Minnie van service

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I found the Minnie Van to be a nice option when you have a time crunch or don't want to deal with long bus lines.
In both cases, we found them to be a godsend. We needed to get to the Hooped Dee Doo Review and there was no clear cut way from the Polly, we'd need to take two buses and with only 30 minutes for the reservation the Minnie Van was the only option. Its pricey but in a pinch its useful

drwadadli

I found the Minnie Van to be a nice option when you have a time crunch or don't want to deal with long bus lines.
In both cases, we found them to be a godsend. We needed to get to the Hooped Dee Doo Review and there was no clear cut way from the Polly, we'd need to take two buses and with only 30 minutes for the reservation the Minnie Van was the only option. Its pricey but in a pinch its useful
I am glad to hear it worked for you. But in case you didn't know and still didn't want to take bus, you could take the water taxi from POLY to MK and water taxi from MK to FW with the total trip taking about 20 - 30 minutes. You could have also taken monorail to CR and then water taxi to FW with that trip taking about 20 minutes (of course depending on if the monorail is broken down or not).

DarthVader

Sith Lord
you could take the water taxi from POLY to MK and water taxi from MK to FW with the total trip taking about 20 - 30 minutes. You could have also taken monorail to CR and then water taxi to FW with that trip taking about 20 minutes (of course depending on if the monorail is broken down or not).

In both cases it requires a transfer, i.e., taking two different transportation means just to get to the restraurant. Given that its possible I wait 20 minutes for the first ride and worst case scernerio wait another 20 minutes for the second meant I was at risk at being late.

drwadadli

In both cases it requires a transfer, i.e., taking two different transportation means just to get to the restraurant. Given that its possible I wait 20 minutes for the first ride and worst case scernerio wait another 20 minutes for the second meant I was at risk at being late.
No problem at all and so true. I am glad you get to the show on time and glad to hear the Minnie Van Service worked for you. I read about a lot of people that complain about it. I think most of those are from people that like to complain about everything so it is always nice to read about where this service works.

I think this is a good service and see the benefit!!!

CaptainAmerica

What a miserable experience this turned out to be. It was the lone blight on an otherwise fantastic trip. We're staying at DAAR and had dinner at Boma a few nights ago, planning on taking a Minnie Van to get back to our resort. I requested service in the Lyft app and it continually spun on the "Searching for Drivers" screen for several minutes before it timed out. There was no indication that anything had gone wrong or what I was supposed to do next, the search just stopped. So I initiated the request again. Spin and spin and spin, time out, no message or notification. I tried this several times before taking it to the concierge to confirm that I was doing everything right and she assured me that I was and perhaps the system was just overloaded. So I kept trying. 30 minutes go by from start to finish without any luck, it just spins and times out constantly. Eventually I give up and get on a bus to Hollywood Studios to transfer there. Not two minutes go by after I board the bus when I get a notification that my Minnie Van is on its way, license plate number such-and-such. I try to cancel but I'm still charged $25, which takes a long and exhausting conversation with guest relations to get reversed. Disney gets an F from me on this until they drastically increase the size of their fleet and dramatically improve the integration of their systems with the Lyft app.

jaklgreen

What a miserable experience this turned out to be. It was the lone blight on an otherwise fantastic trip. We're staying at DAAR and had dinner at Boma a few nights ago, planning on taking a Minnie Van to get back to our resort. I requested service in the Lyft app and it continually spun on the "Searching for Drivers" screen for several minutes before it timed out. There was no indication that anything had gone wrong or what I was supposed to do next, the search just stopped. So I initiated the request again. Spin and spin and spin, time out, no message or notification. I tried this several times before taking it to the concierge to confirm that I was doing everything right and she assured me that I was and perhaps the system was just overloaded. So I kept trying. 30 minutes go by from start to finish without any luck, it just spins and times out constantly. Eventually I give up and get on a bus to Hollywood Studios to transfer there. Not two minutes go by after I board the bus when I get a notification that my Minnie Van is on its way, license plate number such-and-such. I try to cancel but I'm still charged $25, which takes a long and exhausting conversation with guest relations to get reversed. Disney gets an F from me on this until they drastically increase the size of their fleet and dramatically improve the integration of their systems with the Lyft app.
That stinks! I had it time out on me once but it went through the second time. The cast member told me it does that when they have more requests then drivers. There should be a way to cancel the request and not get charged. Hopefully they fix this. Maybe get more drivers for the busy times.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I requested service in the Lyft app and it continually spun on the "Searching for Drivers" screen for several minutes before it timed out.
I had that issue as well. That app wouldn't work for requesting a ride back to the resort from the Hoop Dee Doo. We go there that way, so it worked a few hours ago. The person next me me requested a Mini-van and it worked for her family. I rebooted my phone, I closed the app, I deleted and reinstalled the app.

Funny the thing was working the next day, so I suspect the issue was on Lyft's side

drwadadli

can someone help a brit out - with this service do we tip? anyone know if tip is cash transaction or through the app? thanks :)
Tipping is not required as the drivers are paid hourly cast members but tipping is appreciative. Tipping can be either through the app or cash.

aw14

can someone help a brit out - with this service do we tip? anyone know if tip is cash transaction or through the app? thanks :)
We used the service multiple times during our last trip (11/17) and were told by the drivers that they cannot tip.

We were fortunate, the service was timely and excellent every time

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom