Minnie Vans Gone For Good?

Lilofan

Talk about leaving money on the table -- can you imagine how much a true Disneyholic would pay for a used Minnie Van?
That's a good point. It takes a special Disney fanatic to think about buying a used Minnie Van. I'm sure someone has asked about the price of one.

No Name

The appeal of a paid service like this is largely fueled by Disney’s inability or unwillingness to provide a good free service. This creates a conflict of interest that I don’t like. It’s the same problem that charging for a fastpass-like option creates at amusement parks around the country.

Losing that fantastic pun will be the unfortunate part.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Went in one I believe twice...

Nothing special. The usual vanity surcharge for the label/packaging.

Don’t have any thoughts if they were to continue or go the way of the Dodo...as it’s purely optional and that’s ok.

GrumpyFan

What if they're not cancelled, but they spin the service off and let a third party run it? Someone like Mears Transportation maybe, who already operate Disney Magical Express? Seems like this could be a smart move for them, allowing someone else to carry it and the liabilities involved.

tissandtully

Original Poster
What if they're not cancelled, but they spin the service off and let a third party run it? Someone like Mears Transportation maybe, who already operate Disney Magical Express? Seems like this could be a smart move for them, allowing someone else to carry it and the liabilities involved.
It's been revealed there is no accuracy to this claim, we should probably close this thread. It was made up as an attempt to trick Tom.

GrumpyFan

It's been revealed there is no accuracy to this claim, we should probably close this thread. It was made up as an attempt to trick Tom.
Is that confirmed, or alleged? I thought he said he had more than one source.
Regardless, what's the harm in keeping it open?
When they return, it will be confirmed as false, or when they don' it will be a confirmed rumor.

tissandtully

Original Poster
Is that confirmed, or alleged? I thought he said he had more than one source.
Regardless, what's the harm in keeping it open?
When they return, it will be confirmed as false, or when they don' it will be a confirmed rumor.
Confirmed, I've seen the full e-mail that was sent. I don't know how Tom has multiple sources for a fake story, but there's definitely something fishy going on his end.

GrumpyFan

Confirmed, I've seen the full e-mail that was sent. I don't know how Tom has multiple sources for a fake story, but there's definitely something fishy going on his end.
Just curious how you know it's fake? Do you know the person who sent the email to prank him?

GrumpyFan

I've seen more of the e-mail that was in the initial screenshot, was sent it through a DM. It was enough to confirm it for me.
That would make it an unreliable Rumor, rather than just a regular Rumor?
I think we've seen plenty of both of those over the years from this site as well as many others. Still, at the end of the day, it's a "rumor".

You might be right that it's fake, but I think in this time of uncertainty, there's a lot of unpredictability of what will come next. It could be one of those that's out there and has a hint of truth or possibility to it. I would imagine that Disney is looking at a lot of their business lines and guest options right now to figure what makes the most sense for the next several months, and anything that's risky or hasn't turned huge profits in the past might be on the verge of being cut until business returns to normal levels.

Last edited:

tissandtully

Original Poster
That would make it an unreliable Rumor, rather than just a regular Rumor?
I think we've seen plenty of both of those over the years from this site as well as many others. Still, at the end of the day, it's a "rumor".
No, it would make it a made-up fabricated story. The person who sent it doesn't even work for Disney and acted like they were a CM with a rumor that was totally fake. It was submitted with no base in reality to Tom.

tissandtully

Original Poster
No, it would make it a made-up fabricated story. The person who sent it doesn't even work for Disney and acted like they were a CM with a rumor that was totally fake. It was submitted with no base in reality to Tom.
Your argument is that I could send an e-mail to The NY Times claiming to be an astronaut and that "the moon is totally made of cheese and also there's monkeys on the moon." That would be a rumor?

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Your argument is that I could send an e-mail to The NY Times claiming to be an astronaut and that "the moon is totally made of cheese and also there's monkeys on the moon." That would be a rumor?
Parties Debate Accuracy of Cheese Moon Claims
Researcher “doubtful” that cheese allows monkeys to breathe in a vacuum; proponents argue specific research never conducted on primates using cheese air

HauntedMansionFLA

It would probably make sense to cancel the leases, but I don't think that it necessarily means that Minnie Vans are good for good. More vehicles could easily be leased again in the future and restarted.

Also interesting to note that these service began in July 2017. So we are now at the 3 year point, which is a typical lease length.
Those cast members are non union role. Hopefully they can stay employed, if true.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Went in one I believe twice...

Nothing special. The usual vanity surcharge for the label/packaging.

Don’t have any thoughts if they were to continue or go the way of the Dodo...as it’s purely optional and that’s ok.
You can't get an Uber/Lyft with multiple car seats, and an Uber/Lyft with even a single car seat is often more expensive than a Minnie Van.

I've never actually used one myself (I tried and the app failed repeatedly), but that's an important nuance that makes it a bit of a different service that you're paying for, not just label/packaging.

GrumpyFan

The Merriam-Webster definition of rumor specifies "a statement or report current without known authority for its truth", so yeah that could be considered a rumor. I highly doubt they would publish it, but there are some other "news" sources that might.

I'm dubious of anything published by that site, and many others, (even this one some times) especially when they say it's a "rumor", but I still like to entertain the thoughts and discuss them when there's even a shred of possibility of them being true.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You can't get an Uber/Lyft with multiple car seats, and an Uber/Lyft with even a single car seat is often more expensive than a Minnie Van.

I've never actually used one myself (I tried and the app failed repeatedly), but that's an important nuance that makes it a bit of a different service that you're paying for, not just label/packaging.
I’m long past that, Junior 🤪

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom