Mini WDW Update

marksniles

Original Poster
Hi guys! I just got back from WDW. WE drove for 22 hours (not straight of course) but boy are we tired and going through some serious DD (Disney Depression). We arrived last Tuesday and stayed until Saturday morning. When we were there we stayed at the Pop Century resort and went to EPCOT, Magic Kingdom, and MGM. Here's a few things I noticed:

EPCOT:
The Flower and Garden Festival is awesome! The flowers were so beautiful. We found a lot of the 50 hidden Mickey's but we didn't find them all. Has anyone found all 50 yet? Let me know - I'd like to compare notes.

We went on SOARIN'. It's awesome! Even the wife loved it and she gets motion sickness very easily. My only complaint and it is a minor one is that they should have wrapped the screen all the way around your viewing area. We were seated in the second row of the last rows of cars on the edge of the screen. From that angle we were able to the balck edges of the screen on both sides. It kind of took away from the true sensation of flying. I know you'll shoot me for this but at Universal's Back to the Future ride the screen totally wraps itself around your viewing area. Soarin' didn't do that BUT it's still in the testing stages sooo....

Spaceship Earth seemed rougher than usual and every time we rode it (4 times) part of the narration is missing on the tunnel ride up inside.

WE bought a small Mickey topiary and a Mickey shaped flower pot while we were there.

Magic Kingdom:
Crowded as usual.

Splash Mt. should be nick named Bubble Gum Mt. because the ride is FULL of people's gum. Through out the attraction people have thrown their gum on to the sides. It was discusting. There's Brer Rabbit singing away and there's all this gum at his feet.

Somewhere in the park (I forget where) but there was a wall of gum. A wall! I know people will start complaining about how Disney isn't keeping the park as clean as they should be but come on people show a little common sense and throw your gum away where it belongs. Perhaps this is why Disney does not sell any gum in any of their parks! HMMM!

The castle looks beautiful!

I wasn't impressed with Cinderellabation. It just didn't do anything for me. But that's just me. Nothing really to complain about it! The costumes looked great!

MGM:
Fantasmic had some added special effects at the end of the show. There were flames coming out of the fountains bases. We had never seen that before. It was cool!

Light Motors won't be running until it's grand opening on May 5th we were told.

I think that's it!

I can't think of anything else!
Talk to you all soon!
Mark

fruitcake

I am so excited to hear that you purchased a Mickey topiary. If you don't mind, how much was it? Any characters other than Mickey? 11 days to go....it's just not getting here fast enough!!! :p

peter11435

The Fantasmic thing has always been there.

As for the gum I agree it is terrible. However it is the guests fault not Disney's. The fact is all it takes is one idiot to stick his gum on a wall. Now if only one out of every hundred people you sees it decide to be stupid and copy him the wall soon has 500 pieces of gum on it. This makes it look it has been like this awhile to build up like that, but in actuality only takes a day. Then when they do clean it up the whole process instantly begins to repeat itself. Many people = Immature fools

dave2822

Thanks for the updates! :wave:

marksniles said:
at Universal's Back to the Future ride the screen totally wraps itself around your viewing area.

Have you ever noticed though, that if you are in the front seat you can look left or right and see the other time machines? last time i was in the drivers seat, happened to look left and see about 12 other time machines :lol:

marksniles

Original Poster
dave2822 said:
Thanks for the updates! :wave:

Have you ever noticed though, that if you are in the front seat you can look left or right and see the other time machines? last time i was in the drivers seat, happened to look left and see about 12 other time machines :lol:
And this is what it was like on Soarin'.

Pongo

cowboibabyy said:
Does anyone know if I can board my flight home with a plant?...I want a Mickey topiary.

I've taken a flight from Arizona to Florida with a cactus in my carry-on.

I think they'll allow you to take a topiary. If it fits.

ctwhalerman

That stinks about the gum, I really hate it when people show no respect for property.

It reminded me of Six Flags New England, where each coaster seemed to have its own "Wall of Gum," with wads of gum all over the place in the queues. Much to Disney's dismay, at least the inconsiderate people who put their gum on the wall placed pennies, nickles, dimes, and quarters in the gum, (there mustve been $20 alone on Superman).
It just can't be good when something I use all the time to make fun of Six Flags is actually occurring inside a Disney park, but maybe it was a busy day with so many bad guests that custodial couldn't keep up...

Mission: SPACE

Oh the ever changing word on LMA... we will be doing shows every now and then, but not regularly until May 5. Most shows will be done one weekends, but at this point there's no guarantee if there will be a show. I went to work last Sunday, planning to work two shows, and they told me they had been cancelled.

My guess is that this post was talking about the Mickey Topiary dolls which they have for purchse now during the F&G festival.

I saw a picture somewhere on the internet today (either jimhillmedia.com, mouseplanet.com, or laughingplace.com... one of those). I don't think Disney is selling any actual topiaries....yet. Write them enough and .... you know... demand--->supply!

:)

marksniles

Original Poster
919Florida said:
Where in EPCOT did you get this topiary and how much was he? I want one to now :)
He was $31 and it is located near the Canada McD Fry shop. If you take the rose walkway from JII to world showcase it wil lead you right to it.

marksniles

Original Poster
Mission: SPACE said:
Oh the ever changing word on LMA... we will be doing shows every now and then, but not regularly until May 5. Most shows will be done one weekends, but at this point there's no guarantee if there will be a show. I went to work last Sunday, planning to work two shows, and they told me they had been cancelled.
Why were they cancelled? Did they explain?

marksniles

Original Poster
cowboibabyy said:
Does anyone know if I can board my flight home with a plant?...I want a Mickey topiary.
The guy who sold me it said to wrap it in newspaper and I overheard him tell the woman in front of me to put it in a box and take it on the plane as a carry on and try to store it under your seat not in the overheads.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom