Minnie Mouse ditches dress for pantsuits - DLP

TP2000

This is a good thing. Personally, I was mighty sick of seeing her bloomers. What was up with that anyway? It is amazing that they managed to upgrade her clothing just in time to still be 50 years out of style.

You obviously weren't at Disneyland in 1986, when she wore a very short miniskirt, wild sweatshirt, spangly double earrings, and metallic Madonna bow.

2012minnieparade5.jpg

Last edited:

Patcheslee

With having a 13yo that doesn't want to wear dress for her first dance this spring, I don't see the issue with Minnie in a pants suit. It's something more girls are getting comfortable with as an alternative to what many still expect of them.
Admittedly I'm not a fashion person at all, this still looks like comfortable pajamas with too much going on.

drizgirl

With having a 13yo that doesn't want to wear dress for her first dance this spring, I don't see the issue with Minnie in a pants suit. It's something more girls are getting comfortable with as an alternative to what many still expect of them.
Admittedly I'm not a fashion person at all, this still looks like comfortable pajamas with too much going on.
I didn't know girls were required to wear dresses these days. Why not let her wear what she wants to the dance?

Patcheslee

I didn't know girls were required to wear dresses these days. Why not let her wear what she wants to the dance?
The school still has "semi-formal" dress code, which for girls only listed skirt length, shoulders cover, no cleavage or bare stomach. She didn't realize pants suit was an option until she said she didn't want to go because she didn't want to wear a dress. Now that she's knows, she's willing to go. And if the school doesn't admit her, see me on the news later lol (public school)

drizgirl

The school still has "semi-formal" dress code, which for girls only listed skirt length, shoulders cover, no cleavage or bare stomach. She didn't realize pants suit was an option until she said she didn't want to go because she didn't want to wear a dress.
When I see that I don't read it as "no pants". I read it as if you wear a skirt, it can't be shorter than X. And I have no doubt they needed to specify.

Castle Cake Apologist

View attachment 617080
It seems Minnie has been in pants before.

I think anyone making a big deal out of pants forgot this too

Huh? They never said it's the first time she'd worn pants? It's her first pantsuit, a specific thing.

correcaminos

A certain much-watched TV network that thrives on cultural outrage (guess) made this an issue. It builds on their recent consternation that a cartoon M&M changed her shoes.
Your guess nailed it. There's a very specific group of people on television purposely sparking and fueling outrage over what is essentially not a big deal at all.
I don't even watch news on TV and see it. Must filter down. Really ridiculous some of the things I have read.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom