad pulls into the station.

More to come!

I am loving everything I'm seeing so far. Can't wait for more!

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster

From the Station, we pass through one of two tunnels on either side of the cobweb-enveloped Mickey Floral. A bronze plaque above either tunnel reads a familiar sentiment.

“HERE YOU LEAVE TODAY
AND ENTER THE WORLD
OF YESTERDAY, TOMORROW

AND FANTASY”
A lenticular portrait hangs above either plaque. One features Captain Hook, the other the Evil Queen of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Often, and in the right light, the villainous portrait will transform into its subject's respective rival - Peter Pan or Snow White.

vWx4RedxMxTfIeOmoQZeaB_zqpvtYZz5FKMfIPPvd2n57eMar_-jEK5M94FDlbLdkoAiKP2WDyBFzkEcFENoQa_qONbE5LYZdGioGhqBsLx3DRxJOOltP9iD3dIA_ScUarSEzX0R

Town Square, where we first enter Disneyland, has turned into a literal “Night on Bald Mountain.” A lifelike statue of Chernabog, the monstrous beast of Fantasia, has emerged from his eternal slumber, surrounded by massive headstones and Gothic statuary. Come nightfall, his eyes glow an eerie yellow…

At the conclusion of the All Hallow’s Celebration, at the base of Main Street Station, a rogue’s gallery of infamous Disney Villains close out the evening with a - yes, you’re reading this right - special rap performance… A bizarre, but decidedly macabre, “Kiss Goodnight.”

In Town Square, the netherworld-famous Cadaver Dans often perform to welcome us as we enter their otherworldly home. Dressed in gravedigger attire, with pale skin and dark eyes, they sing a collection of Halloween favorites, most often a familiar “Grim Grinning Ghosts.”

The old Main Street Opera House has seen better days. In fact, the infamous Opera Singers of the Haunted Mansion have been “let out” to host their own unique Treat Trail inside the lavish theatre. The stage, typically home to Mr. Lincoln, is now adorned with macabre props and set pieces of “Black Swan Lake,” an original opera composed by none other than the Mansion’s renowned Organist. The Baroness Harriet (the female) and the Baron Bill (the male) warble a melancholy tune whilst we collect our treats in the audience below them.

Both Main Street and Town Square are anchored in the impressive Emporium. The impressive, two-story department store is the largest mercantile in the entire park, and is filled to overflowing with Halloween souvenirs. Wooden escalators, crystal chandeliers, and sweeping rotundas set our stage. Per tradition, storefront window vignettes portray scenes of the Disney Canon: The Skeleton Dance (1929), The Haunted House (1929), The Mad Doctor (1933), and Trick or Treat (1952).

I have to stop here today because I am having difficulty uploading images! I'll wait it out a day or two and come right back to it!

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
I'm back! We'll be moving right along down Main Street... Er, um, Ghost Town, U.S.A.

As always, feedback is most appreciated!

Nowadays, Halloween Time has begun to rival the Christmas Season as the most popular time of the year to visit Disneyland. Since the first event in 2005, more decorations, more treats, more attractions, more characters, and more merchandise opportunities have been added yearly to maintain this "horrifying Season of Screams" as fresh, new and original as Knott's Scary Farm or Halloween Horror Nights down the freeway.

"'Round that corner, man hiding in the trash can
Something's waiting now to pounce, and how you'll
Scream! This is Halloween
Red 'n' black, and slimy green
Aren't you scared?
"

Late into the night, a hunchbacked organist provides a "live" concert on his cobweb-enveloped Wurlitzer organ, which can be heard throughout Town Square, a haunting musical backdrop for the witching hours at this haunted Magic Kingdom. This presumably undead organist is the unofficial "proprietor" of the Wurlitzer Music Hall.

A murder of crows have completely overrun the inside of the beloved music store. Millions have been treated to live music in Disneyland's "Music Hall," whether by electric organ, concert grand or antique player piano. The red-eyed crows have nested on (or in) instruments of all shape, size and variety. The popular "Disneyland Forever" kiosks allow us the opportunity to instantly download or create personalized CD's or playlists with selections chosen from a vast library of rare Disneyland audio recordings. And, for the Halloween Season, a rare selection of "Vintage Obscura," long-lost or forgotten Halloween songs, are available to download.

In this eerie reality of Halloween Time at our Mirror Disneyland, much of the traditionally Victorian Main Street, U.S.A. has been entirely overwhelmed with a combined total of 300 or more jack-o-lanterns, skeletons, bats, cats, rats, crows, spiders, and ghosts; lots and lots of ghosts. Truly, no corner has been left untouched.

Friendly ghosts and jack-o-lanterns of all shape, size and style can be found just about everywhere - benches, windows, balconies, rooftops, flowerbeds, sidewalks, you name it. The mischievous, Casper-like ghosts trail all the way from Town Square to the Central Plaza, and can be found doing just about anything, whether it be fishing from the roof of the Emporium, or relaxing on a quiet bench.

Come nightfall, but only when Main Street transforms into Ghost Town, U.S.A. for the All Hallow's Celebration, the once beautiful "everyone's hometown" is shockingly transformed into a nightmarish collage of strange and frightening sights and sounds... A blanket of fog rolls in... The lights dim to an unnatural shade of green... The jack-o-lanterns ignite... A thrilling, chilling soundtrack flicks on... "Ghost Town" is suddenly overrun with a horde of roaming phantoms from all corners of the underworld.

These grim, grinning ghosts have come out to socialize - in style. Each wandering spook is among the 999 Happy Haunts who reside within the Haunted Mansion, and they've all been "let out" to experience the All Hallow's Celebration for themselves. Though, of course, the Ghost Host has only let them out with the intention of "recruiting" the 1,000th member of their swinging wake, so naturally, expect to receive a pamphlet advertising the "active" retirement community inside Gracey Manor... As they say, "life's no fun without a good scare," so be prepared for a startling encounter with one or more of these silly spooks.

The traditional Main Street buildings, clad in autumn bunting, jack-o-lanterns and ghosts, are transformed into an all-night spectacle for the eyes - a foreboding projection show to rival even Fantasmic!

Of course, no Main Street, be it natural or supernatural would be complete without a variety of shops, stores and restaurants, and Disneyland certainly obliges. The Magic Shop has been a Disneyland staple for decades, and is even where comedian Steve Martin began his career. Sandwiched between the magic shop and Main Street Cinema is the peculiar Great American Pastimes, a small store once known as the Main Street Tobacconist, proof being that a "cigar store" Indian is still positioned on the sidewalk out front. The store seasonally specializes in vintage Halloween memorabilia and merchandise. The distinctive sound of early 1900s cinema can be heard in all its ragtime charm from inside the Main Street Cinema. The films shown here are an assortment of live-action short and feature-length horror subjects of the silent era, as well as classic Halloween cartoons, including the well-known Skeleton Dance.

Oddly enough, the Main Street Cinema is haunted by its very own phantom, inspired by Lon Chaney's titular role in The Phantom of the Opera (1925). This bizarre trademark of the original Magic Kingdom (seriously) carries well into the present, a macabre gag for the ages. The eerie phantom lurks around the lobby and slithers into the viewing room to frighten unsuspecting guests; but it's all in good fun.

Featured Horror Films:

The Phantom of the Opera (1925)
The Golem (1915)
Metropolis (1927)
The Skeleton Dance (1929)
The Mad Doctor (1933)
Lonesome Ghosts (1937)

"The old Market House filled with penny candy and fat, juicy pickles right out of the barrel," wrote Martin A. Sklar in 1969, brought park guests "the personal adventure of examining, shopping, and inhaling the nectar of nostalgia." The pot-bellied stove and woodsy warmth remain in the old Market House, a seamless blend of nostalgic general store and modern Starbucks Coffee. A deli counter and selection of meats and cheeses are on one end of the store, while on another, the familiar setup of a Starbucks - if Starbucks had appeared in 1900. Mounted on the walls of the Market House are several old-fashioned telephones. Lifting the receiver to our ear, we might hear a comical party line conversation authentic to the 1890s. Grab a PSL latte!

Center Street runs perpendicular with Main Street. East Center Street has perhaps the most festive sight in Disneyland - the Main Street Pumpkin Patch. There isn't a green pumpkin in sight - they're all orange - being they are made of craft-foam... East Center Street travels directly into neighboring Liberty Street.

Not much else has changed in our Main Street, save of course the expected decor and unexpected frights of the All Hallow's Celebration. So, next, we will venture into...

The Central Plaza.

Attachments

• 1570388647410.png
    1570388647410.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 269

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
The Central Plaza

"Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see something strange?

Come with us and you will see

This, our town of Halloween..."

The Central Plaza celebrates the most iconic Mistress of Evil, the venerable and vile Maleficent. Broken-down walls, turrets and pillars, the all-out wreckage of a since-vanished castle, surround and fill the "Hub" of the Magic Kingdom. The monstrous, looming shape of Maleficent, transformed into a dragon, looks down Main Street from the foreground, clutching a turret in either claw. Every so often, smoke billows from her gaping maw, her eyes awash in an ethereal, vengeful yellow...

Brier and bramble has overrun the typical, happy-go-lucky foliage, crawling from the end of Main Street to the walls and spires of Sleeping Beauty Castle. Once a fairytale world resplendent with pomp, circumstance and pixie dust, Sleeping Beauty Castle has since become a frightful sight; still beautiful, but just as frightening nevertheless. The Dragon's Lair underneath the castle, added in 1983, is home to a monstrous prisoner... Once the ruler of the skies, this defeated dragon lies chained against jagged rocks and subterranean waters. It may be dozing now, but tread carefully, as one false move will lead to a hot, rumbling surprise... The bones of unfortunate prey lay strewn about the cavern floor. Even worse, a series of horse-size dragon eggs begin to shuffle and crack from their nest - we best make our escape before they hatch...

The popular songs of the Disney Villains, Haunted Mansion and Nightmare Before Christmas provide an orchestral backdrop for the nightmarish delight of the Central Hub. With no shortage in creepy statues, grinning ghosts, or dead oak trees, the Central Plaza is an ideal place to begin one's Halloween adventure. "Partners," the storied tribute to Walt and Mickey, still looks down Main Street, though, for Halloween Time, the hulking figure of Maleficent blocks their view...

a

The mischievous Sanderson Sisters from Hocus Pocus have returned to throw a killer Halloween Party right in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle. With only a few hours left to run amuck at the All Hallow's Celebration, Winifred, Mary and Sarah decide to use their dark magic to host a decidedly wicked fun fest.

Enlisting the help of the Disney Villains, the three sisters mix sinister shadows, terrifying nightmares and use the nefarious powers of their frightening colleagues to conjure the ultimate Hocus Pocus Party Potion - and cast a spell on everyone in attendance!

Dr. Facilier, Oogie Boogie and Maleficent are among several classic villains to materialize. Combine them and other great villains with amazing dancers, wild visual projections and otherworldly effects to make the Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular a not-to-be-missed Halloween treat!

The Villain Spelltacular is, of course, exclusive to the All Hallow's Celebration.

Could that be skittish schoolmaster Ichabod Crane tiptoeing down the street? The eerie Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow carries a flickering jack-o-lantern in his gloved hand, signaling the end of the pre-parade and the beginning of something spooktacular...

Twice nightly, this staple of Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort, Jack Skellington's Parade of Screams, brings forth a cavalcade of fiendishly fun floats, frightful friends and magical mayhem, a traditional cavalcade available to attendants of the All Hallow's Celebration, as well as those in attendance during regular operation. The unbridled creeps and vivid spooks of Halloween wind their way through the Park in a thrilling, chilling spectacle.

Jack Skellington's Parade of Screams
When the parade originally premiered in 2005, it was vastly different, with all the units arranged in a different order then they are today. The current version of the parade, used since 2014, has six units, each consisting of at least one or more floats. By today's standards, the parade is almost entirely unrecognizable from its 2005 counterpart. The following are descriptions of each of the six units.

Opening Unit:
- Jack Skellington, several stories high, looms in the skies from atop an almost as massive jack-o-lantern. Jack, voiced by Chris Sarandon, cranes his neck to interact with spectators.
- A number of scarecrow-like "Pumpkin Men" follow Jack, each with their own unique facial "carving." The creatures wildly dance and frolic, some even having hitched a ride in the gnarled vines of Jack's float. Two Pumpkin Men are on stilts.

Halloween Town Unit:
- The twisted toy train from The Nightmare Before Christmas has come to life, larger than ever before. Zero floats above the engine's literal mouth. Halloween Town's two-faced Mayor sits behind the controls, often changing facial expressions while green smoke erupts from the curled smokestack. The demented engine pulls a coal-car filled to overflowing with the evil toys from the film, with a live actress performing Sally sitting on top.
- Puppets of the Vampire Bros. from Halloween Town are pushed along the route by performers dressed in bat-like armor.
- Jack's skeletal "bone-deer" and the hunchbacked Igor wreak havoc in Dr. Finklestein's Laboratory, realized here in an incredible float. The mad doctor sits in his wheelchair at the very top, opening and closing his scalp to reveal a neon-colored brain inside. A bizarre machine rotates an assortment of unnatural skulls with a headless body on the slab beneath it; it seems Dr. Finklestein is choosing a head for his "precious Jewel."

Haunted Mansion Unit:
- Eight gravediggers in the attire of Haunted Mansion butlers drag and toss shovels in a synchronized manner, generating sparks on the asphalt.
- The massive headstone of Madame Leota (among other gargantuan headstones) on an earthy, fog-encased float.
- The infamous Bride leads the way for eight ghostly couples (the Mansion's ballroom dancers) who waltz down the route.
- The Hitchhiking Ghosts stand in front of a stylized Haunted Mansion. The windows of the Mansion look onto screens playing various scenes from the ride. The famous Caretaker trembles from the backside of the float.

Candy Factory Unit
- The Three Little Pigs trick-or-treat with themed buckets (straw, sticks, bricks), unaware that the Big Bad Wolf, covered by a sheet with holes-for-eyes, is in close pursuit.
- Chef Goofy operates a massive, multi-leveled machine that makes candy. Various treadmills, cogs and gears turn and tread every which way with a large gumball machine and chocolate fountain among other things. Max, Chip and Dale also cameo on the float.
- Baloo and King Louie, joined by Big Al, Terrence, Wendell, and Liver Lips McGrowl from the Country Bear Playhouse, follow Goofy's Candy Machine, humorously dressed as "sugar plum fairies" with lollipop wands, glittery wings, ballet slippers, and frilly tutus.

Mickey's Pirate Party Unit:
- Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse, dressed as bold swashbucklers, lead the way for a pirate-themed Halloween Party, all in fun and not-so-scary. Pluto, Donald, Daisy, Roger Rabbit, Pooh, Tigger, Alice, and the Mad Hatter, dressed in appropriately themed costumes for their character, follow suit.
- The massive Jolly Roger sails into view, a true-to-form pirate galleon embroidered with the spirit of tricks and treats. Captain Hook and Peter Pan dance on deck, joined by a number of happy-go-lucky pirates, including the Lost Boys, Mr. Smee and Wendy Darling. The deck is decorated to host a unique, Neverland-style Halloween Party.
- The gargantuan Tick-Tock Crocodile closely follows the Jolly Roger, ticking the night away. The googly-eyed croc wears a party hat and chomps down on a now-silenced party horn.

Villain's Lair Unit:
- This parade takes on a life of its own as the mischievous Disney Villains emerge from the darkness, ready to stir up some more trouble. Shenzi, Banzai and Ed kick things off with their synchronized march. Ursula, complete with tentacles, leads airborne puppets of Flotsem and Jetsem, followed closely by the Queen of Hearts and the Cheshire Cat, Bowler Hat Guy, Brer Fox and Brer Bear, the Sheriff of Nottingham, and of course, Gaston, Dr. Facilier and Cruella de Vil.
- A dungeon-like lair takes over the parade route, overlooked by a sky-high Jafar, transformed into a massive, blood-red Genie. The Gothic dungeon hosts a wicked gathering of villainy, including the Evil Queen, Judge Claude Frollo, Hades, Governor Ratcliffe, Prince John, Shan Yu, and Maleficent. The ever-greedy and always wicked Oogie Boogie brings up the rear, smiling and dancing to all the magical mayhem.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
If you have not yet visited Main Street/Ghost Town, U.S.A. on Page 8, please do so now! So far, we've covered a couple of things. So, for recap:

1. Halloween Time at Mirror Disneyland includes the specially-ticketed "All Hallow's Celebration," a family-friendly mix of the real-world Horror Nights, Mickey's Not-So-Scary and Oogie Boogie Bash. This event includes a special revamp for almost every land, several mazes and scare-zones, trick-or-treating, live entertainment, and more.

2. Main Street, U.S.A. is decorated with over 300 friendly ghosts, jack-o-lanterns and more, and is renamed "Ghost Town, U.S.A." for the All Hallow's Celebration. Special projections and roaming actors portray various ghosts who have been let out of the Haunted Mansion to wander Main Street and stir up a few scares and recruits for the Mansion's 1000th Ghost. Chernabog has taken over Town Square, whereas Jack and Zero have taken over the Main Entrance.

3. Maleficent has claimed the Central Plaza and Sleeping Beauty Castle. Maleficent, in dragon form, overlooks the entire Central Plaza from in front of the Partner's Statue, while thorns and briers overwhelm the remainder of the Hub and Castle.

4. Jack Skellington's Parade of Screams delights and frights spectators every night throughout the Halloween Season, and is not exclusive to the All Hallow's Celebration. The Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular is, however, exclusive to party-goers, along with all the mazes, scare-zones and treat trails.

We're moving right along into Fantasyland...

Fantasyland

Fantasyland, typically, is the realm of the most beloved and famous Disney canon and characters, a land that Snow White, Peter Pan, Mr. Toad, and Alice (of Wonderland) might call home. "When we were planning Fantasyland," Walt Disney said, "we recalled the lyrics of the song 'When You Wish Upon a Star.' The words of the melody, from our picture 'Pinocchio,' inspired us to create this land. What youngster, listening to parents or grandparents read aloud, has not dreamed of flying with Peter Pan over moonlit London, or tumbling into Alice's nonsensical Wonderland? In Fantasyland, these classic stories of everyone''s youth have become realities for youngsters - of all ages - to participate in."

Though, of course, with every great fairytale hero or heroine comes a great fairytale villain or villainess...

The magical symbol of the Magic Kingdom, the majestic and enchanted Sleeping Beauty Castle has, of course, been taken over by the dark magic of Maleficent. Thorns have overtaken the entire front-side of the once beautifully decorated 77-foot tall castle. Though, once over the drawbridge and through the hallowed portico, we find that a different monster entirely has taken over the rest of Fantasyland.

Oogie Boogie has risen from the shadows to take over Fantasyland, and his oversized silhouette, having scaled the backside of Sleeping Beauty Castle, beckons for us to have a frightfully good time in the land of childhood hopes and dreams... His tree-like visage blends wonderfully with the thorns and brambles carried over from Maleficent's wicked curse.

The Castle Courtyard, which normally stands as a peaceful, unsuspecting Bavarian Village of the Black Forest with cobblestone pathways and colorful Alpine foliage, has since been adorned with all manner of creepy crawlies, courtesy of Mr. Oogie Boogie himself! Neon snakes, spiders and skeletons dress every facade, whilst "Oogie-style" jack-o-lanterns (colored green, yellow, brown, or purple, naturally) fill the vacant nooks and crannies. Oogie's familiar (and booming) voice barks silly greetings and spooky phrases throughout the courtyard, all inclusive to his vision for the All Hallow's Celebration.

The stories of the Castle Courtyard are all of films (or shorts) released in the time of Walt himself. Four classic dark rides, two original, each of the six in representation of a different childhood emotion. Strong villains have always been important in Disney storytelling. Walt Disney often said that a strong villain was the key reason a hero was interesting. "Until a character becomes personality, it cannot be believed. And without personality, a story cannot ring true to an audience." The Evil Queen peers down through the curtains of her ominous Gothic Tower, the foreboding, spine-tingling entrance to Snow White's Scary Adventures. The eerie manor still holds inside the frightening dungeon and laboratory of the Evil Queen.

A breathtaking, three-dimensional mural and diorama of the Seven Dwarfs' Cottage and the "Enchanted Forest" prelude the beauty, grandeur and magic of Walt Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. We next board a mine car, named for one of the Seven Dwarfs, for a harrowing adventure through the film's darkest and scariest moments. Fortunately, Snow White does receive her "Happily Ever After," though the same could not be said for the fate of the Wicked Witch... Snow White's Scary Adventures represents fear, a childhood staple.

One of Disneyland's great resources was the ability of artists to bring to life the films they had actually worked on. Ken Anderson came to the Disney Studio in 1934 and had worked on several Silly Symphonies before contributing to Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, and later, the original "Snow White and Her Adventures" attraction. Imagineer Claude Coats and Tony Baxter redesigned and renamed the Opening Day Attraction at Walt Disney World in 1971, and later at Disneyland in 1983. The current iteration, Snow White's Scary Adventures, is a tasteful blend of fantasy and horror, most similar with the Tokyo Disneyland version of the attraction.

For the All Hallow's Celebration, Snow White's Scary Adventures is unavailable. The attraction is reopened after a brief downtime for the Snow White - Behind the Screams Tour. Interestingly, the attraction is shutdown an hour before the event and is quickly reopened for an ultra-exclusive, rare lights-on, backstage "behind-the-screams" tour. This unique opportunity might ruin the magic for some, but does offer an up close and personal glimpse at some of the classic attraction's darker and more sinister moments. The tour concludes in a Treat Trail featuring a live appearance from the Evil Queen.

Based on the stories of A.A. Milne and the timeless music written by the Sherman Bros., Pooh's Hunny Hunt has riders swept up in a gust of wind on a Blustery Day, bouncing alongside a boisterous Tigger, and caught in the midst of a colorful nightmare swarmed with mischievous Heffalumps and Woozles. Pooh's Hunny Hunt uses a state-of-the-art trackless ride system developed by WED. A custom local positioning system (LPS) is used to manage an array of sensors as opposed to a dedicated wire or track embedded in the floor. The patented control system works by directional data being relayed from a master control computer directly to the vehicles which are fashioned to resemble honey pots. This data is then used to move an individual honey pot car through a complicated matrix embedded within the actual floor tiles. Every few seconds, the master computer generates a random path and "steers" the honey pot in real-time, so as the cars roll through the ride the vehicles are, in fact, being told where to go. Because this system is in real-time, they can maneuver accordingly in just fractions of a second. This also allows for spontaneous yet synchronized "honey pot choreography" with groups of honey pots (as many as 8 in a single show scene) appearing to "dance" with the others, often timed with beats in the music. Due to limitless variations possible, each journey through the attraction is unique.

The usual location to meet Pooh & Friends, found not far from the exit of Pooh's Hunny Hunt, is taken over by a Treat Trail, this one hosted by a seemingly infinite army of Heffalumps & Woozles! The projected fiends seem to appear from all directions and angles, ready to steal our prized candy!

MORE TO COME

Attachments

• 1570658046937.png
    1570658046937.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 290

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom