Minnie Vans Gone For Good?

Ravenclaw78

That's not correct. We tried to reserve renting recreation watercraft.
Right, that's what he said. The transportation boats, which are what was referenced in the picture you quoted, do not require reservations and will be running. Recreation watercraft, which you tried and failed to rent and keep conflating with the ferry boats, will not be available.

nickys

Premium Member
According to when I spoke with Disney reservations trying to get info to rent a watercraft , their feedback is there will be no reservations accepted in 2020.
You can rent kayaks from FW, but you don’t need advance reservations for them.

Tomi-Rocket

I wanted to use them, I thought they were so cute. But, then I compared prices and found they weren’t THAT cute, lol. That being said maybe they weren’t as cost effective as Disney likes.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
A friend of mine found this. Could be true, that someone was just baiting the guy who runs that site knowing he’s a rumor mill.
OMG. Apparently the posted story about Minnie Vans was an intentional misdirect by someone trying to trick Tom. And they ran with it! WOW
That’s...actually incredibly cruel. Lying to see if someone else will believe you makes one a bad person. That’s what middle schoolers do.

nickys

Premium Member
That’s...actually incredibly cruel. Lying to see if someone else will believe you makes one a bad person. That’s what middle schoolers do.
Probably true.
However let’s not forget this is a guy that Disney themselves got so fed up with that they publically denounced a couple of his “breaking stories” last year (The Seas & Country Bears). And rumour was that possibly one of those or one of his other ”notable” stories was leaked to him by Disney to see whether he would verify anything before publishing.
His main source used to be the forums here, which he then claimed as his own success when they proved right. So I have zero sympathy with him and, cruel or not, I laughed out loud at this.

esskay

"Gone for good" is a silly thing to say in the current situation. It's like when someone posted saying all character dining was gone for good.

The cars were aging so needed replacing - no point doing that if nobody is visiting right now. Makes more sense to suspend it for a couple of years until the parks start to recover. It's already pretty clear the parks and the company as a whole are going to suffer pretty badly for the forseable future, so things like this are the obvious sacrifice to make.

MickeyMouse10

If true, Tom Corless is getting what he deserves. Some of the rumors (a.k.a. lies) he tells are totally not believable (demo of the Seas building). I will believe my great grandma with the beard and dementia over him anyday.

drizgirl

"Gone for good" is a silly thing to say in the current situation. It's like when someone posted saying all character dining was gone for good.

The cars were aging so needed replacing - no point doing that if nobody is visiting right now. Makes more sense to suspend it for a couple of years until the parks start to recover. It's already pretty clear the parks and the company as a whole are going to suffer pretty badly for the forseable future, so things like this are the obvious sacrifice to make.
Aging? How old is the service?

Lilofan

I've seen the Minnie vans. They were brand new models.

YankeeMouse

The one time we used Uber at Disney from WL it was super early (going to DHS for RotR) it was foggy and the driver was going way over speed limit. Thankfully, there were not many cars on the road due to being 5 a.m. but NEVER AGAIN.

Goofnut1980

We liked them until they became like $40 for a one way ride... That gets a tad bit expensive. Yes they were awesome. But the cost was a tad bit excessive.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
It’s not like Disney to leave money on the table. I’m quite confident the Minnie Vans will return when demand is there and it is safe to do so. At those prices, they had to be making a killing.
Talk about leaving money on the table -- can you imagine how much a true Disneyholic would pay for a used Minnie Van?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom