Minnie van service

WDWFan2018

Original Poster
I just found out that the Minnie van service is only for deluxe resorts?? I was hoping to use it from POFQ in November since it has car seats in it. I've read that they want to expand this service to the airport but I haven't heard anything about them expanding it to other resorts. Does anyone have any insight?

NYwdwfan

https://www.wdwmagic.com/transporta...e-at-more-walt-disney-world-resort-hotels.htm

The cost is a flat rate of $25 per car, and service can be arranged from the Lyft app.

Here is a full updated list of resorts with Minnie Van availability:
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Disney's Beach Club Resorts
  • Disney’s BoardWalk Resort
  • Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Disney’s Contemporary Resort
  • Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
  • Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Disney’s Old Key West Resort
  • Disney’s Pop Century Resort
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort
  • Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
  • Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
  • Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney’s Yacht Club Resort

CaptainAmerica

Here is a full updated list of resorts with Minnie Van availability:
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Disney's Beach Club Resorts
  • Disney’s BoardWalk Resort
  • Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Disney’s Contemporary Resort
  • Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
  • Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Disney’s Old Key West Resort
  • Disney’s Pop Century Resort
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort
  • Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
  • Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
  • Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
How does that work? Are those the pickup locations? For example, Animal Kingdom Lodge is on the list but Art of Animation is not. Can I take a Minnie Van from Art of Animation to dinner at Boma? Can I take it back to Art of Animation afterwards? Neither? Both?

I need two car seats and that makes Uber booking very difficult.

WDWFan2018

Original Poster
How does that work? Are those the pickup locations? For example, Animal Kingdom Lodge is on the list but Art of Animation is not. Can I take a Minnie Van from Art of Animation to dinner at Boma? Can I take it back to Art of Animation afterwards? Neither? Both?

I would like to know this too. From what I understand, you can only take it to and from resorts on the list, any of the disney parks or disney springs but I am looking for clarification. This must be a more updated list because the one I saw did not include port orleans or pop.

NYwdwfan

I would like to know this too. From what I understand, you can only take it to and from resorts on the list, any of the disney parks or disney springs but I am looking for clarification. This must be a more updated list because the one I saw did not include port orleans or pop.

I'm not sure - I just quoted what was posted on the WDWMagic website for the resort list. The Disney website isn't too much help as far as car seats:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/minnie-van-service/

drwadadli

Currently, the resorts that do not have Minnie Van Service as the All-Star Resorts. So good news for AoA guests, AoA got added to the list of Minnie Van Service as of today April 16, 2018.

The overall point is that you have the Lyft App modified by a cast member at a Disney resort to be allowed to use the Minnie Van Service. To get from AKL to AoA, just use the Lyft App and then tell the driver to take you to AoA.

This is from Disney's own website.... https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/minnie-van-service/

How It Works
Minnie Van service works with the Lyft app while you’re staying at a participating Disney Resort hotel. Simply ask a Cast Member at the Resort Front Desk to help you get started. Once activated, open the Lyft app from anywhere within Walt Disney World Resort to access Minnie Van service, request a ride and pay for it through the app. Cars are usually minutes away.
Note: Minnie Van vehicles can accommodate Guests with standard wheelchairs, motorized vehicles and electric conveyance vehicles (ECVs); however, an additional wait time may occur.
What to Expect – The Vehicle
Minnie Van vehicles are roomy, comfortable and playfully themed with a style inspired by Minnie Mouse. Each vehicle accommodates up to 6 Guests and is equipped with 2 versatile car seats.
What to Expect – The Experience
Minnie Van drivers are friendly Disney Cast Members who are trained to whisk you off to where you need to be—safely and with a smile.

Resort Locations & Destinations
Minnie Van service is available for Guests staying at the following Disney Resort hotels:
We hope to be able to accommodate other Walt Disney World Guests in the near future.
At this time, Minnie Van service only operates within Walt Disney World Resort to get Guests to and from Walt Disney World destinations.

Pricing
Minnie Van service is $25 per trip, per vehicle. Prices are subject to change. You’ll pay for service conveniently through the Lyft app.

Hours of Operation
Minnie Van service operates from 6:30 AM to 12:30 AM daily. Hours of operation are subject to change.

RememberWhen

Does anyone know what happens if you have more than 6 people? We’ll be traveling with a group of 8, including two kids in car seats. I’m not above telling my sisters to find their own way, but it would be nicer if we all travel together.

drwadadli

Does anyone know what happens if you have more than 6 people? We’ll be traveling with a group of 8, including two kids in car seats. I’m not above telling my sisters to find their own way, but it would be nicer if we all travel together.
You would need to two Minnie Vans especially with two kids in car seats. The good news is that each Minnie Van comes with two car seats free for use.

RememberWhen

You would need to two Minnie Vans especially with two kids in car seats. The good news is that each Minnie Van comes with two car seats free for use.
But would they charge us $50? For that price I’m leaving my sisters behind.
We’re thinking about a lunch/dinner at Animal Kingdom Lodge after being at Animal Kingdom for the morning. We would take the bus there, but it would be nice to be able to get straight back to Boardwalk without transferring. Maybe my sisters will want to go back to a park anyway.

drwadadli

But would they charge us $50? For that price I’m leaving my sisters behind.
We’re thinking about a lunch/dinner at Animal Kingdom Lodge after being at Animal Kingdom for the morning. We would take the bus there, but it would be nice to be able to get straight back to Boardwalk without transferring. Maybe my sisters will want to go back to a park anyway.
Yes....two Minnie Vans means two charges. The price is $25/van so two vans equal $50.00 total.

jaklgreen

Ok so I used the Minnie Van service last year when I was staying at Beach Club. What the cast member said was you have to be staying at one of the participating resorts to have the service "unlocked", but you can use it from anywhere on the property. And once it is unlocked on your Uber app, then you can use it forever after that. So I unlocked it at my Beach Club stay and was able to use it when I switched resorts to POFQ(that was before that resort was one of the ones participating in it). So now that I have it unlocked, I can use it in all future trips to WDW. I can pull it up on my app now(except that I live in Nebraska LOL).

drwadadli

Ok so I used the Minnie Van service last year when I was staying at Beach Club. What the cast member said was you have to be staying at one of the participating resorts to have the service "unlocked", but you can use it from anywhere on the property. And once it is unlocked on your Uber app, then you can use it forever after that. So I unlocked it at my Beach Club stay and was able to use it when I switched resorts to POFQ(that was before that resort was one of the ones participating in it). So now that I have it unlocked, I can use it in all future trips to WDW. I can pull it up on my app now(except that I live in Nebraska LOL).
Make sure you use that correct app.....it's Lyft NOT Uber

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom