Minnie Vans Gone For Good?

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Relevant post on another WDW fan site

Minnie Vans were Lyft (and probably will be, again, post-pandemic). Mears still has "yellow cabs" and vans available from bell services. Usually 2 or more cabs are waiting for passengers; often a van as well.

Whatever you choose... Disney bus, Mears van/cab, Lyft, Uber... please mask-up for your own health, and out of courtesy for the driver.

ITM is more click-baity than the site the rhymes with WDW Ruse Souffle. Take it with an entire silo of salt.

Lilofan

Relevant post on another WDW fan site

Minnie Vans were Lyft (and probably will be, again, post-pandemic). Mears still has "yellow cabs" and vans available from bell services. Usually 2 or more cabs are waiting for passengers; often a van as well.

Whatever you choose... Disney bus, Mears van/cab, Lyft, Uber... please mask-up for your own health, and out of courtesy for the driver.
I would support signage on the outside of the driver vehicle

No Mask
No Service

_caleb

legwand77

I have no inside information about DME or Mears, but buses in general are turning out to be significant sources of exposure to the virus in our local school and public transportation systems. I wonder if Disney is trying to distance itself from longer bus rides (I know they have the on-site buses)?

https://theconversation.com/school-bus-safety-during-the-covid-19-pandemic-8-recommendations-145226

Also Disney is saving money.
Quite the stretch to make that claim from one article from back in September, which doesn't even state that.

_caleb

Quite the stretch to make that claim from one article from back in September, which doesn't even state that.
Oh, the article I posted had to do with the research into transmission on a Chinese bus. The claim I’m making is based on direct knowledge of our local school system.

legwand77

Oh, the article I posted had to do with the research into transmission on a Chinese bus. The claim I’m making is based on direct knowledge of our local school system.
So anecdotal at best

your article is university of Michigan guy mirroring CDC guidance that is all, with a Chinese graphic, nothing about a new significant source of exposure.

_caleb

So anecdotal at best

your article is university of Michigan guy mirroring CDC guidance that is all, with a Chinese graphic, nothing about a new significant source of exposure.
Yes, entirely anecdotal. The significant source of exposure is school buses in my district. I know this first hand. The article was in support of buses in general being a source of exposure. The author, an expert, sets the protocols for school buses. Shorter rides are safer than longer rides. I did not say anything about it being new.

I wasn’t making a claim about DME or Disney. I speculated that this may be a concern Disney has. It might be nothing.

I’m throwing out ideas and opinions, and you’re looking for a debate?

LovePop

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I did not want to start a new one.

Take this with a huge grain of salt, as the source most certainly cannot be verified, but other sites are reporting that the Minnie Van drivers are being called back for retraining.

Supposedly this is in order to facilitate a replacement service for Magical Express.

Perhaps an insider may be able to shed more verifiable insight.
Yes please, I want the Minnie Van back! Not necessarily right now, but definitely once covid is contained and everything is back to normal!

LovePop

I can see it now

"We have decided to discontinue all resort buses and monorails for your safety and convenience. In order to provide a safe resort wide transportation system we will be restarting the popular Minnie Vans* Vacationers have more options to choose from than ever for transportation, including Minnie Van* services that save time and offer more flexibility to go where they want, when they want"

*Minnie Vans start at $20 per mile, $1 per second waiting fee applies, use of child car seats will attract a $50 per seat upcharge and will include one complimentary cup cake per seat, luggage is subject to a $20 per piece handling fee, a fee of $100 for any off site drop offs excluding the airport which will be subject to a fee of $50, all trips from Disney Springs to any Walt Disney World Theme Park will incur a parking fee supplement of $25 as we know you parked your car for free to avoid the fees at the park. All prices are subject to change at the last minute including when you are in journey to your destination.
I thought of that too. Why only discontinue the DME because "uber is better"? The same logic or argument can apply to all the internal WDW transportation. Imagine the money Disney saves by getting rid of all the buses, boats, skyliner, monrail, while at the same time raise the hotel room prices anyway. Because no matter what perks Disney gets rid of, people will continue to suck it up and stay there. I know that I'm that way. It's like being in an abusive relationship.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I thought of that too. Why only discontinue the DME because "uber is better"? The same logic or argument can apply to all the internal WDW transportation. Imagine the money Disney saves by getting rid of all the buses, boats, skyliner, monrail, while at the same time raise the hotel room prices anyway. Because no matter what perks Disney gets rid of, people will continue to suck it up and stay there. I know that I'm that way. It's like being in an abusive relationship.
Even if what you said were true. The pixie duster fans get mad, frustrated, and at a regular rate either die or become to old to come to Disney. It will be 4 to 5 years before Disney is back to normal and will be trying all sorts of bizarre promotions to see what sticks. Disney can't and won't make major transportation policies that will impact them badly down the road. My guess on Minnie vans was liability. But "hey welcome to our really big resort complex and call an Uber to get around" will never happen. Once you get "On property" they will take care of you. They DO NOT WANT YOU OFF PROPERTY and we all understand this.

legwand77

Yes, entirely anecdotal. The significant source of exposure is school buses in my district. I know this first hand. The article was in support of buses in general being a source of exposure. The author, an expert, sets the protocols for school buses. Shorter rides are safer than longer rides. I did not say anything about it being new.

I wasn’t making a claim about DME or Disney. I speculated that this may be a concern Disney has. It might be nothing.

I’m throwing out ideas and opinions, and you’re looking for a debate?
No, no debate needed, like you stated it is anecdotal. Just noting “buses in general are turning out to be significant sources of exposure to the virus” is not general consensus at all. It is no more riskier than other modes a public transportation when CDC guidance is followed. “Turning out to be” implies this is new info.

_caleb

No, no debate needed, like you stated it is anecdotal. Just noting “buses in general are turning out to be significant sources of exposure to the virus” is not general consensus at all. It is no more riskier than other modes a public transportation when CDC guidance is followed. “Turning out to be” implies this is new info.
Ok. I meant for the entire sentence to go together: “buses in general are turning out to be significant sources of exposure to the virus in our local school and public transportation systems.”

HauntedMansionFLA

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I did not want to start a new one.

Take this with a huge grain of salt, as the source most certainly cannot be verified, but other sites are reporting that the Minnie Van drivers are being called back for retraining.

Supposedly this is in order to facilitate a replacement service for Magical Express.

Perhaps an insider may be able to shed more verifiable insight.
All of those cast members were in a non union role with no recall rights.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom