Mirror Disneyland - An Alternate History

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
I'm not really interested, personally, in tackling a Warner Bros. theme park on my own. I'd love to see a Warner Bros. theme park done right, however. @Evilgidgit, you should totally go for it!

I do want to step aside from Halloween Time for a bit and talk a little about Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge.

If you have not seen anything from the recently opened land at Disneyland and don't want to until you experience the land in Florida or California, stop reading now. There be spoilers ahead.

However, seeing as Galaxy's Edge is near-perfect, at the moment at least, I have done little to alter WDI's current masterpiece. There are a few subtle (or somewhat major) changes or details I have implemented. For instance, I have incorporated Background Music into the land, and more Audio-Animatronics creatures and aliens throughout the village.

For those who have followed this project since the beginning, you'll remember that Galaxy's Edge was the only land we didn't cover. Guess what? We're about to. Well, kind of.

A lot of this overview is taken directly from the official Disneyland website and the Disney Parks Blog, with some minor tweaks. I mean, the source says it best, folks.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge

"For over a thousand generations, the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times, before the Empire."

On the edge of the galaxy, between the Unknown Regions and Wild Space, there is a long-forgotten planet called Batuu.

Batuu's largest village is a settlement known as Black Spire Outpost, which has become a thriving destination for those who would prefer to go about their business unnoticed - scoundrels, rogues, smugglers and, recently, whispers in the woods reporting sightings of individuals associated with the Resistance.

News of the Resistance has drawn the attention of the First Order, eager to stomp out any remaining flickers of opposition to their absolute control.

Amid this brewing conflict, sits an exotic outpost surrounded by a beautiful landscape dominated by the petrified remains of towering ancient trees, from which Black Spire Outpost draws its name. The modern village is built on the remains of crumbling structures built by a long-extinct civilization.

Chat with the locals, and meet travelers from across the galaxy. Wander a street market filled with rare and unusual artifacts - and more than a few hidden treasures.

Ironically, our portal into the universe of Star Wars is not found through the expected Tomorrowland, but instead through the once desolate Big Thunder Trail and shadow of Thunder Mesa Expedition in Frontierland.

The peculiar butte and rock-formations are a near-seamless transition with the alien color and life of the well-concealed Batuu beyond the desert mountaintops. The area is all-too-reminiscent of Tatooine and its Jundland Wastes. It seems as if, at any moment, a Jawa or Tusken Raider could come barreling out of the underbrush in a surprise attack. Better one of those creatures than a dreaded Krayt Dragon...

Frontierland is all but a distant memory as we travel beneath a railroad trestle, through a cavernous passageway, and into the exotic settlement of Black Spire Outpost. It is a brilliant and breathtaking reveal and transition, comparable to the first moment one enters Fantasyland through Sleeping Beauty Castle. We have, undeniably, left Earth and entered a galaxy far, far away in a time long ago. The petrified trees and soaring architecture are almost imposing, entirely larger than life - and imagination.

Tomorrowland 2155 introduced the idea of a thriving, inhabited spaceport. Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge perfected it.

To dedicate Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger was joined in front of the Millennium Falcon by Star Wars icons including George Lucas, Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Billy Dee Williams. And during the historic ceremony - which was set to the John Williams score composed especially for the land - the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy (the Millennium Falcon) roared to life for the first time.

Galaxy's Edge opened to the public on May 31, 2019 and at the Walt Disney World Resort on August 29 that same year. John Williams, as previously stated, composed the unique orchestral theme for the new land, his first ever collaboration with Walt Disney Imagineering and Disneyland Park.

Initially, Black Spire Outpost was entirely devoid of Background Music. Only the sounds of an exotic marketplace - droid chatter, alien noise - filled the otherwise vacant air. It didn't take long for the introduction of several other classic John Williams and Star Wars themes. The featured songs include:

1. "Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Symphonic Suite" - John Williams, Disneyland Park & Disney's Hollywood Studios Park
2. "The Rebel Fleet/End Title" - John Williams, Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
3. "Parade of the Ewoks" - John Williams, Star Wars: Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
4. "Rey's Theme" - John Williams, Star Wars: The Force Awakens
5. "March of the First Order" - John Williams, Star Wars: The Force Awakens
6. "The Imperial March" - John Williams, Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
7. "The Force Theme (Binary Sunset)" - John Williams, Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
8. "Yoda and the Force" - John Williams, Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
9. "Across the Stars (Love Theme)" - Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
10. "Princess Leia's Theme" - Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
11. "Ewok Celebration and Finale" - Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
12. "The Battle of Crait" - Star Wars: The Last Jedi
13. "March of the Resistance" - Star Wars: The Force Awakens
14. "Han Solo and the Princess (Love Theme)" - Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
15. "Emperor's Throne Room" - Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities
Dok-Ondar is the Ithorian you seek for selling and buying rare and uniquely-valued (and acquired) items, antiques and artifacts from across the galaxy and spanning all eras of history. Hidden inside the den, we'll encounter a rotating collection of unique items that include everything from jewelry, to ancient tools, to rare kyber crystals, to statues - and even a collection of famous lightsabers. The eclectic assortment of goods comes from many different planets and eras.

How Dok-Ondar acquired all of these treasures, no one knows. Some secrets are better off kept that way. Other secrets are better off kept for sale on the shelves of Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities. A constant presence in his den, Dok-Ondar resonates with something mysterious, enigmatic and almost mystical - and so do the objects he gathers.

His shop is packed with crates, boxes and assorted carvings, and a close inspection reveals that each object has its own story to tell. Everything is carefully curated and arranged according to an unknown order. When one stumbles upon something, they might wonder - did they discover it by chance or were they meant to find it?

Oga's Cantina

Welcome to the local cantina, where smugglers, bounty hunters, rogue traders and weary travelers of all ages come together to refuel, enjoy music and conduct business - no questions asked. With an expansive menu of exotic concoctions for young ones and adults, the cantina is a welcome rest stop before our upcoming galactic journey.

We enjoy the bold musical entertainment courtesy of droid DJ R-3X, a former Starspeeder 3000 Pilot. The cantina adheres to proprietor Oga Garra's strict code of conduct, but patrons can be...unpredictable, so just keep your head down - and drink casual.

Oga's specializes in fantastical drinks sourced with ingredients from across the galaxy that will delight even the youngest crew members. To order selections with alcohol - like the Jedi Mind Trick cocktail, Bad Motivator IPA or Toniray wine - they will need to see your identification.

More to come! There is still a ton of Galaxy's Edge, revised or otherwise, to cover! Stay tuned.

DisneyManOne

Two questions, my friend. First: When will the next part be coming out?

Second: How many more attractions are you going to go into more detail on? The reason I ask this is because I'm really excited to hear your ideas for WestCOT. Given that I plan to start work on EPCOT in my New Horizons thread soon (only three more ride-throughts for the Magic Kingdom to go --technically, two rides and a parade), I'm eager to see how things would be different in this hypothetical Californian counterpart.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Two. Months.

Yessir, you read that correctly. I've been away for two months. Well over two months at this point. My apologies to everyone who was a faithful reader. :(

I started a full time job (at the Disneyland Resort to be cryptic) in May, and almost all my time and effort has been put into that. Well, that and my insane Halloween diorama.

/\ My pride and joy - Transylvania Springs. I set it up about two weeks ago after a year of planning, buying and designing. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do.

Anyways...

When last we left off on our adventure through Mirror Disneyland, we were exploring the furthest reaches of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. Having been to Galaxy's Edge myself on more than one occasion, I think this will be one land that doesn't receive much in regard to a drastic makeover or alteration. Save for, naturally, a few key differences.

1. Background Music: This was a key focus in the prior Galaxy's Edge post. I've thought long and hard on it, and the land could benefit from the orchestral themes of Star Wars. So, this remains an alteration.

2. Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run: Smuggler's Run is given more than one film and destination to offer more opportunities and desire for a re-ride. I had a huge smile on my face the duration of my first ride on Smuggler's Run. However, the second and third time were nowhere near as magical or awe-inspiring. It was practically the same experience. So I would absolutely add more content.

3. Table Service Restaurant: C'mon, Disney. Cutting the table service restaurant from Galaxy's Edge was a huge mistake. This original idea is preserved and implemented. You can find information on the would-be restaurant all over the internet. It includes exotic cuisine and live entertainment.

4. PeopleMover Attraction: Originally, plans for Galaxy's Edge had guests riding bantha-like creatures on an elevated track around and about Black Spire Outpost and beyond. Think a PeopleMover on the back of a huge furry creature. This is, in my universe, also implemented and retained from the original plans.

5. Streetmosphere Entertainment: Also cut from Galaxy's Edge - street and sky entertainment. Originally, we were supposed to get puppeteers controlling drones (disguised as spacecraft) from the rooftops of Black Spire Outpost. Even so, we would have had droids and alien creatures roaming the streets. THIS IS IMPLEMENTED in Mirror Disneyland. I have no clue why this was cut, but holy cow, can you imagine how cool this would have been? This obvious choice is perhaps my favorite long-lost detail of Galaxy's Edge.

Now. Where do we go from here? Well, with all the excitement from D23 yesterday, there's really only one direction to take our Mirror Disneyland in.

Stay tuned.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
When last we left our tour of Mirror Disneyland and its respective Resort, we finished our tour of Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom with the newest addition to the Park's legacy - Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge.

But before we dive back into this alternate reality of the world's most beloved theme park, why not take a look at all the many shops, restaurants, attractions and entertainment we can find in Mirror Disneyland itself?

Main Street, U.S.A.

Attractions & Entertainment

1. The Disneyland Railroad
2. Main Street Vehicles
3. The Hook 'n' Ladder Co.
4. The Dapper Dans
5. The Walt Disney Story Featuring "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln"
6. The Disneyland Band
7. Main Street Cinema
8. Main Street Shooting Gallery
9. Penny Arcade
10. Keystone Cops
11. Fantasy on Parade
12. Main Street Electrical Parade
13. *Unnamed* Firework Spectacular

Shopping & Dining

1. Main Street Emporium
2. Wurlitzer Music Hall
3. Great American Egg House
4. Magic Shop
5. Great American Pastimes
6. Market House
7. Main Street Flower Mart
8. Walgreen's Apothecary
9. Candle Shop
10. Book Store
11. Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor & Restaurant
12. Sunkist Citrus House
13. Candy Palace
14. Corner Cafe
15. Hallmark Store
16. Disney Clothiers Ltd.
17. Silhouette Studio
18. Crystal Arts
19. China Closet
20. Nikon Photo Supply
21. Jolly Holiday Bakery
22. Plaza Inn
23. Little Red Wagon Corn Dog Cart
24. Newsstands

Liberty Street

1. The American Adventure
2. Revolutionary History Museum
3. Fife & Drums Corp.
4. The Muppets Present...Great Moments in American History
5. Ichabod's Midnight Ride

Shopping & Dining

1. Blacksmith Shop
2. Paul Revere's Silver Shop
3. Washington Tavern
4. New England Print Shop
5. Samuel Osgood, Postmaster General
6. Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe
7. Colonial Shoppers

Adventureland

1. Indiana Jones Adventure
2. Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room
3. Moana: The Heart of Te Fiti
4. Jungle Friends
5. Paradise Springs Swingers
6. Trinidad and Tobago Showboat Orchestra
7. Colonel Hathi's Safari Club
8. The Jungle Cruise
9. Swiss Family Treehouse
10. Runaway Ore Cars

Shopping & Dining

1. Tiki Juice Bar
2. Tahitian Terrace Restaurant
3. Adventureland Bazaar
4. Angry Rhino Tavern
5. Adventureland Veranda

New Orleans Square

1. The Royal Street Bachelors
2. Pirates of the Caribbean
3. Rogues' Gallery
4. Disney Gallery
5. Jambalaya Jazz Band
6. The Disneyland Railroad
7. The Haunted Mansion

Shopping & Dining

1. Blue Bayou Restaurant
2. Pieces of Eight
3. Club 33
4. One-of-a-Kind Shop
5. Lafitte Jewelers
6. Cristal d'Orleans
7. Mlle. Antoinette's Perfumerie
8. Caricature Portrait Artist
9. Flower Marts & Candy Carts
10. Porte d'Orleans
11. Creole Cafe
12. French Market
13. Mint Julep Bar
14. Dr. Facilier's Voodoo Emporium

Folktale Forest

1. Splash Mountain
2. Bluegrass Boys
3. Hoedown Happening
4. Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes
5. Mike Fink Keel Boats
6. Rafts to Tom Sawyer's Island
7. Country Bear Playhouse
8. Pecos Bill's Wilderness Arcade
9. The Roost

Shopping & Dining

1. Little Hiawatha Trading Post
2. Johnny Appleseed's Fruit Cart
3. Aunt Polly's Kitchen
4. Paul Bunyan's Mile Long Bar
5. Crocodile Mercantile

Frontierland

1. Golden Horseshoe Revue
2. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
3. Mark Twain Riverboat
4. Sailing Ship Columbia
5. Tom Sawyer Island
6. Woody's Roundup
7. Thunder Mesa Expedition
8. Fantasmic!

Shopping & Dining

1. General Store
2. Westward Ho! Trading Co.
3. Assay Office
4. Golden Horseshoe Saloon
5. Silver Banjo Barbecue
6. Toy Barn
7. Ship to Shore Marketplace

Fantasyland

1. Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough
2. Make-Believe Brass
3. Sword in the Stone Ceremony
4. King Arthur Carrousel
5. Snow White's Scary Adventures
6. Jolly Holiday with Mary Poppins
7. Pooh's Hunny Hunt
8. Peter Pan's Flight
9. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
10. Storybook Land Canal Boats
11. Alice in Wonderland
12. Mad Tea Party
13. Matterhorn Bobsleds
14. "it's a small world"
15. Frozen Ever After
16. Royal Sommerhus
17. Dumbo the Flying Elephant
18. Casey Jr. Circus Train
19. Pinocchio's Daring Journey
20. Mickey's Madcap Circus
21. Toy Story Mania!
22. Disneyland Railroad
23. Giggle Gas Gang
24. Storytelling at Royal Theatre
25. Royal Hall

Shopping & Dining

1. Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
2. Castle Heraldry Shoppe
3. Pooh Corner
4. Mad Hatter (Not Included in Overview)
5. Captain Hook's Galley
6. Edelweiss Snacks (Not Included in Overview)
7. Small World Imports
8. Wandering Oaken's Trading Post (and Sauna)
9. Big Top Souvenirs
10. Big Top Treats
11. Geppetto's Toy Tent
12. Stromboli's Cart (Not Included in Overview)
13. Fairy Tale Treasures
14. Maurice's Treats

Hollywoodland

1. The Red Car Trolley
2. Citizens of Hollywoodland
3. Five & Dime
4. CineMagic
5. Disney Animation
6. Roger Rabbit's Runaway Trolley
7. The Great Movie Ride
8. Jim Henson's Muppet*Vision 3D
9. The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Shopping & Dining

1. Philippe's
2. Oswald's Filling Station
3. Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe
4. Terminal Bar (Gift Shop)
5. Ink & Paint Club
6. Gag Factory
7. Hotel Gifts
8. Muppet Studio Store (Not Included in Overview)

Tomorrowland

1. Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
2. Orbitron
3. The Visionarium: From Time to Time
4. Adventure Thru Inner Space
5. Space Mountain
6. Guardians of the Galaxy - Destination: Tomorrowland
7. ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter
8. Iron Man Experience
9. Avengers Hall of Fame
10. Disneyland Monorail
11. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: Atlantis Expedition
12. Autopia
13. The Disneyland Railroad

Shopping & Dining

1. The Astronomer's Club
2. Merchant of Venus
3. Pan-Galactic Pizza Port
4. Expo Gifts
5. Stan's Comics
6. Tomorrowland Terrace
7. Autopia Winner's Circle

1. Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
2. Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run
3. Savi's Workshop - Handbuilt Lightsabers
4. Droid Depot
5. *Unnamed* Creature Transport

Shopping & Dining

1. Kat Saka's Kettle
2. Ronto Roasters
3. Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo
4. Oga's Cantina
5. Milk Stand
6. Resistance Supply
7. Creature Stall
8. Toydarian Toymaker
9. Black Spire Outfitters
10. Jewels of Bith
11. Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities
12. First Order Cargo
13. *Unnamed* Table Service Restaurant with Live Entertainment

"
But the most exciting and by far the most important part of our Florida project… in fact, the heart of everything we’ll be doing in Disney World… will be our Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow! We call it E.P.C.O.T.

E.P.C.O.T will be an experimental prototype community of tomorrow that will take its cue from the new ideas and new technologies that are now emerging from the creative centers of American industry. It will be a community of tomorrow that will never be completed, but will always be introducing and testing and demonstrating new materials and systems.

And E.P.C.O.T will always be a showcase to the world for the ingenuity and imagination of American free enterprise. I don’t believe there’s a challenge anywhere in the world that’s more important to people everywhere than finding solutions to the problems of our cities. But where do we begin… how do we start answering this great challenge? Well, we’re convinced we must start with the public need. And the need is for starting from scratch on virgin land and building a special kind of new community.

So that’s what E.P.C.O.T is… an experimental prototype community that will always be in a state of becoming. It will never cease to be a living blueprint of the future, where people actually live a life they can’t find anywhere else in the world. Everything in E.P.C.O.T will be dedicated to the happiness of the people who will live, work, and play here… and to those who come here from all around the world to visit our living showcase. We don’t presume to know all the answers. In fact, we’re counting on the cooperation of American industry to provide their best thinking during the planning and creation of our Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow….

And most important of all, when E.P.C.O.T has become a reality and we find the need for technologies that don’t even exist today, it’s our hope that E.P.C.O.T
will stimulate American industry to develop new solutions that will meet the needs of people expressed right here in this experimental community." - Walt Disney

Walt knew he would not see the completion of his "Florida Project" and that the job would be left to his brother Roy. Still, Walt would sit in his hospital bed at Saint Joseph's Hospital in Burbank, across from his beloved Studio, and there, despite his condition, would plot and map the design of his new Florida property among the ceiling tiles of his hospital room.

Later, when Roy would come and visit, Walt would explain the location of the Magic Kingdom and other Guest experiences he was planning and designing. Walt also plotted what he had called his "greatest gift to mankind"; and that was to be EPCOT Center.

EPCOT Center was to be the heart of "The Florida Project." When Walt Disney World opened in 1971, the actual geographic center of the whole forty-three-square-mile destination was where later EPCOT Center was placed. It would be known as the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow. It was to be an ever-changing laboratory where the greatest minds could come together and solve the problems of the world as well as a community of nations that would serve as a showcase of harmony and goodwill.

While Walt's visualized "Progress City" was never built, a spectacular scale model was, and still is, presented to passengers aboard the Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover in both Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World (the latter a replica). As Walt envisioned it, people would actually live and work in Epcot - an idea that came true thirty years later at Celebration, a community of homes, shops and workplaces built on a portion of the Walt Disney World property.

In the late 1970s, then Disney CEO Card Walker wanted to revisit the EPCOT idea. Still, the Disney Board was wary and agreed that Walt's vision for EPCOT would not work in its initial design. The result of a compromise was the EPCOT Center theme park (now Epcot), which opened on October 1, 1982. It was not a city, but rather that of a World's Fair.

"To all who come to this place of joy, hope and friendship, welcome. Epcot is inspired by Walt Disney's creative vision. Here, human achievements are celebrated through imagination, wonders of enterprise and concepts of a future that promises new and exciting benefits for all. May EPCOT Center entertain, inform and inspire and above all, may it instill a new sense of belief and pride in man's ability to shape a world that offers hope to people everywhere."
- E. Cardon Walker

The fully realized EPCOT Center would celebrate culture, diversity and cutting edge technology focused on our humanity, history and the world we live in. "World Showcase" in Epcot was originally going to be a separate theme park. The idea was to combine representations of the nations of the world together within two huge twin structures that formed semi-circular malls. Each of the pavilions, visible only from the front, would be situated closely side-by-side, with their entrances open to the central core of the mall. The layout was considered so that each of the pavilions represented would appear to be the same size. Once through the front door, the pavilions could be extended in length as far as the country wished to sponsor.

Although sound in theory, the layout did not allow the designers to visually capture the essence of each of the participating countries. So the focus turned to the rich architectural diversity of each country. Each pavilion could be designed to present a look and style that reflected its ethnic architectural heritage. Not only would the pavilions be more visually exciting from afar, they would be immediately recognizable as the country each represented.

The new design also eliminated an indoor-only experience by separating the once-attached, enclosed pavilions. Guests could transition from one pavilion to the next and experience the ambiance, music and architecture. It was also decided that the World Showcase pavilions would belong to EPCOT Center, forming a colorful league of nations around the scenic shores of a central lagoon. Future World would be the connecting "World's Fair" and prelude to the adjacent World Showcase.

More to come!!
This introduction to WestCOT Center borrows much text and inspiration from Maps of the Disney Parks (Text by Kevin and Susan Neary), Theme Park Tourist.com, Yesterland.com, Wikipedia, and of course, Walt Disney Imagineering: A Behind the Dreams Look at Making the Magic Real.

DisneyManOne

When last we left our tour of Mirror Disneyland and its respective Resort, we finished our tour of Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom with the newest addition to the Park's legacy - Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge.

But before we dive back into this alternate reality of the world's most beloved theme park, why not take a look at all the many shops, restaurants, attractions and entertainment we can find in Mirror Disneyland itself?

Main Street, U.S.A.

1. The Disneyland Railroad
2. Main Street Vehicles
3. The Hook 'n' Ladder Co.
4. The Dapper Dans
5. The Walt Disney Story Featuring "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln"
6. The Disneyland Band
7. Main Street Cinema
8. Main Street Shooting Gallery
9. Penny Arcade
10. Keystone Cops
11. Fantasy on Parade
12. Main Street Electrical Parade
13. *Unnamed* Firework Spectacular

Shopping & Dining

1. Main Street Emporium
2. Wurlitzer Music Hall
3. Great American Egg House
4. Magic Shop
5. Great American Pastimes
6. Market House
7. Main Street Flower Mart
8. Walgreen's Apothecary
9. Candle Shop
10. Book Store
11. Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor & Restaurant
12. Sunkist Citrus House
13. Candy Palace
14. Corner Cafe
15. Hallmark Store
16. Disney Clothiers Ltd.
17. Silhouette Studio
18. Crystal Arts
19. China Closet
20. Nikon Photo Supply
21. Jolly Holiday Bakery
22. Plaza Inn
23. Little Red Wagon Corn Dog Cart
24. Newsstands

Liberty Street

1. The American Adventure
2. Revolutionary History Museum
3. Fife & Drums Corp.
4. The Muppets Present...Great Moments in American History
5. Ichabod's Midnight Ride

Shopping & Dining

1. Blacksmith Shop
2. Paul Revere's Silver Shop
3. Washington Tavern
4. New England Print Shop
5. Samuel Osgood, Postmaster General
6. Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe
7. Colonial Shoppers

Adventureland

1. Indiana Jones Adventure
2. Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room
3. Moana: The Heart of Te Fiti
4. Jungle Friends
5. Paradise Springs Swingers
6. Trinidad and Tobago Showboat Orchestra
7. Colonel Hathi's Safari Club
8. The Jungle Cruise
9. Swiss Family Treehouse
10. Runaway Ore Cars

Shopping & Dining

1. Tiki Juice Bar
2. Tahitian Terrace Restaurant
3. Adventureland Bazaar
4. Angry Rhino Tavern
5. Adventureland Veranda

New Orleans Square

1. The Royal Street Bachelors
2. Pirates of the Caribbean
3. Rogues' Gallery
4. Disney Gallery
5. Jambalaya Jazz Band
6. The Disneyland Railroad
7. The Haunted Mansion

Shopping & Dining

1. Blue Bayou Restaurant
2. Pieces of Eight
3. Club 33
4. One-of-a-Kind Shop
5. Lafitte Jewelers
6. Cristal d'Orleans
7. Mlle. Antoinette's Perfumerie
8. Caricature Portrait Artist
9. Flower Marts & Candy Carts
10. Porte d'Orleans
11. Creole Cafe
12. French Market
13. Mint Julep Bar
14. Dr. Facilier's Voodoo Emporium

Folktale Forest

1. Splash Mountain
2. Bluegrass Boys
3. Hoedown Happening
4. Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes
5. Mike Fink Keel Boats
6. Rafts to Tom Sawyer's Island
7. Country Bear Playhouse
8. Pecos Bill's Wilderness Arcade
9. The Roost

Shopping & Dining

1. Little Hiawatha Trading Post
2. Johnny Appleseed's Fruit Cart
3. Aunt Polly's Kitchen
4. Paul Bunyan's Mile Long Bar
5. Crocodile Mercantile

Frontierland

1. Golden Horseshoe Revue
2. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
3. Mark Twain Riverboat
4. Sailing Ship Columbia
5. Tom Sawyer Island
6. Woody's Roundup
7. Thunder Mesa Expedition
8. Fantasmic!

Shopping & Dining

1. General Store
2. Westward Ho! Trading Co.
3. Assay Office
4. Golden Horseshoe Saloon
5. Silver Banjo Barbecue
6. Toy Barn
7. Ship to Shore Marketplace

Fantasyland

1. Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough
2. Make-Believe Brass
3. Sword in the Stone Ceremony
4. King Arthur Carrousel
5. Snow White's Scary Adventures
6. Jolly Holiday with Mary Poppins
7. Pooh's Hunny Hunt
8. Peter Pan's Flight
9. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
10. Storybook Land Canal Boats
11. Alice in Wonderland
12. Mad Tea Party
13. Matterhorn Bobsleds
14. "it's a small world"
15. Frozen Ever After
16. Royal Sommerhus
17. Dumbo the Flying Elephant
18. Casey Jr. Circus Train
19. Pinocchio's Daring Journey
20. Mickey's Madcap Circus
21. Toy Story Mania!
22. Disneyland Railroad
23. Giggle Gas Gang
24. Storytelling at Royal Theatre
25. Royal Hall

Shopping & Dining

1. Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
2. Castle Heraldry Shoppe
3. Pooh Corner
4. Mad Hatter (Not Included in Overview)
5. Captain Hook's Galley
6. Edelweiss Snacks (Not Included in Overview)
7. Small World Imports
8. Wandering Oaken's Trading Post (and Sauna)
9. Big Top Souvenirs
10. Big Top Treats
11. Geppetto's Toy Tent
12. Stromboli's Cart (Not Included in Overview)
13. Fairy Tale Treasures
14. Maurice's Treats

Hollywoodland

1. The Red Car Trolley
2. Citizens of Hollywoodland
3. Five & Dime
4. CineMagic
5. Disney Animation
6. Roger Rabbit's Runaway Trolley
7. The Great Movie Ride
8. Jim Henson's Muppet*Vision 3D
9. The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Shopping & Dining

1. Philippe's
2. Oswald's Filling Station
3. Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe
4. Terminal Bar (Gift Shop)
5. Ink & Paint Club
6. Gag Factory
7. Hotel Gifts
8. Muppet Studio Store (Not Included in Overview)

Tomorrowland

1. Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
2. Orbitron
3. The Visionarium: From Time to Time
4. Adventure Thru Inner Space
5. Space Mountain
6. Guardians of the Galaxy - Destination: Tomorrowland
7. ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter
8. Iron Man Experience
9. Avengers Hall of Fame
10. Disneyland Monorail
11. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: Atlantis Expedition
12. Autopia
13. The Disneyland Railroad

Shopping & Dining

1. The Astronomer's Club
2. Merchant of Venus
3. Pan-Galactic Pizza Port
4. Expo Gifts
5. Stan's Comics
6. Tomorrowland Terrace
7. Autopia Winner's Circle

1. Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
2. Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run
3. Savi's Workshop - Handbuilt Lightsabers
4. Droid Depot
5. *Unnamed* Creature Transport

Shopping & Dining

1. Kat Saka's Kettle
2. Ronto Roasters
3. Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo
4. Oga's Cantina
5. Milk Stand
6. Resistance Supply
7. Creature Stall
8. Toydarian Toymaker
9. Black Spire Outfitters
10. Jewels of Bith
11. Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities
12. First Order Cargo
13. *Unnamed* Table Service Restaurant with Live Entertainment

"
But the most exciting and by far the most important part of our Florida project… in fact, the heart of everything we’ll be doing in Disney World… will be our Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow! We call it E.P.C.O.T.

E.P.C.O.T will be an experimental prototype community of tomorrow that will take its cue from the new ideas and new technologies that are now emerging from the creative centers of American industry. It will be a community of tomorrow that will never be completed, but will always be introducing and testing and demonstrating new materials and systems.

And E.P.C.O.T will always be a showcase to the world for the ingenuity and imagination of American free enterprise. I don’t believe there’s a challenge anywhere in the world that’s more important to people everywhere than finding solutions to the problems of our cities. But where do we begin… how do we start answering this great challenge? Well, we’re convinced we must start with the public need. And the need is for starting from scratch on virgin land and building a special kind of new community.

So that’s what E.P.C.O.T is… an experimental prototype community that will always be in a state of becoming. It will never cease to be a living blueprint of the future, where people actually live a life they can’t find anywhere else in the world. Everything in E.P.C.O.T will be dedicated to the happiness of the people who will live, work, and play here… and to those who come here from all around the world to visit our living showcase. We don’t presume to know all the answers. In fact, we’re counting on the cooperation of American industry to provide their best thinking during the planning and creation of our Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow….

And most important of all, when E.P.C.O.T has become a reality and we find the need for technologies that don’t even exist today, it’s our hope that E.P.C.O.T
will stimulate American industry to develop new solutions that will meet the needs of people expressed right here in this experimental community." - Walt Disney

View attachment 402153

Walt knew he would not see the completion of his "Florida Project" and that the job would be left to his brother Roy. Still, Walt would sit in his hospital bed at Saint Joseph's Hospital in Burbank, across from his beloved Studio, and there, despite his condition, would plot and map the design of his new Florida property among the ceiling tiles of his hospital room.

Later, when Roy would come and visit, Walt would explain the location of the Magic Kingdom and other Guest experiences he was planning and designing. Walt also plotted what he had called his "greatest gift to mankind"; and that was to be EPCOT Center.

EPCOT Center was to be the heart of "The Florida Project." When Walt Disney World opened in 1971, the actual geographic center of the whole forty-three-square-mile destination was where later EPCOT Center was placed. It would be known as the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow. It was to be an ever-changing laboratory where the greatest minds could come together and solve the problems of the world as well as a community of nations that would serve as a showcase of harmony and goodwill.

While Walt's visualized "Progress City" was never built, a spectacular scale model was, and still is, presented to passengers aboard the Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover in both Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World (the latter a replica). As Walt envisioned it, people would actually live and work in Epcot - an idea that came true thirty years later at Celebration, a community of homes, shops and workplaces built on a portion of the Walt Disney World property.

In the late 1970s, then Disney CEO Card Walker wanted to revisit the EPCOT idea. Still, the Disney Board was wary and agreed that Walt's vision for EPCOT would not work in its initial design. The result of a compromise was the EPCOT Center theme park (now Epcot), which opened on October 1, 1982. It was not a city, but rather that of a World's Fair.

"To all who come to this place of joy, hope and friendship, welcome. Epcot is inspired by Walt Disney's creative vision. Here, human achievements are celebrated through imagination, wonders of enterprise and concepts of a future that promises new and exciting benefits for all. May EPCOT Center entertain, inform and inspire and above all, may it instill a new sense of belief and pride in man's ability to shape a world that offers hope to people everywhere."
- E. Cardon Walker

The fully realized EPCOT Center would celebrate culture, diversity and cutting edge technology focused on our humanity, history and the world we live in. "World Showcase" in Epcot was originally going to be a separate theme park. The idea was to combine representations of the nations of the world together within two huge twin structures that formed semi-circular malls. Each of the pavilions, visible only from the front, would be situated closely side-by-side, with their entrances open to the central core of the mall. The layout was considered so that each of the pavilions represented would appear to be the same size. Once through the front door, the pavilions could be extended in length as far as the country wished to sponsor.

Although sound in theory, the layout did not allow the designers to visually capture the essence of each of the participating countries. So the focus turned to the rich architectural diversity of each country. Each pavilion could be designed to present a look and style that reflected its ethnic architectural heritage. Not only would the pavilions be more visually exciting from afar, they would be immediately recognizable as the country each represented.

The new design also eliminated an indoor-only experience by separating the once-attached, enclosed pavilions. Guests could transition from one pavilion to the next and experience the ambiance, music and architecture. It was also decided that the World Showcase pavilions would belong to EPCOT Center, forming a colorful league of nations around the scenic shores of a central lagoon. Future World would be the connecting "World's Fair" and prelude to the adjacent World Showcase.

More to come!!
This introduction to WestCOT Center borrows much text and inspiration from Maps of the Disney Parks (Text by Kevin and Susan Neary), Theme Park Tourist.com, Yesterland.com, Wikipedia, and of course, Walt Disney Imagineering: A Behind the Dreams Look at Making the Magic Real.

Absolutely wonderful!

Coincidentally, I want to go back and update my own EPCOT ideas in the wake of the various D23 announcements they made about the park. Frankly, with the splitting up of Future World into three distinct areas, I think that renders one of my pavilions rather obsolete.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Since the official name of the Marvel area is call Avengers Campus do you sorta plan to use that name for a future park or resort?

Probably not. Pretty much all of my Marvel content is featured in Tomorrowland. So think more along the lines of HKDL's expansion.

Today's update borrows much from Yesterland's wonderful article about the would-be WestCOT.

beE9S9AtW_ShZFZ8Hdc52g_Y5o9-etNU_R9P-VnakFp3K5Eowd5u82dH-4km4Hmr1JPoXRF1atdIDhRSDcoUKc9zGcA5gXtrbY39O8HSDgqJ9j76rg3umXc9_GbDgLiHkQpaoFi7

The original EPCOT Center relied heavily on corporate and international sponsorship in the development of its many large-scale pavilions, attractions and ideas. The concept was simple: EPCOT Center would be a permanent World’s Fair.

After surviving, albeit narrowly, several hostile takeover attempts following the death of Walt Disney in 1966, the Walt Disney Company brought in Michael Eisner (as CEO) and Frank Wells (as President) in 1984. Eisner and Wells revitalized the tired company. A proposed “Disney Decade” would broaden its family of theme parks and hotels all over the world, including the creation of the Euro Disney Resort (now Disneyland Paris), Disney-MGM Studios (now Disney’s Hollywood Studios), and the largest and boldest idea ever conceived by Imagineering - WestCOT Center and the Disneyland Resort.

uou4Uwnjolsg5GuH1tLpQLYNuJxSKoU8Vk4KhfBcdrn3CKu23qxvOinDl31H8afJ5poVMzKeZvGb4ELzKuKH9rkvZZp8ZyOf5eYU7oU0vexdHE-5ogPsLkkDmJw5868Q8TfDrvbh

In 1991, it was announced that a multi-billion dollar investment would transform the once quiet Disneyland Park into an amazing, full-fledged vacation destination. The fully visualized plan would include the next generation of theme parks, multiple hotels, a shopping and dining district, a state-of-the-art amphitheater, and the complete transformation of the surrounding Anaheim into a beautiful, eco-friendly garden district. The “Anaheim Commercial Recreation Area” would include the Disneyland Resort, and turn it into a multi-day destination, just like Walt Disney World. WestCOT Center - “Western Community of Tomorrow” - would be the centerpiece of this historic expansion, a celebration of our cultural diversity, humanity, future, and history. WestCOT Center opened on December 2, 1995.

WestCOT was, and still is, a groundbreaking must-see. The newly christened Disneyland Resort welcomed a number of celebrities, humanitarians and scientific thinkers alike to welcome to the world a “second Epcot.” This incredible addition stood, in its time, as the world’s most detailed, fully realized theme park, and maintained this title until the opening of Tokyo DisneySea just six years later.

UVMc7iqJJPbJtmUbujPoBPUxHmcf88EJGX7ul4HDZIu33iwYArFJ9oUb9HH1cMpha65BuLsBKZDP6bAKm5ZfDTvgm8vl_6zlSlNlRCNeN-_zyaVilcnXvLF6e9JIH9r9u0DD0Ya6

Our journey begins in the spectacular Venture Port, WestCOT’s answer to Main Street, U.S.A., or Epcot's "Future World."

Venture Port

EPCOT Center was designed like that of a World’s Fair. This, however, is not the case with WestCOT Center. In fact, the magnificent entrance to WestCOT is a far cry from the drab turnstiles and hot pavement of the elder Epcot. If you feel as if your jaw is ready to hit the floor upon entry, that is perfectly normal. Venture Port has that effect on people.

WestCOT tells the story of our world’s greatest resource - its people. People from the past, present and future, and all across the globe, are in showcase in this inspired tribute to our beloved planet and the varied achievements of mankind - and nature - that have since been (or will be) established. The Venture Port is “a futuristic gateway from which guests embark on magical journeys to the Wonders of WestCOT’s themed pavilions.” These pavilions include the Wonders of Living, Wonders of Earth, and Wonders of Imagination. Out beyond a central lagoon is WestCOT’s answer to World Showcase, known here as the Four Corners of the World: Asia, Africa, The Americas, and Europe. These are, respectively, the “Seven Wonders of WestCOT.” And what else would these "Seven Wonders" surround but the majestic, picturesque Seven Seas Lagoon, perhaps the largest body of water on Harbor Boulevard. ;)

Of course, Venture Port has all the expected amenities. A natural oasis of flowers, trees and hedges visually and aesthetically compliment the traditional Guest Relations, Camera Center, First Aid & Baby Care Center, Locker Rentals, and Venture Port Mercantile, the latter the respective stand-in for Main Street's beloved Emporium. The entrance to Venture Port from the colorful Esplanade is not through a bland turnstile, but instead through a greenhouse-like latticework of steel and glass, a futuristic "conservatory" if you will.

A meticulously-tiled bridge and series of triumphant waterfalls set our stage on a lush green island before the towering, glimmering Space Station Earth. This gargantuan gold sphere is the icon of WestCOT Center and, subsequently, an icon of the new Disneyland Resort, if not California itself. The massive sphere clocks in at an incredible 300-feet, encased within a delicate latticework of shimmering steel and fiber optic lighting. Epcot’s original Spaceship Earth is a mere 180-feet by comparison.

4ly0Q1IqR9EkfNk_WkU_zx1Tps6h_-c6kjACQxrJdCs44FiMqON-kMI215OFT9XketfW9I0nnE1AhFdPJ0veR33zHTtu47g2KFHQmtwOTBUSoQKWC9r6DxOF9Eo2-g6DfN2yMUWR

Space Station Earth houses WestCOT’s signature attraction: New Horizons; a ride through time and space in the showcase of man’s crowning achievements - technology, transportation, communication, food, health, energy, and future habitats on land, undersea and in space.

The first Horizons, located in EPCOT Center, opened on October 1, 1983. The classic dark ride was found in the “Future World” area, right alongside one classic attraction after the next, including Universe of Energy, World of Motion and, of course, Spaceship Earth. Horizons, unlike its neighbors, was described as being “dedicated to humanity’s future. It is a careful synthesis of all the wonders within Epcot, and applies the elements of communication, energy, transportation, creativity, and technology to a better life-style for the family of the future.”

The ride established a clear vision for the future from 1983, a spiritual sequel to Walt Disney's beloved Carousel of Progress; but still, the attraction held true well into the coming decade and beyond. It was quickly established, and even announced by 1991, that this beloved dark ride would be the star attraction held inside Space Station Earth, though, ironically, the original Horizons closed unexpectedly first in 1994, reopened, and later closed again in 1999.

O8VaZosWGt6KYnsffSlzp4R6RQcx4NeucQ-_7uzWGjHpLWm8da8scTGABnProGhOk1mMTCocvAmbWAaka15q3Uwb2fmlc6QVV_E10eKabbOFSVwNsrI8Xh-5gGP4BrRKLcA-Sirs

Given the large real estate held within the 300-foot Space Station Earth, WestCOT’s star attraction would receive a “star” makeover to boot. New Horizons is what many consider one of the finest attractions ever designed by Imagineering.

The wheels of time turn ever faster in this vision for the future with its roots in the past. This inspirational, 20-minute, Omnimover-style attraction starts an ascent through what our ancient primordial ancestors might have thought the future would have looked like - mammoth-transportation and flight via large twigs and palm leaves. The progress and culture of civilization shape and continue into a varied image over time, even appearing fantastical as through the future-imagining minds of Ancient Greece and Egypt, Jules Verne, and the color and nonsense of a 1950s B-Movie.

yvh7kF1eW_Lfxl9psUm-RnegGDBz0eREbrdDT1uomNNVdGAzs9m39NbY0RreED0ZZzajYUDvUENLRiqsfJ9oEBhwseJHJgxG7nQqsRKR7w2CMDGhGQyOxbcfYkYHD4fSCSDmvdt_

The “real” future, however, is magnificent. First, we soar through the urban Nova Cite, the expected and (presumably) Utopian metropolis. We then visit the crops and fields of Mesa Verde, once a barren desert turned oasis through future means of irrigation and farming. Seawater has become an excellent source of energy for the underwater-dwelling communities of Sea Castle and the shores beyond. This incredible expansion of civilization has even reached our Milky Way with the beautiful Brava Centauri space station afloat among the stars and planets.

In this future, and as it should stand today, it does not matter whether we come from different races, backgrounds, cultures or religions, we all have the same aspirations and dreams. Together, this peaceful and unified future can be achieved. “If we can dream it, then we can do it.”

More to come! I'm taking this at my own pace, so posts should be regular, but not too close together. Stay tuned!

Next time, we'll start looking into the other "Wonders" of Venture Port, not to mention the incredible Seven Seas Lagoon just beyond Space Station Earth and its lush little island.

DisneyManOne

I've always wondered how Horizons could be updated for the future. Would WestCOT's Horizons be updated as years go on? I've actually decided to go back and update the Horizons in my ideal EPCOT, to better fit a new generation.

DwhJlADUYAIAe71.jpg

New Horizons is the rock in which EPCOT casts its very foundation. Within its walls, New Horizons brings the entirety of World Celebration, World Discovery and World Nature together, uniting all prevalent themes into one spectacular attraction. Technology, transportation, food, health, history, space, imagination, and more connect the dots of creativity into a fantastic glimpse at our future from a scientific, nonsensical, or realistic viewpoint. Just about everyone is fascinated with the future and what it might hold for us. And New Horizons provided us with an inspiring and exciting look at how life may change for humanity in the years to come.

By the way, if you're wondering how Horizons would fit, I crafted this in Paint, showcasing that if Horizons were to overtake Mouse Gear, it would still be able to fit within the park without disrupting the monorail line. Of course, the landscape would have to be altered and the lagoons be pushed back in order to make way for such a big building, but it's certainly not impossible.

However, given that the old Horizons is very much outdated -- and that quite a few of the elements it depicted have indeed come to fruition -- this new version of Horizons would depict a new vision of the future, whilst still remaining faithful to the original. In fact, I would utilize @Harryg11's excellent outline for a new Horizons.

Setting off from a redesigned FuturePort, the wheels of time turn ever faster in this vision for the future with its roots in the past. This inspirational, 20-minute, Omnimover-style attraction is built as both a tribute to the original classic, and an inspiring look at new technologies. The experience is narrated by the old narrators' granddaughter from Mesa Verde and her "beachboy" husband. It seems only fitting to have this new version of Horizons narrated by the descendants of the old narrators. This new journey begins with a truncated "Looking Back at Tomorrow" sequence, featuring the Jules Verne, Robidas Paris and the 30's perception of the 80's. Then, we jump ahead to the future as seen through the eyes of the 80's -- the original Horizons. Four famous scenes from the O.G. Horizons have been recreated for this new version, to showcase how far we've come in such a short period of time. For Nova Cite, the old narrators' living room. For Mesa Verde, the harvester scene with the control booth and hover vehicle. For Sea Castle, the "beachboy's" solo sub repair room. Finally for Brava Centauri, the anti gravity room with the dog and the child's missing shoe.

From there, we jump ahead in time to see how these four cities would evolve with 21st-century technology in mind. We are treated to an even bigger and better adventure into the future with an ongoing message of coexisting with our fellow humans in a peaceful and unified world. In Nova Cite, the highways have been expanded to include lanes specifically for flying vehicles. Mesa Verde showcases how humans have learnt to live with a land affected by climate change -- showcasing more modern desert farming, dense forests filled with trees, and national parks where endangered species can be conserved. Sea Castle has been updated to showcase modern possibilities for how to colonize the seas and to make sure the coral reefs continue to flourish. Finally, Space Centauri depicts the harvesting many resources in the cosmos, plus the arrival of fusion power -- the power of the stars. Heading inside a space station, we see our guides step inside a teleportation tube to be sent back to Earth. From there, the ride ends much like the original did -- the teleportation tube has taken them to their family's home in Nova Cite for their nephew's birthday party. Leaving the revitalized utopia, we are given the opportunity to glance at our own future through the ride's spectacular finale: a simulated, "choose-your-own" journey back to the FuturePort. Via flight
(or submarine), we can choose one of three methods: land, sea, or space...

0037-005_the_prologue_and_the_promise.jpg

Often considered to be this park's masterpiece, New Horizons is the promise of a bigger and better future with an ongoing message of global unification and peace. In this future, and as it should stand today, it does not matter whether we come from different races, backgrounds, cultures or religions, we all have the same aspirations and dreams.Together, this peaceful and unified future can be achieved. If I may quote from the original ride's narrator, "If we can dream it, we really can do it. And that's the most exciting part."

I really feel that this would be an excellent way to bring Horizons into the 21st century, while still being a faithful tribute to the original classic.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
So it’s going to be called Stark Expo?

Nope, it's Tomorrowland still. I believe it is about three pages back if you want to re-check it out! The only two Marvel properties I opted to feature were GOTG and Iron-Man since they fit my vibe for Tomorrowland. There is a Hall of Fame, however, for the other characters to receive their deserved respect and attention.

@DisneyManOne, my take on New Horizons would for sure be updated over time, just as Spaceship Earth has been updated on more than one occasion through its lifetime. I'll definitely do a ride-through for it sooner or later as I did with Mirror Disneyland's Haunted Mansion. It's more than deserving of a ride-through experience for you guys to enjoy.

Twilight_Roxas

I know I thought it would be a good subland name for Tomorrowland’s Marvel area. Plus I meant a future Disney resort after Mirror Disneyland to use Avengers Campus.

Last edited:

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
If you haven't read the first few portions of WestCOT, featured on Page 7, please do so now. Nobody likes getting lost. ;)

Today's update is inspired by the Disney Parks Blog article for the Epcot Renovations, and again, from Yesterland. I think it is safe to assume that anything having to do with WestCOT will borrow much info and inspiration from Yesterland's wonderful article on the subject.

My vision for WestCOT is definitely a wild one thus far.

DELGOxwajmo1Z7MYHMz3X2g_DzZiZjAh9iQpBURruo3DvWsJWXxGpfnjY8G-CbfFYariN1Wzf_VslRceVl2WaJFF4u2yhzJJ7hqrjoq_NGTbo2xZt362vU0fDqA0tLI60kkD8KVV

Space Station Earth and New Horizons exit into Innoventions. “Innoventions” is, naturally, a combination of the words “innovation” and “invention” - therefore, the Innoventions show is exactly that - a cutting edge glimpse into the various future technologies and ideas of our ever and always changing world.

The all-indoor showcase of Innoventions is divided into one unique exhibit after another, all in focus on the wonder and imagination we might use to better our lives in the coming century. The House of the Future and Apple Exhibition, the latter hosted by the multinational Apple Inc., preview the up and coming best in personal living, consumer electronics, computer software, and online communication. The Tesla Showroom specializes in electric car displays and, through Tesla, Inc.’s Solar City subsidiary, solar panel manufacturing and use. The Blue Sky Laboratory is in showcase of a fascinating collection of sketches, paintings and 3D models to gain a better understanding of how artists, architects and engineers at WED Enterprises designed (or design) the upcoming attractions and adventures for the Disney Parks - worldwide.

Innoventions is almost a digital metropolis, if you will. It is all too reminiscent of an interactive “city,” bursting not with just corporate-sponsored exhibits and the latest in technological advances, but also in games, activities and experiences that connect guests with friends, family and beloved Disney characters - both real and virtual. Of course, Von Drake's House of Genius is the kookiest and most peculiar exhibition in WestCOT proper, let alone Innoventions.

The only major animated character Walt created especially for television, Professor Ludwig Von Drake is, as described by Walt, "an eminent psychologist, renowned color expert, etymologist" and "the most sought after lecturer in the world." This so called "House of Genius" is an unexpected delight - a look at the future of Mickey's Toontown... A quick tour through the Hall of Invention shows a number of utterly useless inventions and ideas - back-scratching robots, googly-eyed trash cans that chow down on garbage, dancing wind-up toys the size of automobiles, you name it, it's there. Von Drake Labs on the other hand is an interactive playground for scientists of all ages to explore. Various contraptions and whirligigs invite hands-on discovery and nonsense, often at the expense of an unwilling Donald caught as a stubborn participant in the wrong place at the right time.

The lighthearted House of Genius ends in Von Drake's "Sing-Along Stadium," a small viewing chamber for the kooky professor's fabulous Sing-Along tapes, including, but not limited to screenings of You Can Fly, Under the Sea, I Love to Laugh and Colors of the Wind, all remastered from their original VHS distribution. Von Drake and Donald even have their own Meet 'n' Greet here!

CyberSpace Mountain is, for lack of a better description, the “Roller Coaster Tycoon 3” of Disney Parks. This incredible exhibition has visitors design their own rocket-run through the cosmos, introduced to various layouts, settings and themes for their would-be coaster. Once complete, our amateur Imagineers are taken to a showroom to board enclosed simulators. The cylindrical simulators capture the exact movement of the entire coaster, as designed by the riders themselves.

Py_2kDIA8j7fkpY5WTPM0s1UDbC2YWS_VUG7_aq_ngQHafS-WOminOA92-g8WC-O6OjdjMKPOeChqrVzAcAl9xab7ce9tKHAWOy0Nb3LGkRKbCoXDUqdgj40bLMF3KpBYmFZfcDY

By combining state-of-the-art virtual-reality technology, physical sets and multi-sensory effects, including touch and smell, The VOID: Step Beyond Reality invites Innoventions visitors to become active participants in uniquely themed environments. Surrounded by 3D imagery and sound in an immersive story by ILMxLAB and The Void, brave heroes walk around freely without a tether as they explore an exciting new world. Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire, Ralph Breaks VR!, and Black Panther: Wakanda Escape are among the three featured adventures. Interact with popular characters and each other in a virtual environment designed to capture the groundbreaking technology - and the magic of illusion.

Innoventions even has a restaurant and gift shop to call its own! Come rain or shine, the Electric Umbrella has all the classic fare like burgers, chicken nuggets, desserts and soft drinks. Dine outdoors under the cool shade of a metallic canopy, or indoors amid colorful ambiance and electronic marvels. The Digital Bazaar represents an unexpected future for the modern department store. Imagine, for a moment, an incredible, seamless experience unifying the convenience and speed of online shopping with the fun and physicality of a day at the mall.

56QObg730-8INEvSj4Eh2K2pJQCjGSxLHYKKHyguvGKstN4I-DmlQr45ARQXtzm3e1dM3CDiW8jOg15vy2dHX_N8Eho_SGdUbnQqbvV9i7m8J_dfUCHICVdf7fGEoWno0H4SL7r8

“The 21st Century's Now!
There's history happening here!
Before you you see how the dream
Reached its culmination
The most thrilling sight one could see
With visions of things yet to be
A brilliant design of incredible scope
Constructed of miracles, magic and hope
A new kind of joy for this weary old sphere
And the 21st Century begins right here!”

The small “island” of Dreamers Point looks from the exit of Space Station Earth and Innoventions to the calm waters of the Seven Seas Lagoon and the Four Corners of the World beyond. “Daydreamer,” an original statue celebrating the legacy of the original dreamer, Walt Disney, proudly looks out to the lagoon, perhaps captured in thought for his vision of the original EPCOT Center. Dreamers Point is adorned with beautiful natural gardens and global design elements, including a beautiful Wishing Tree in an enchanted forest and the majestic Storyteller Fountain celebrating the power and music of iconic Disney storytelling.

The three “Wonders” of WestCOT’s Venture Port are unified and filled with new experiences rooted in authenticity and innovation that take us, the adventurer, to new destinations and marvelous aspirations, where the real is made fantastic in a celebration of curiosity, hands-on wonder and the magic of possibility. The sweeping entrance to WestCOT and Venture Port from the Esplanade, apart from being through a glass-and-steel canopy and over a bridge and series of waterfalls, is an experience designed to connect us with the world, with wide pathways, sweeping green spaces and homage to humanity.

se7H8pirOTTDAuaLSkflXFOWN3kQY-SmNYnDuGJNzLtvso8JVGAbWUpIbJhc9s3m8WmkOO3CgQn5Iim2nVPAERbv5mCDazA6Fi6HEy58cv_dB1bNmmYzVieBh1X1mFeco4EwIz-f

The Wonders of Earth is dedicated to understanding and preserving the beauty, awe and balance of the natural, historical and future world. In the Wonders of Imagination, stories about science, technology, magic, and fantastical adventure come to life. The Wonders of Living celebrate the experiences that connect us to one another and the world around us, as well as natural biology and the ingenuity and pride of the human spirit.

Each neighboring “Wonder” is enclosed; completely indoors. This allows for an interactive and immersive environment like a soundstage; the Imagineers have maximum flexibility and control. Tony Baxter said, “We hope that when you come away from those experiences you will have less fear and apprehension about becoming a part of that world.”

Walt Disney once said Epcot "would always be in a state of becoming" - it is a place that changes with the times. WestCOT lives up to that promise, as yearly, it holds a number of festivals and cultural celebrations, bringing the next generation of immersive storytelling and peaceful diversity to life through countless new and interchanging attractions and experiences.

The Festival Pavilion is an ideal place for live events, and the home of WestCOT's signature festivals. It offers a stunning elevated view of the entire park and an ideal spot to witness a signature nighttime spectacular held on the Seven Seas Lagoon. This beautiful, three-level structure has one of the most remarkable architectural designs at any Disney Park, featuring a plaza level, a middle expo level, and a lush park that sits in the sky on the top level. The pavilion was later introduced to Epcot in the early 2020s, a far gap from WestCOT's introduction of the Festival Pavilion in 1995.

The Four Festivals of WestCOT include:

Festival of the Arts: A celebration of visual, culinary and performing arts from January - February. The popular Disney on Broadway Concert Series offers a daily performance in showcase of The Lion King, Aladdin, and Beauty and the Beast among others. Interactive fun is around every corner. Visitors can help paint a mural, pose for a memorable photo in the frame of an iconic art piece, participate in a workshop, or take a break to watch a performance of artists in action.

Flower & Garden Festival: Millions of spring blossoms transform WestCOT into a wonderful world of brilliant color from March - June in a celebration of flowers, topiaries, themed food, libations and music. Featured gardens focus on butterflies, bees, bamboo and Shakespeare's metaphoric plants, while more than 100 Disney-themed topiaries - from Snow White to Cinderella - adorn the landscape.

Food & Wine Festival: This iconic culinary dine-around runs August - October, with more than 30 kiosks and marketplaces to offer tempting tastes and sips throughout WestCOT Center and its Festival Pavilion.

Festival of the Holidays: The annual yuletide celebration celebrates holiday traditions from around the world with live musical productions, spirited storytellers, seasonal lights and decor, delicious holiday treats and more. The celebration lasts from November - December, and invites holiday travelers to experience the story of peace on earth and goodwill toward men. Whereas Main Street, U.S.A. offers the traditional Candlelight Processional, the Festival Pavilion offers the experience of Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol narrated by a celebrity host to the cherished Christmas music performed by a professional orchestra and full cast of characters.

So obviously, Innoventions here is where you'll find most of the expected IP in WestCOT. For the most part, much of WestCOT will not rely on IP (with a few minor exceptions, like Ratatouille). A ton of the attractions in Venture Port and the Four Corners of the World will be based on original content, or even historic mythology. Expect an updated Maelstrom, a Sindbad attraction, and even an Ancient Egyptian attraction. Also, that Godzilla bullet train planned for Epcot? Well, you can expect that here, too. ;) But we'll explore those much later.

Next time, we'll dive right into our first major pavilion: The Wonders of Earth.

Twilight_Roxas

This is great. While the Marvel attractions is in Tomorrowland is WestCot going to well have Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind like in Epcot?

DisneyManOne

Regarding the "Sing-Along Stadium", in addition to those four you mentioned, Ludwig also co-hosted Fun with Music with Professor Owl.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom